Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we dont' get a shooter at 2

Default If we dont' get a shooter at 2

What about a sometime lineup of Harrison-Foster/Jermaine/Al/Danny/Tins.
    That could be interesting...............
    You could run some REALLY interesting things on offense. Would pound the heck out of the glass.
    I don't want Danny in the back court, but if the need is there for this season, and we create minutes to let David play himself into or out of future plans, I'd all right with it.

Default Re: If we dont' get a shooter at 2

Or how bout..

Daniels/Granger/Harrington/O'Neal/Harrison

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I do NOT want Granger coming off the bench. I want him to start, I think it's part of the maturation process and would give him confidence, plus I think he will deserve it, he's a consistent force on both ends, which means Jackson would maybe have to come off the bench, which I wonder if he would accept. That's my only worry about Al coming is that it steps on Grangers development.

Granger starts at whatever position he is best at, which seems to be SF. If anybody has to start out of place its JO, not the future of our franchise.

I really don't see the point in getting a shooter at the 2, without a post presence that shooter isn't going to be effective as they could be. I guess we could bank on Harrison developing but that a gamble on gamble.

talent wise, that would be a nice lineup. but it just wouldn't pan out on the court.

you HAVE to have a shooter on the floor if you're gonna run a post presence like JO and Al in the paint. if we camp daniels, tins, and granger out on the perimeter teams will suck into the paint and JO and/or Al are going to see a lot of double teams and contact. they'll be less effective and will probably be very worn down by the all-star break.

even if it's just one shooter on the floor, we need someone out there on the strong side to keep the perimeter defense honest and out of the paint. we have saras on the second unit, now we need someone in our starting lineup.

i would prefer to have our bench rotation be saras, daniels, foster, and harrison. that leaves bird to find a SG/SF who is lights out on the perimeter to join a starting lineup of tins, DG, Al, and JO.

we need to use jax to get that player. or move jax for another big man to replace foster off the bench and use foster to get that shooter.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger starts at whatever position he is best at, which seems to be SF. If anybody has to start out of place its JO, not the future of our franchise.

I really don't see the point in getting a shooter at the 2, without a post presence that shooter isn't going to be effective as they could be. I guess we could bank on Harrison developing but that a gamble on gamble.
    I know that you don't think that JONeal is a Post presense...but isn't Harrington a better Post-presense that could draw some attention?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by purdue101 View Post
    talent wise, that would be a nice lineup. but it just wouldn't pan out on the court.

you HAVE to have a shooter on the floor if you're gonna run a post presence like JO and Al in the paint. if we camp daniels, tins, and granger out on the perimeter teams will suck into the paint and JO and/or Al are going to see a lot of double teams and contact. they'll be less effective and will probably be very worn down by the all-star break.

even if it's just one shooter on the floor, we need someone out there on the strong side to keep the perimeter defense honest and out of the paint. we have saras on the second unit, now we need someone in our starting lineup.

i would prefer to have our bench rotation be saras, daniels, foster, and harrison. that leaves bird to find a SG/SF who is lights out on the perimeter to join a starting lineup of tins, DG, Al, and JO.

we need to use jax to get that player. or move jax for another big man to replace foster off the bench and use foster to get that shooter.

Al dramatically improved his 3 pt shooting last year, do we think that was an anomaly?

.216 to .346

74 to 191 Attempts

i'm thinking someone who can hit 125 plus per season and hover around 40% for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I know that you don't think that JONeal is a Post presense...but isn't Harrington a better Post-presense that could draw some attention?
    Better but I am still not convinced. He didn't get all that many dunks last year, although thats not all there is to being a post presence its a good deal. Jermaine(a guy I don't think is a post presence, who missed half of the year) had more.

i'm thinking someone who can hit 125 plus per season and hover around 40% for the year.
    Mike Miller, Bobby Jackson, Jamison, Nash, Peja, Redd, Ben Gordon, Mike James, Jason Terry, Billups, Korver, Bell, Ray Allen.

Out of these, Mike James was probably attainable. Mike Miller might be. And Korver could be gotten, but considering this is all he could do I wouldn't want him.

Here's a list of all NBA players
    who averaged 1.5 3pt shots made per game last season.

This is the qualified list so most played a large portion if not the full season.

