Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

  1. #26
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by twscholl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To all the new College students, good luck. College is a serious good time. Work hard and play hard, but remember why you are there. Keep up with your assignments and DO NOT PROCRASTINATE! Talk to your professors and find out what each class has to teach you.

    The big difference between HS and College is that you now own your education. You have to do it for you. Keep that in mind. You're professors want you to succeed, but they want you to break away and do it for yourself.

    I am an academic dean for a school on the west coast (Hoosier Boy -- U of Evansville class of 1993). Maybe I'll start up an advice thread for the college crowd. ...Worked for Jermaniac.

    Dr. T's Big Thread of College Wisdom.
    That would be a good idea!


    I'm both excited and nervous. Which is why I'm still up, cannot sleep. Must go to sleep now though.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  2. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    B-town
    Age
    27
    Posts
    886

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, Soup, are you excited, nervous?

    I'm a little bit of both for IU.
    I'm going to IU too. I'm a little bit nervous, but really excited at the same time. I've got 15 hrs this semester.

  3. #28

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to IU too. I'm a little bit nervous, but really excited at the same time. I've got 15 hrs this semester.
    I made it through IU in one piece.

    You two will be fine.

  4. #29
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,488

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I made it through IU in one piece.

    You two will be fine.
    You maybe in one piece but look at you now...

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. #30

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You maybe in one piece but look at you now...
    I'm wearing adult diapers and a snorkel. What's your point?

  6. #31
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Let us know how it went, Travman93!

  7. #32
    Member Travman93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Age
    21
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Well, today was a pretty good day. My school is huge so I got lost 3 or 4 times. Too many kids go there so the lunch lines are WAAAY too long. I stood in line for about 25 minutes just to get a chocolate milk, a piece of pizza, and a Fruit By The Foot.










  8. #33
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    lmao At chocolate milk and a pizza. Damn those where the days, when you stood in line for 67 minutes to get that nasty *** bean burrito.

  9. #34
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,669

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Travman93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, today was a pretty good day. My school is huge so I got lost 3 or 4 times. Too many kids go there so the lunch lines are WAAAY too long. I stood in line for about 25 minutes just to get a chocolate milk, a piece of pizza, and a Fruit By The Foot.
    See once you get to know your way around, you will know the quickest ways to the lunchroom, haha.

    It also is good if your class isn't too far from the place.

    Hell on Tuesdays at my HS we have some restaurant-style chicken and I'm booking it to get there, get a seat and get in line, and normally I get it fast,

  10. #35
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    I'd forgotten how I used to jet down the main hall way to the cafeteria during lunch dismissal to beat the crowd. Otherwise I'd easily lose up to 10 minutes of lunch.

  11. #36
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,669

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd forgotten how I used to jet down the main hall way to the cafeteria during lunch dismissal to beat the crowd. Otherwise I'd easily lose up to 10 minutes of lunch.
    Yep, it's pretty sad that you have to do that.

    But, I bet they won't be serving anything good for us, tommorow, so I'll get a seat and go to the snack bar and grab some "Healthy-style junk food."

    "Baked BBQ Lays." Mmmmmmm... If I want to be a fatass I can, free country, so stupid, and I'm not even fat. "Baked Nacho flavor Doritos." Mmmmmmmm...

    I always get a pop from home though, haha.

  12. #37
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd forgotten how I used to jet down the main hall way to the cafeteria during lunch dismissal to beat the crowd. Otherwise I'd easily lose up to 10 minutes of lunch.

    At my HS, you pretty much lost nearly all your lunchtime if you did not get there somewhat quickly.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  13. #38
    Member Ron who?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    479

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, for me 8th grade was a great year!

    Sophomore year should be fun, but I'm taking a few hard classes.
    same... im just scared my classes are gonna kill me...


    dun worry about 8th grade though.. your the oldest at your school meaning you wont get picked on in a bad way and just dont act like your "da ****" and you'll be good

  14. #39
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,488

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lmao At chocolate milk and a pizza. Damn those where the days, when you stood in line for 67 minutes to get that nasty *** bean burrito.
    I know jr high was the times.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. #40
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    First day of college was pretty cool. I was scared of how its gonna be and how I'm gonna get around but it was all good. Man there is so much damn work, in my English class we gotta buy 5 damn books and we already got a damn essay due next week. For a guy who got through high school without ever doing his homework, college is going to be crazy for me.

    I had a class at 8, then I didnt have one until freaking 12, so I went to my car and fell asleep. then after that I had practice at 2 to 4.

    Tomorrow I only got one class until 9:30 and then I dont got **** to do until practice at 2, so I'm gonna go home and sleep again.

    My schedule right now is wierd cause my math class doesnt start until Oct,16.

  16. #41
    Member pollardfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    871

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Are you a Don Jerm?

  17. #42
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Nah I go to Skyline, I could have went to SF but I didnt want to, I chose to go to a JC. I really dont know what I'm trying to do with my life right now so I didnt want to go to SF and waste a **** load of money.

  18. #43
    Member pollardfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    871

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah I go to Skyline, I could have went to SF but I didnt want to, I chose to go to a JC. I really dont know what I'm trying to do with my life right now so I didnt want to go to SF and waste a **** load of money.
    Yah, same w/ me. I was going to go to UOP but 30 grand a year? **** that.

  19. #44
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Where you going right now?

  20. #45
    Member pollardfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    871

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where you going right now?
    CSU Stanislaus.

  21. #46
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...in my English class we gotta buy 5 damn books and we already got a damn essay due next week.
    Ah, yes. English is fun as a freshman. All of a sudden it isn't a bird course anymore. You should be happy you only have to buy 5 books for it. My first year English class, Forms of Fiction 024 was killer. We had to buy 21 different novels and were tested on them all by the final exam (not to mention the short stories and novellas we read throughout). We also had 5 papers for that course. I took it over the more "standard" first-year English course because I told myself that I'd rather read novels than (shorter) Shakespherian poetry, etc. The workload was significantly more, but I probably came away understanding the texts way better than if I was reading poetry.

  22. #47
    Member Ron who?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    479

    Default Re: Tomorrow is My First Day of School! NOOOOOO!!!

    Tuesday is my first day of school... im actually scared cuz there are wwwaaayyy too many "boogey man stories" about AP Euro especially because i got the worst teacher for the class and my PE teacher is supposed to be one of those how about we dont play a sport and run teachers so my favorite class got messed up.... this means more Running less Shooting...


    I didnt get any Nice teachers... 3 mean teachers... 4 average teachers... meh atleast my ID picture turned out well

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •