Thread: Short Rambling by Geezer

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Short Rambling by Geezer

************* I LIKE Al Harrington***********
    I do not want him back unless JO is on the block.
    I do not want JO playing the 5 because I have ZERO faith that RC is going to go to an up tempo game and if JO plays a traditional 5, then he gets beat up, breaks down, and misses a third of the season only to return in time to be out of shape for the PO's. And yes, With Al we make the PO's but that is about it.

IMO, JO to the 5 means Jeff is on the table which I think needs to be done anyway. I like Jeff's hustle but his back is pulling a Pollard and it is time to cut bait while he still has some trade value.

I'm hugely disappointed in DH. I had predicted that he'd be our starting 5 by last Christmas...how wrong I was. I'm ready to unload him too. His Jacksonian attitude toward the refs and his unwillingness to alter that attitude (to help the team) makes him expendable.

Scott Polaard is probably gone and in one sense that is a huge shame. The guy was a leader from the bench. He may not have played well and he may have been hurt 90% of the time, but he was the cheerleader on the bench and could play an Armstrong like veteran leadership role currently being vacated by Croshere's trade. (No more than vet min for him tho)

Do TPTB actually not hear the crowd or have they some grand scheme that I cannot see? Again, IMO, until they either get rid of Jackson or Jackson shows a 180 degree turnabout in his in-game actions, the crowd will continue to boo and will continue to dwindle. You can make up any excuse you want for Jackson's (and Tinsley's for that matter) lack of acceptence by the citizens of Indy but the fact remains...play hard and REPRESENT WITH DIGNITY and this city will love you...don't and the whole organization will suffer.

Again this year we seem to be hanging alot of hope on turnarounds by Tinsley and Jackson. Tinsley in health, heart, and brains. That is expecting alot of change in one person in one summers time...and then there is the need for a change Jackson's attitude. That's an awful lot to pray for.

Thankfully there is a long time between now and camp and anything CAN happen.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Default Re: Short Rambling by Geezer

I might also add that I think the loss of Lindsay is a huge mistake on somebody's part.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Geezer, I'd like to disagree with ya...but I can't.

You succinctly covered my thoughts almost to a T.

I think you're spot on about JO playing the 5 and what would most likely happen.

I think Al coming here puts him in the same position he was when he left, unless JO plays the 5, which, well, see above. Like you, I predicted DH would be starting C by X-mas. I am seriously worried about just how intelligent he is. I don't see him getting smarter. He's was the same player at the end of the season that he was at the beginning.

This is the line I agree with the most:

Again this year we seem to be hanging alot of hope on turnarounds by Tinsley and Jackson. Tinsley in health, heart, and brains. That is expecting alot of change in one person in one summers time...and then there is the need for a change Jackson's attitude. That's an awful lot to pray for.
    I'm really torn at this point. Against a lot of odds, we managed to pick up some of my personal favorite players who I've expressed a desire in the past for them to be Pacers (Marquis, Maceo & Darrell). I'm optimistic about White.

But then there's the obvious. We STILL have the core that led the knucklehead brigade.

I don't see how we can Tinsey and/or Jackson short of taking on someone else's problem, and that ain't gonna happen. I can't even say I have guarded optimism about the season. Same coach. Same Tinsley/Jackson/Jermaine led team.

In a way, what's really changed?

Yeah, we got a ton of new players, but no new starters and that's where real change begins. I'm holding out hope that there will be one BIG trade to start the season in which we lose Tinsley/Jackson, but I can't imagine what it could be.

I'll give TPTB credit. I truly feel a sense of urgency with them and that's pretty rare.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Geezer, I'd like to disagree with ya...but I can't.

You succinctly covered my thoughts almost to a T.

I think you're spot on about JO playing the 5 and what would most likely happen.

I think Al coming here puts him in the same position he was when he left, unless JO plays the 5, which, well, see above. Like you, I predicted DH would be starting C by X-mas. I am seriously worried about just how intelligent he is. I don't see him getting smarter. He's was the same player at the end of the season that he was at the beginning.

This is the line I agree with the most:

I'm really torn at this point. Against a lot of odds, we managed to pick up some of my personal favorite players who I've expressed a desire in the past for them to be Pacers (Marquis, Maceo & Darrell). I'm optimistic about White.

But then there's the obvious. We STILL have the core that led the knucklehead brigade.

I don't see how we can Tinsey and/or Jackson short of taking on someone else's problem, and that ain't gonna happen. I can't even say I have guarded optimism about the season. Same coach. Same Tinsley/Jackson/Jermaine led team.

In a way, what's really changed?

Yeah, we got a ton of new players, but no new starters and that's where real change begins. I'm holding out hope that there will be one BIG trade to start the season in which we lose Tinsley/Jackson, but I can't imagine what it could be.

I'll give TPTB credit. I truly feel a sense of urgency with them and that's pretty rare.

I wish I'd said that. One huge problem I see, RC is a micromanager...he HAS to be in control, it's his nature. Therefore the up-tempo game will last until we lose a couple of games and then the grand experiment will disappear and only resurface when TPTB have warned him... and I see that as a repeating cycle throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish I'd said that. One huge problem I see, RC is a micromanager...he HAS to be in control, it's his nature. Therefore the up-tempo game will last until we lose a couple of games and then the grand experiment will disappear and only resurface when TPTB have warned him... and I see that as a repeating cycle throughout the season.
    Well, just look at the beginning of last year. There was a lot of talk of speeding up the offense, and Rick did loosen the reigns noticably. And what happened? The team started playing very sloppy, wouldn't even think about getting back on D on a good day. We ended up giving up over 100 in 4 of our first 7 games, culminating with the blowout against Charlotte. And Rick snapped. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he felt he'd given the players a privilege, and they abused it by not playing with any discipline. We immediately went back to games in the 80's and 70's.

Looking at this schedule, something's got to give. With the direction the TPTB are pointed in, it's getting to the point I'll be surprised if Rick is still our coach by the next forum party.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Well I must admit I am not a RC fan, but appreciate his skil-level, he is a good coach without a doubt and despite what everybody says, I think he can produce a faster playing style, however he will likely be at his board right now designing all these little variations on f.i. the Princeton we used when the "core" was out (excl. Tins) and in the end still be micromanging the offense, "P" his pg's off and we will still be in a mess.

Anybody that didn't like our offense with JO and Jax out last year ? didn't think so, or this year with JO out ? (Tins playing) didn't think so.

Whether it's a long shot Tins stays healthy or not, is not the discussion here, but one thing is for sure, let him run the offense more freeflowing and we will see an immediate speedup of the offense.

I seem to have masochistic tendencies as i lately watched the last game we lost against Atl, (ok i wanted to see Al) and I notcied a few things:

With Tins, JO and Peja in we easily got ahead, with Tins out they got back, with Tins, Peja and JO out they got ahead.

Few plays were called during the times Tins played, most was uptempo distro and a few fastbreaks, with passes over the length of the court.

Was Peja to expensive, perhaps, but I am sure that a lot of fans will be on the lookout for another Reggie, which is not going to happen, you can not replace the most pure shooter this league has seen in ages, not that easy.

What I think they are doing is looking hard at players they now aquired to see if any of them can fit that role in the (near) future, if not then we move on to the next batch.

I personally fail to see the urgency of adding Al, in fact I see no need for him at all, except for chemistry reasons, but I think even that is overrated.

I am sure there is a plan B and I am also sure that plan B is likely to be more for the good of the team then Al.
    Let's hope we get to find out what it is.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!