Thread: listing active links

redwillow

Default listing active links

I'm having trouble getting my links to work. Most likely because I'm simply doing it wrong. Could someone explain to me how I do it please, or tell where to look in FAQ's.

Mood

Default Re: listing active links

You mean making a link in your post?

Just paste or type out the exact address, and when you post the message, it will automatically format itself to be a click-able link.

redwillow

Thank you for your prompt respose. I will try just typing it out. I think I was making it more difficult then it was. How can I paste links from my address bar? I can never get them to highlight.

Mood

Click inside your address bar. Then hold down the "CTRL" key and hit A. That will select the whole address. While still holding down "CTRL", hit C. That will copy the address.

Now let go of CTRL.

Now click where you want the address/link to go in your post, and then hold CTRL again and this time hit V. That will paste it right where you want it to be.

That should be it.

redwillow

I was unable to get the address bar to highlight using that method. Though I was able to use that method on most other things. I just discovered that I do not need to highlight my address bar. If I just click on it and hit copy, it automaticly copies the entire link and then I am able to paste it.

Mood

Whatever works.