Thread: Secret Service arrests ex-Bobcat Baxter on gun charge (ESPN.com)

Post Secret Service arrests ex-Bobcat Baxter on gun charge (ESPN.com)

Lonny Baxter was arrested by uniformed Secret Service officers on Wednesday after shots were fired from a vehicle about two blocks from the White House.

More...

Sports Logo

Default Re: Secret Service arrests ex-Bobcat Baxter on gun charge (ESPN.com)

What kind of **** has to be going through your hear to shoot at the white house. You cant possibly think you will get away with it. He should be banned from the NBA for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What kind of **** has to be going through your hear to shoot at the white house. You cant possibly think you will get away with it. He should be banned from the NBA for life.
    There's no line of sight of the White House from where he was.

He couldn't have shot "at" the White House from a vehicle.

Shooting in the area close to the White House, even if it has nothing to do with whatever stupid crap you're doing, is probably not encouraged.

(On an interesting side note, I can look out my window and see where he got arrested. Neat.)

I thought the Pacers were looking for a shooter? Search no more...

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    OMG!!

Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    You win. Good day sir!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    There's no line of sight of the White House from where he was.

He couldn't have shot "at" the White House from a vehicle.

Shooting in the area close to the White House, even if it has nothing to do with whatever stupid crap you're doing, is probably not encouraged.

(On an interesting side note, I can look out my window and see where he got arrested. Neat.)
    First of all, yes he can. He may not be able to see the White House, but you can still aim in that general direction.

Second of all, you are correct. Discharging of any fireman in that area probably isnt the best of ideas, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    First of all, yes he can. He may not be able to see the White House, but you can still aim in that general direction.

Second of all, you are correct. Discharging of any fireman in that area probably isnt the best of ideas, all things considered.
    I could aim in the general direction of the Eiffel Tower from here. That doesn't mean I was shooting "at" it.

I could aim in the general direction of the Eiffel Tower from here. That doesn't mean I was shooting "at" it.
    Yeah, but how far away are you from the Eiffel Tower right now?

How far away from the White House was he this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Yeah, but how far away are you from the Eiffel Tower right now?

How far away from the White House was he this morning?
    If his bullet could get through all the concrete and steel of the buildings in his way.....not to mention the distance, trees, and a shot that physics wouldn't allow, then he'd only be slightly more likely to hit anything remotely near the White House grounds than I would be a French guy having lunch underneath the Tower.

If his bullet could get through all the concrete and steel of the buildings in his way.....not to mention the distance, trees, and a shot that physics wouldn't allow, then he'd only be slightly more likely to hit anything remotely near the White House grounds than I would be a French guy having lunch underneath the Tower.
    I dont really care if there was a steel wall between him and the white house, the moral of the story is dont be in that general vicinity of the WH with a weapon, better yet discharging it.

porsche

Secret Service, they never understand jokes

hehehe

now this is interesting how things will develop for Baxter