1. Ray Allen
    2. Gilbert Arenas
    3. Raja Bell
    4. Jason Richardson
    5. Kobe Bryant
    6. Chauncey Billups
    7. Peja Stojakovic
    8. Mike Bibby
    9. Kyle Korver
    10. Morris Peterson
    11. Ben Gordon
    12. Mike James
    13. Jason Terry
    14. Michael Redd
    15. Mike Miller
    16. Rasheed Wallace
    17. Steve Nash
    18. Baron Davis
    19. Eddie Jones
    20. Antawn Jamison
    21. Bobby Jackson
    22. Rashard Lewis
    23. James Posey
    24. Jason Williams
    25. Vladimir Radmanovic
    26. Damon Jones
    27. Antoine Walker
    28. Jason Kidd
    29. Tim Thomas
    30. Tracy McGrady
    31. Joe Johnson
    32. Rafer Alston
    33. Kirk Hinrich
    34. Earl Watson
    35. LeBron James
    36. Donyell Marshall
    37. Vince Carter
    38. Hedo Turkoglu
    39. James Jones
    40. Jumaine Jones
    41. Leandro Barbosa
    42. Eddie House
    43. Smush Parker

Why Not Us ?

Franks list is not to be trusted, most of those people shot the ball well below 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    Franks list is not to be trusted, most of those people shot the ball well below 40%.
    The list above is dead on in what it states 3pt shots made in a season.

Of the list above
    Just these few shot below 40% FG wise for the season per Yahoo's information.

1. Rafer Alston
    2. Bobby Jackson
    3. Damon Jones
    4. Baron Davis
    5. Donyell Marshall

-----------------------------------------------------

1. Peja Stojakovic
    2. James Posey
    3. Hedo Turkoglu
    4. Earl Watson
    5. Mike Miller
    6. Jason Terry
    7. Ray Allen
    8. Tim Thomas
    9. Kyle Korver
    10. Chauncey Billups
    11. Ben Gordon
    12. Steve Nash
    13. Raja Bell
    14. Mike James
    15. Leandro Barbosa

Of the entire list provided just these shot 40% or better from the 3pt line.
    So looking for that combination together is a daunting task.

Why Not Us ?

I'm intrigued by the idea of moving Jax for Mike Miller.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I'm intrigued by the idea of moving Jax for Mike Miller.
    I'm also intrigued by moving Tinsley for Jason Terry.

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I'm also intrigued by moving Tinsley for Jason Terry.
    Tinsley in a Mavs uni? Oh dear
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't think we can trade all our players to Dallas and theirs to us.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    I don't think we can trade all our players to Dallas and theirs to us.
    It's worked twice already...

streets ahead

i mentioned this in the trade forum, but what about Hedo Turkoglu? he is a career 38.8% 3pt (last season he was at slightly above 40% i think) he averaged 14ppg BUT the last 20 games after francis was gone and with hill injured he was averaging 18ppg. i think he might be more attainable than mike james, mike miller.

kyle korver is still probably an option but Hedo has the advantage because he is 6'10" and plays point guard to power forward, fitting in with the new pacer paradigm. a sjax for turkoglu trade would probably work both 4yr contracts and SJax is about $1mil more over than span...that gives a lot of lineup versatility you have Tinsley, Daniels, Turkoglu who are fairly good playmakers and ballhandlers...initially when i invisioned the trade, it was without harrington coming to indiana. so i maybe that clutters things up.

what does everyone else think of Hedo for SJax?

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

Why would Orlando want Jackson though?
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If we don't pick up a shooter I think we'll see.

Foster-Harrison
    J.O.
    Al
    Jax
    Tins.

Danny should get 6th. man minutes, but he can't play the 2 as well as Jax yet, and Harrison is still well behind Foster in earning the starting spot.
    I really hope we can find a starting 2 with the MLE.

I really wish we could have gotten Terry 2 years ago, when it was a possiblity...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    I really wish we could have gotten Terry 2 years ago, when it was a possiblity...
    Yes indeed.

But if we don't get another shooter in the backcourt I think we are screwed. Jackson is way to streaky.

I think that right now Saras is about our only player capable of being a good shooter but his abilty to play is a big question mark. Tinsley is not bad but he shoots way to many 3s.

So pretty much I hate that this team lacks shooting and team balance in general. This is why I don't want Al regardless of our need for a legit 2nd scorer and regardless of his improvement in shooting the 3 ball I don't want to bring in Al to shoot the 3 therefore I don't want him shooting the 3 often. It's not his strength IMO.

So if we don't get another shooter in here I dread the thought of a JO/Al/Granger/Daniels/Tinsley lineup.....I hate it.

I think GRANGER could be a three point facter. He was shooting better from the three in the last 1/3 of season. He was shooting 56% (9-16) from the three in the playoffs which are more pressure shots. The man is an athlete he would have NO problem playing minutes at the 2. Plus I could see some good minutes from WHITE also

Danny and Al BOTH are decent enough mid range shooters that you won't be able to pack down. Jermaine/Hulk in a double low post, or Jermaine high and Hulk low, with Danny and Al on the wings out to the 3 pt line. Oh, it could work!