Thread: Pacers Knicks Nuggets 3-way trade

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Default Pacers Knicks Nuggets 3-way trade

'tis off season, which means time to think up trades

how's this 3-team deal:

:thepacers trade jackson, foster, and tinsley. acquire andre miller and mo taylor.

trade jamal crawford and mo taylor. acquire kenyon martin.

trade andre miller and k-mart. acquire jackson, foster, crawford, and tinsley.

why for the pacers

pacers trade depth for quality and flexibility. jackson and foster are both solid rotation guys, but pacers now have a lot of young prospects to potentially replace them. andre miller gives them a (healthy) starting pg, and mo taylor is an expiring contract who can either be bought out or kept as a 1-year rental.

why for the knicks

knicks take a chance on k-mart's knees. his aggressive style will add toughness to knicks' frontcourt. they also alleviate their backcourt logjam by dealing crawford. they do take on a lot more salary, but what's money to the knicks.

why for the nuggets

k-mart is unhappy in denver and anyway they have nene and camby. in return they acquire 4 guys who can be rotation players, but it costs them andre miller. both jackson and foster fill needs for denver, while between tinsley and crawford denver hopes to fill the void left by miller.

how this deal came about

denver has been shopping k-mart for a while but have found few takers. the knicks are one of the few teams willing to take on k-mart's contract and suspect knees, but they only have mediocre players and expiring contracts to offer in return. whereas denver would prefer to get back contributors as they are trying to build a contending team around carmelo. enter the pacers. the pacers are at a transition point where the knicks' expiring contracts look pretty good. getting back a solid pg makes the salary dump a lot more palatable for the pacers. denver ends up with solid players from indiana, while knicks get k-mart while only giving up spare pieces.

from a financial standpoint, knicks take on a lot more salary, denver takes on a little more than before, while pacers stand to save a lot.

thoughts? have at it, folks.

Default Re: Pacers Knicks Nuggets 3-way trade

I think this is pretty good for all teams but Denver might be able to get more for KMart. Although I despise Jackson I think he would flourish as a sixth man here like he did with Reggie. But if it costs us him to get Andre Miller I would pull the trigger. Done Deal.
    Offseason Priorities
    1. Trade Jax
    2. Get Al
    3. Develop Hulk
    4. Wishful thinking obviously.....Andre Miller

Getting Andre Miller makes it work for me. I still would like to hang onto Foster, though.

Heck yes! Our backcourt would be short on shooting, though. But it'd be great otherwise. Maybe we'd just lock 'Dre and 'Quis in a room with Chuck Person.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

The salaries dont really work :S ... knick become even further over the salary ... lets be honest though ... if the others are up for it ... we save a lot of money ... i cant be bothered to work out if that still leaves us with some sort of exception .. if it does then ild be happy to gor bonzi with it :P .... imagaine that line up!
    'All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.'
    Animal Farm, by George Orwell

This is actually a really good and well balanced team, if the salaries work out I think all teams are a go. Perhaps we're giving up a little too much, maybe deserve a pick or two headed back our way.

streets ahead

not that thomas would make a logical move, but i really don't see the knicks making a deal without trading Francis and/or QRich. they've been shopping them both all summer so i think a deal with the knicks would need to involve either of them going to the nuggets. so if the deal was

PACERS: A. Miller (in), J. Tinsley, J. Foster (out)
    KNICKS: K. Martin, E Najera (in), S. Francis (out)
    NUGGETS: J. Tinsley, J. Foster, S. Francis (in), A. Miller, E. Najera, K. Martin (out)

because at that point i don't see the knicks or nuggets wanting SJax

i really don't know if that is likely... we improve ppg and apg, get a more reliable pg and a "energy" guy in najera. denver gets rid of its biggest headcase (and because they just signed JR Smith, aren't adverse to accepting Tinsley/Francis baggage), the knicks get rid of Francis and get a dominant PF and a great energy/team guy in Najera...

PACERS LINEUP
    A Miller
    S Jackson / M Daniels
    D Granger / S Jackson
    A Harrington
    J O'Neal

KNICKS LINEUP ... who the hell knows?

NUGGETS LINEUP
    J Tinsley
    S Francis
    C Anthony
    Nene
    M Camby / J Foster

i don't know, just early morning speculation...

RashadzMcCantz

great deal

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

hi guys, thanks for the feedback

the salaries work actually (in realgm anyway)

but a lot of things have changed since i posted the original trade proposal. for one, it looks like we're not getting harrington after all, so that means trading foster is a no-no without another big man coming back (mo taylor doesn't count in my book). the other thing is, word out of new york is that dolan has put the clamps on isiah's spending. so it would seem that the knicks won't absorb kenyon's humongous contract now.

avoidingtheclown's version makes more sense from knicks' point of view, since they get rid of francis' contract, even though it does not quite make up for k-mart's

the good news is, we have a long summer ahead, so there's plenty of time to think up more trades

i love both trades... unfortunately this probably wouldnt happen