Thread: Off-season beat: Best and worst lineups

Default Off-season beat: Best and worst lineups

Pulled this off Fox Sports - Interesting reading on best and worst lineups.

Didn't see any mention of it here - so...

http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/5832792

One of the keys to having success in fantasy hoops is securing players who play within very stable systems and rotations.

In other words, when you draft a guy with your third-round pick, you generally don't want to have to worry about him losing his job or splitting time with another player by Christmas. Looking at the NBA landscape, when it comes to lineup volatility, there is a clear separation of the haves and have-nots.

Good teams like the Heat, Spurs, Pistons and Suns all have fairly reliable rotations, while even a bad team like the Hawks has a probable starting five that looks to be nearly guaranteed.

Then there are teams like the Raptors, Blazers, Knicks and Pacers. There are so many questions about these teams' rotations, and there probably will be several lineup changes throughout the season. I thought I'd take a look at the five most stable starting lineups and the five most unstable for today's column.

4. Indiana Pacers
    PG Jamaal Tinsley/Sarunas Jasikevicius/Orien Greene/Darrell Armstrong
    SG Marquis Daniels/Stephen Jackson/James White
    SF Stephen Jackson/Danny Granger/Shawne Williams/James White/Rawle Marshall
    PF Jermaine O'Neal/Danny Granger/Shawne Williams
    C Jermaine O'Neal/Jeff Foster/David Harrison
    Al Harrington is reportedly on the verge of becoming a Pacer as well, further clouding this picture.

Here are the players who should be starting for the Pacers this season: Tinsley, Daniels, Jackson, Granger and O'Neal. But Jasikevicius is going to get plenty of run, especially when Tinsley is out with an injury by Thanksgiving, and then Orien Greene is going to become a sleeper backup.

Rookies James White and Shawne Williams have impressed Rick Carlisle and Larry Bird and are going to get minutes this season. O'Neal is better suited to play power forward instead of center, but if that happens, Jackson, Daniels or Granger goes to the bench as Foster and Harrison battle for the starting center job. And then you have to think Al Harrington's going to get added into this equation as well, meaning Jackson probably goes to the bench.

In any case, it's still too early to try to figure out what this lineup will look like by the end of October, but just be aware that the Pacers are another team with more questions than answers, and many people think they're headed to the lottery. I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it sure would be nice to have a shot in the Greg Oden sweepstakes next summer.

Default Re: Off-season beat: Best and worst lineups

Quote Originally Posted by indyblue47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pulled this off Fox Sports - Interesting reading on best and worst lineups.

Didn't see any mention of it here - so...

http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/5832792

One of the keys to having success in fantasy hoops is securing players who play within very stable systems and rotations.

In other words, when you draft a guy with your third-round pick, you generally don't want to have to worry about him losing his job or splitting time with another player by Christmas. Looking at the NBA landscape, when it comes to lineup volatility, there is a clear separation of the haves and have-nots.

Good teams like the Heat, Spurs, Pistons and Suns all have fairly reliable rotations, while even a bad team like the Hawks has a probable starting five that looks to be nearly guaranteed.

Then there are teams like the Raptors, Blazers, Knicks and Pacers. There are so many questions about these teams' rotations, and there probably will be several lineup changes throughout the season. I thought I'd take a look at the five most stable starting lineups and the five most unstable for today's column.

4. Indiana Pacers
    PG Jamaal Tinsley/Sarunas Jasikevicius/Orien Greene/Darrell Armstrong
    SG Marquis Daniels/Stephen Jackson/James White
    SF Stephen Jackson/Danny Granger/Shawne Williams/James White/Rawle Marshall
    PF Jermaine O'Neal/Danny Granger/Shawne Williams
    C Jermaine O'Neal/Jeff Foster/David Harrison
    Al Harrington is reportedly on the verge of becoming a Pacer as well, further clouding this picture.

Here are the players who should be starting for the Pacers this season: Tinsley, Daniels, Jackson, Granger and O'Neal. But Jasikevicius is going to get plenty of run, especially when Tinsley is out with an injury by Thanksgiving, and then Orien Greene is going to become a sleeper backup.

Rookies James White and Shawne Williams have impressed Rick Carlisle and Larry Bird and are going to get minutes this season. O'Neal is better suited to play power forward instead of center, but if that happens, Jackson, Daniels or Granger goes to the bench as Foster and Harrison battle for the starting center job. And then you have to think Al Harrington's going to get added into this equation as well, meaning Jackson probably goes to the bench.

In any case, it's still too early to try to figure out what this lineup will look like by the end of October, but just be aware that the Pacers are another team with more questions than answers, and many people think they're headed to the lottery. I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it sure would be nice to have a shot in the Greg Oden sweepstakes next summer.

This article is about fantasy bball ramifications, but yeah....our lineup is all over the place.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs