Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in Ghosts/Aliens?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Do you believe in Ghosts/Aliens?

And if you do, have you ever encountered any or seen a U.F.O.? Just wondering.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

Default Re: Do you believe in Ghosts/Aliens?

Never had an encounter with one. I'm far from convinced either exist, but I'd believe in aliens before I'd believe in ghosts. I've heard just enough from people I trust not to bull**** me (or they themselves to be idiots) to think it's possible something is going on on either front, but again I'm not going to sit here and tell you they're real, either.

Leisure Suit Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And if you do, have you ever encountered any or seen a U.F.O.? Just wondering.
    No, I'm 21 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Leisure Suit Larry View Post
    No, I'm 21 years old.
    With that comment I could have sworn you were 8 years old.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Do I believe in ghosts? Not exactly.

Do I believe in aliens? No.

Do I believe in UFOs? Absolutely.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

No
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Do I believe in ghosts? Not exactly.

Do I believe in aliens? No.

Do I believe in UFOs? Absolutely

Don't the Two go hand in hand?

I believe in all three. I think it's somewhat selfish to assume we are the only beings in the entire universe.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

I ran over an alien and his ghost has been haunting me ever since!!!

Damn thing.... Those greys are the worst. They think they own the road!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I ran over an alien and his ghost has been haunting me ever since!!!

Damn thing.... Those greys are the worst. They think they own the road!

-Bball
    Haha, greys.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Mood

The universe is infinite, there is no doubt in my mind there is more life out there. I believe there are other lifeforms much like humans out there.

I don't believe in ghost though

The Clippers pg is just one example of aliens living amongst us.

Ghosts - yes. Never encountered one but a couple of people I respect pretty well have very convincing stories - including a friend of mine who I saw with a handprint on his arm for two days when he said he could feel someone grabbing him. That was whacked - it wasn't just what you could see but if you ran your hand over his arm you could feel the indentations. Wierd. Though I guess we could get into the ghost/poltergeist, etc. discussion.

Aliens - yes, just not on this planet.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

No/No.

I think there are ghosts and aliens. I've never had an encounter with either though.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    Ghosts - yes. Never encountered one but a couple of people I respect pretty well have very convincing stories - including a friend of mine who I saw with a handprint on his arm for two days when he said he could feel someone grabbing him. That was whacked - it wasn't just what you could see but if you ran your hand over his arm you could feel the indentations. Wierd. Though I guess we could get into the ghost/poltergeist, etc. discussion.

Aliens - yes, just not on this planet.

Are you saying an entity grabbed him and you could still see/feel the handprint two days later or are you saying something grabbed him and held on for two days?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ghosts: Possibly.

Aliens: Yes, most definitely

UFO's: Yes, by the very definition, anything that isn't identified while flying in the air is a UFO.

Ghosts: Maybe

Aliens: Yes, whether or not they have visited us, I don't know, but I do believe they exist just by the very deifinition.

UFO's: yes by the definition, but that doesn't particularly mean they are from outer space.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have never beeived in UFO's, I beleive most of them are military planes that are being tested.

A ghost thread from a while back:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1808
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Ahh. Those stories were kind of scary/spooky.

Has anyone ever felt that quick breeze when alone? (No, it's not the AC )

I liked "Are You Afraid of the Dark" though. It was a great show.

Leisure Suit Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Well, this happened back in high school. I had just gotten my license maybe a couple of months beforehand. I was at a party out in the country. There was a keg, a pretty good fire going, and several other high schoolers there.

Some I knew and some I didn't. Since I lived in the largest town in the county it wasn't unusual for kids from other schools to make their way into town and end up at these get togethers. I had not had my license all that long so I wasn't too inclined to drink too much that night. That made me a bit of an outcast and the party was getting boring for me as people were drinking more and more.

Sitting in the dark was a pretty girl and she didn't seem to be having much fun herself. I made a couple of jokes and struck up a conversation. She was very pretty and we talked for a couple of hours. She said her friends had left her behind and that she couldn't find them. I was more than happy to offer her a ride even though I didn't even know where her home was.

She told me that she stayed with her grandmother. It turns out that was in a town of at least 45 minutes away. But she was pretty, we were teenagers, and she was going to be in my car. We took off at a little before midnight and headed toward her town. She directed me to the outskirts and near a sparsely populated housing addition which is where I assumed was where she lived.

She had me pull over short of any of the houses tho and we got out of the car and talked some more. The sky was very clear and just a bit chilly for October. You could see your breath in the night air. I was certainly enjoying her company and so didn't mind the chill. We took off walking, and thinking back I guess she was leading though I didn't know it at the time. We walked along a trail and got deeper into the woods. Admittedly, it was a little spooky in there but I figured that was in my favor. Farther back we went. That's when I heard a sound behind us. I turned to try and see what it was. I heard sticks breaking and something that might've been an owl altho I've heard owls since and none sounded exactly like that. I saw nothing and the sound ceased.

I turned back around and the girl was gone!

I thought she was playing games at first and I looked around where we had stopped. If she had gone far I should've heard brush shuffling and sticks cracking in this wooded area. I didn't see how she could've gotten around me to go back toward the car because I had turned to look behind us in the first place. I should've seen her.

I walked just a few more feet forward and saw the wooded area lead to a clearing. It was a cemetary. I was nearly certain that she was messing with me now... and it was working. It was pretty scary in that little old cemetary. But after about 20 minutes of searching I found no sign of her. I didn't want to leave there without her. I began to worry that the noise I'd heard and her disappearance were connected and this wasn't a game afterall. Still, that seemed pretty unlikely but so did anything else at this point. Being by myself now my bravery was starting to waver. Particularly as time passed and I saw no sign of this girl.

I made my way back down the path and to the road. No sign of her in my car. No sign of her walking along the road. I looked up and down the road at the few houses that were there and not a one of them had more than a nightlight on. No sign that anyone had just gotten back home.

At this point I decided I was going to have to tell someone what had happened. I drove into town and found the small police station there. There was only two policeman there and they listened to my story and looked at each other. I don't know what I expected them to do when I finished but I expected them to do something. "Aren't you going to make a report or send a car out there or something?"

One of them got serious "Son, about every fall some kid comes in here and plays this same tune. Did your friends put you up to it?"

I explained that a police station was the last place I wanted to be if I didn't have to be there.

"So you actually went walking with her, huh? I don't think anyone has ever added that to the story" one policeman said.

I told them both how we'd talked and hit it off over the course of the night.

"Let me guess, you didn't get a full name tho did you? Nobody ever gets a name" he said.

But I did get a name. I told him the name that she'd given me and I saw both officers turn white and simply stare at each other for several long seconds. One of them finally left the room and I heard him rummaging thru some files.

"What did I say?" I asked the remaining officer.

"That girl... You are sure you got the name right?"

"Yes..."

"She was killed in a hit and run 15 years ago in that same area. We never caught the person who did it. Her friends in the car survived but they all moved away. She's buried in that cemetary you saw. Her grandmother committed suicide soon after all this. She's buried there too. Poor old woman couldn't take the stress."

The other policeman returned holding a file and showed me a picture of the girl that they were talking about... it was her!

Needless to say, I never went back there or anywhere near there again.

-Bball
    lol, this guy has quite the imagination

redwillow

There are billions upon billions of stars up there. All it takes is the right set of circumstances for life to develop. In my IU Astronomy class we did an exercise to illustrate the chance of life generating circumstances on a planet. While the circumstances are very rare when you multiply them by the amount of stars it becomes much more likely. Remember we trying to find life in our very own solar system, whether it be ancient life or things that are living today. Mars and Europa both could have had, (or could still have), life on them.

When I was in highschool I was driving late at night in the country with a friend of mine. Suddenly this bright light shot up from the ground from behind a large grove of trees. At first it looked like a giant white firework had been lit. But the more I looked at it I realized that the firework was not moving or burning out. It looked like 50 white lights all the shape of a circle. Then as quickly as it had appeared it shot into the sky at an unblievable speed. I know it wasn't my imagination because my buddy saw it to. I don't know if it was aliens but it was definetly a UFO.

Leisure Suit Larry

lol you guys, turn off the sci-fi channel and start living in the real world.

I dunno, I have always been staunchly against ghosts or apparitions or that sort of thing, but I have had some odd experiences at night before. Whether they were my mind playing tricks on me or not I can't say. I can say that there have been times when I am fairly convinced I am not alone. Also I am fairly level headed person so I just dont jump at every ghostly thing.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

redwillow

Quote Originally Posted by Leisure Suit Larry View Post
    lol you guys, turn off the sci-fi channel and start living in the real world.
    I don't think an Indiana University class counts as being part of the Sci-fi channel. Why don't you learn a little more about the galaxy and then try again.