Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacers the early pick to implode on Real Gm

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers the early pick to implode on Real Gm

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtop...er=asc&start=0

I think most of it has to do with our recent history. However imo the main source of that is gone.

Default Re: Pacers the early pick to implode on Real Gm

It's less likely this year than it has been since Feb. 2002.

RealGM?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

How can Chicago not be an early favorite here? Am I the only one who doesn't love that team? How are they magically supposed to get better? They improved in areas they were already good at. Did post offense magically appear out of nowhere? Did they add any signifcant scoring? I loved their team (+ the upcoming cap space) more last year than I do this year.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I'm not bitter or anything, but this isn't what will happen. The implosion is always a SURPRISE.

Last year's Pacers were the great team that fell apart (back to back seasons). This version is not considered a top 4 team, which means to me that you need to look at Detroit, Miami, Cleveland and Chicago for letdowns instead, perhaps NJ as well. Chicago is a prime candidate IMO, though Detroit is one that seems okay now but lost a big piece and was already getting uptight with Flip last year. Throw in any of the main 5 guys getting hurt for 20-30 games and this team has trouble.

One of those teams is likely to falter just because that's how it goes in the NBA. The Pacers look to be a 45-49 win team and that doesn't sound like "implosion" to me if they fall off that to only 39-40 wins.

Plus, when was the last time Rick went under .500 as a HC? Now when was the last time he had a team that wasn't supposed to compete but did anyway?

My point is that .500 is RC's version of failure or implosion. The guy has yet to meet a 35 win season even when he had some talent or roster issues that suggested he should (01-02 Pistons, 04-05 Pacers).

Honestly? My bet's on Detroit.

Probably wishful thinking, but Ben was important to that team.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Naptown you are an excellent poster. Glad to have you here. Early ROY candidate.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, I'm sure that devastates the team. They probably have lost all hope.

RealGM has designated them, "Most likely to collapse." If they're anything like me, after I got voted, "Most likely to Fail" by my senior class, they'll surely go home, cry, and then realize that it means absolutely nothing and get on with life.

(PS: I didn't get "most likely to fail" - I got "Most likely to become unhealthily wealthy by using his superior intellect to pwn the world")

BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Naptown you are an excellent poster. Glad to have you here. Early ROY candidate.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Absolutely.
    Yes, I like this Seth much better. He's a great poster.

But another good ROY candidate - JayRedd. The guy is flat-out a good read, my favorite poster right now.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Thanks guys. I do post a lot of content and I get that people like to skip big reads. I try to break it up with spacing of course, but still...

I've been worried that some PD only people assumed I was the same poster just back again to be a . It's a PitA to figure out who is who by username, especially going between here and RATS.

I like JayRedd's posts so far but I didn't realize he was new. WTF do I know, everyone's an old-timer, good-poster to me at this point. Give me 6 months so I can start to a couple of posters.

Anyway, I really do like the moderated interaction here, as well as the knowledge. Plus threads are kept so you can go back and look at old debates later, which hopefully keeps people more in check on their rants.

Plus pix help give people more identity and character. Makes it more friendly I think.

BTW, my earlier post now ensures the Pacers of a 25 win season, RCs firing and other general agony. No way I get to be right about something like that, it never goes that way for me. Or did I just undo that with this comment?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't wait for this poll to actually come true...

I'm glad that the summer is just slow enough to produce such a useless poll. Shouldn't they get something like, "How many games will the US lose this time around?" I'm sure there are more important things to poll than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Honestly? My bet's on Detroit.

Probably wishful thinking, but Ben was important to that team.
    I would have thought Detroit would be number 1... oh well.
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

Jay Ohh

It's because we lost Eddie Gill.

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well crap - since RealGM posters said it - it must be true. I guess I might as well write off the season already!
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by fwpacerfan
    Well crap - since RealGM posters said it - it must be true. I guess I might as well write off the season already!

Yaah...phew, they just saved me a buncha $$$$$$ not buying tix this year. Hey, now maybe I can afford those Toby Keith concert tix.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Naptown Seth, word of warning, don't let yourself be an early imploder by posting fallacious rumors. TPDTB doesn't look kindly on that sort of nonsense.

Any team with Ronnie should be the de facto winner of this award every year.

Sorry Sacto, it's your turn now.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    How can Chicago not be an early favorite here? Am I the only one who doesn't love that team? How are they magically supposed to get better? They improved in areas they were already good at. Did post offense magically appear out of nowhere? Did they add any signifcant scoring? I loved their team (+ the upcoming cap space) more last year than I do this year.
    i would say ben wallace is an improvement over tyson chandler.

i think at the very least they have a more balanced season than the last two years. they had CRAP beginnings and had to fight their way into the playoffs. i think this year is more consistant. not a title.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns
    i would say ben wallace is an improvement over tyson chandler.

i think at the very least they have a more balanced season than the last two years. they had CRAP beginnings and had to fight their way into the playoffs. i think this year is more consistant. not a title.
    I can just see the holes in their team, though, and this year they will be expected to be contenders. If they fall short, which I think is possible, I think the walls may come a tumbling down.

I'd pick New York, but I guess they'd have to be together before they could fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere
    Naptown Seth, word of warning, don't let yourself be an early imploder by posting fallacious rumors. TPDTB doesn't look kindly on that sort of nonsense.
    If you mean the AJ thing, I didn't post that rumor at all. I only modified what was originally posted in order to come up with a variation that made more sense.

Since then with the Hawks strongly refusing to take on player contracts even the original version looks very false (which was my original reaction to it). Personally I do not post rumors nor scavenge them from other sites.

But maybe this isn't what you were talking about.

We don't count - we've been imploding for five years - and we aren't done yet. This summer's implosion was Larry Brown being fired. Next summer's is Isiah being fired. The following summer is when a crowd of enraged Knick fans storm Madison Square Garden and occupy it, refusing to leave until Dolan sells the team.

I dunno if I'd call it an implosion but if I'm a Pacer fan the PG situation terrifies me. That said, RealGM posters aren't renowned for their basketball smarts.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth
    If you mean the AJ thing, I didn't post that rumor at all. I only modified what was originally posted in order to come up with a variation that made more sense.

Since then with the Hawks strongly refusing to take on player contracts even the original version looks very false (which was my original reaction to it). Personally I do not post rumors nor scavenge them from other sites.

But maybe this isn't what you were talking about.
    Not sure but I think maybe he was joking and referred to you in regards to holding this board together? Maybe? And that without your stability we might implode? Maybe?

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Naptown was one of the good posters over at IndyStar before I pretty much stopped going over there. A screwball named "foretaz" is pretty much the reason most people leave IndyStar these days. Pray he never shows up over here.