Thread: Anyone remember this awesome PDA?

Default Anyone remember this awesome PDA?

I saw some jerk in a car throw his McDonalds bag out of the window in front of my house yesterday. I haven't seen someone do that in a long time.

It reminded me of this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vQcKtpJfO...elated&search=

which I saw when I was in elementary school. It made such a big impact when I saw the tear at the end.

Anyone else remember this from the days when throwing your trash out of the car window seemed like a pretty good way to get rid of trash?
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Mood

Default Re: Anyone remember this awesome PDA?

It's always angered me when I see people throw trash out of their car window.

Come on! Does no one out there or a certain age remember this ad? Gee whiz, I thought this was one of those universally moving moments!
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I remember seeing it when i was really really little
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Native American guy was played by a second generation Italian-American.

Yes, this ad was always on back in the day. Almost as omnipresent as Schoolhouse Rock.

Funny, you brought that up about throwing out trash. My 5 yr old had a banana peel in the car yesterday and asked me what to do with it and I said pitch it out the window and then had to explain to him about biodegradable vs.not. Of course, this was in our driveway, so I didn't worry about it hitting another car.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, I remember that quite well. It's been parodied to death over the years.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

The Mean Joe Green commercial - now *that* could bring a tear to my eye.

This one, blah.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

i only "litter" in nice places like carmel. that way i know it will get cleaned up properly. we pay our criminals good money to pick up after us and if i dont litter every now and then i feel like im getting gyped.
    then: adverb - at that time; at the time in question

than: conjunction & preposition - introducing the second element in a comparison

I had never seen the ad but I have seen the parody and I am glad I finally know where it came from so I can understand it.

I too am an avid hater or littering. Actually just last weekend a friend and I saw a white jeep cherokee pull over to the side of the road and throw an entire bag of garbage plus boxes out the window. Me and my friend decided to follow the vehicle get the license plate number and report him/her. As we spend up to get his/her info he/she noticed and started driving iratically. He was passing people on a 2 lane road while other cars were clearly being pushed off the road as he/she was driving at least double the speed limit at some points aswell.

Who would have thought they would go through all of that to get rid of some trash. It turned out to be empty beer and alcoholic bottles so we assumed they were underage and trying to ditch it.

When I used to want to ditch my empties I would take them to the beer store. You dont need to be legal age to get the deposits back.

They almost killed people for no reason. Just plain stupid. But the ironic/annoying part of it was that on the way back from that nights fun the friend that help me chase these guys through his entire mcdonalds bag out the window.

Don't you mean PSA?! PDA is a palm pilot

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Travman93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, the Indian is crying because his Apple II based PDA just crashed when it's 8 type D batteries died, causing him to lose the number of the local police department whom he was going to call to report the littering.

I loved that green screen, but man all those batteries made it weigh a ton and it was bigger than a modern laptop. Back then it was all tubes...oh, and ball bearings. Doncha know anything son, it's was all ball bearings back then (to paraphrase Fletch).

Quote Originally Posted by Travman93 View Post
    D'oh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newman8r View Post
    I had never seen the ad but I have seen the parody and I am glad I finally know where it came from so I can understand it.

I too am an avid hater or littering. Actually just last weekend a friend and I saw a white jeep cherokee pull over to the side of the road and throw an entire bag of garbage plus boxes out the window. Me and my friend decided to follow the vehicle get the license plate number and report him/her. As we spend up to get his/her info he/she noticed and started driving iratically. He was passing people on a 2 lane road while other cars were clearly being pushed off the road as he/she was driving at least double the speed limit at some points aswell.

Who would have thought they would go through all of that to get rid of some trash. It turned out to be empty beer and alcoholic bottles so we assumed they were underage and trying to ditch it.

When I used to want to ditch my empties I would take them to the beer store. You dont need to be legal age to get the deposits back.

They almost killed people for no reason. Just plain stupid. But the ironic/annoying part of it was that on the way back from that nights fun the friend that help me chase these guys through his entire mcdonalds bag out the window.
    I've always wanted to pick up the garbage people throw out the window, follow them home, and then throw it into their front yard. I guess if they lived in an appartment I could dump it on their car. I've never had the opportunity though.

I do remember the commercial.

I was thinking PDA meant Public Display of Affection which is against the rules at my school.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    I was thinking PDA meant Public Display of Affection which is against the rules at my school.
    Yeah, that's the old school definition! What school did you go to? IIRC, that was a rule in my high school (and probably college, too).

I just made BM in VT's RAV4.

Uh....a RAV4 is a nancy car....that ain't me...just stay in your pit or it gets the hose.