Thread: AD?

Default AD?

Hey just wondering on people's thoughts on signing Antonio Davis? I know that the idea has been bounced around here before. I'm not sure what his situation is - if he's retiring or intends to keep playing, but I think he'd certainly help to solidify our frontcourt.

Yes he's what, 38, but I think he could give us about 2 more years of service. If the idea is to improve team chemistry he'd be a good addition in that Al used to live with him when he was a rookie (this all depends of course on whether we get Al). He'd be able to teach Harrison a few things, including body positioning and how to play aggressively and use your size without fouling. He'd also of course be able to provide (I think) a good 20 mins a night of tough D and rebounding

We need an enforcer type player and as much as I like the possiblities with Harrison, he's not quite there yet. I still want to see Harrison get a lot of minutes this year, but if he's having an off day, AD would be perfect to bring in.

What do you guys think? I'm sure he could be had for the bi-annual exception. Is he a free agent, or was he simply waived by the Knicks?

Default Re: AD?

If he would be willing to come here, how could anyone NOT want to sign him? Definitely a great chemistry guy and a good teacher. Could totally provide great back-up at the 4 or 5 as the third string guy. But would he want to get into this situation after seeing how bad the locker room has been? And does he still think he should be the primary back-up? (which it is a toss-up if he would be here or not... or even if we would want him to be?)

Quote Originally Posted by themachotaco
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how could anyone NOT want to sign him?

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

His chemistry is X'd out by his wife.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

How much are we talking here?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'd love to have him or Pollard as our 3rd center. I haven't seen any mention of him by other teams, though, so I imagine he's either retired or will wait to join a contender around the trade deadline.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Sports Logo

Assuming that Harrington comes here......where would we fit any other Big Man?

We already have:

JONeal / Harrington / Foster / Harrison as the 1st 4 Big Men.

Anybody else that we sign....would be competing for minutes with Baston.

If AD, Pollard or anyone else that you guys would want to be signed...were to come to Pacer land....he has to be a cheapie Center.

I would take AD, Pollard, Kelvin Cato or ( even ) the KandiMan....whichever can be had for the cheapest price. As a 5th to 6th Big Man off the bench.....they are good enough.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would love to see him back. If the circumstances are right, it would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    We already have:

JONeal / Harrington / Foster / Harrison as the 1st 4 Big Men.
    Really, only two of those guys are centers and none of them are tough-as-nails, dirty work guys. Foster is an awesome rebounder, but he's not a bruiser. Harrison could be that, but he's not there yet and like I mentioned AD could help him with that.

I like Pollard but for what ever reason, Carlisle doesn't seem to want to play him. He could be that guy for us, but he needs to get on the court.

I'm thinking about AD not just because he can provide a bit of toughness (which this team sorely needs), but also could provide another boost to chemistry.

I'd hire AD just for the effect it might have on David Harrison.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was all for bringing back AD a year or so ago, but he really has no game left. I'll be surprised if he doesn't retire.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    I'd love to have him or Pollard as our 3rd center.
    Together they might be healthy enough for a 3rd center.