Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article on D.A. & some interesting quotes from DW: Pacers almost traded Saras

Default Re: Article on D. Armstrong out of Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is Songaila?

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Jay Ohh

Default Re: Article on D.A. & some interesting quotes from DW: Pacers almost traded Saras

I'm glad we're getting someone who actually brings energy. Armstrong was probably the best guy to fill that void. One of the biggest problems last year was guys just go through the motions, without actually giving any effort at all. He was a good pickup for that. He won't take any of that ****.

It's just too bad we had to get rid of AJ instead of a certain Euro Star turned towel boy.

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    I think you answered your own question. As for why the hell Schenscher is still there you'll have to ask Pax.
    Token 7ft red haired aussie?

streets ahead

Default Re: Article on D.A. & some interesting quotes from DW: Pacers almost traded Saras

you can't blame paxon for trying to find the next luc longley or todd mccullogh... talent so spectacular like that comes along maybe once in a lifetime.............

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman
    No insider info, I just get a hunch that this is a heavy possibility.

And I also want it to happen as well. I don't think there has been any single person other than Larry Brown that has meant more to this franchise and I think he would be a good candidate to take over.
    I am the opposite, I think it would be a big mistake. JO is young, but he has the years in now. Brown is not exactly an open offense guy and is going to come off as more difficult to deal with than RC's cool demeanor, Brown will be an a'hole to guys with no remorse about it.

We can say dump them then or whatever, but not when its a coach that might be gone in a year or two. I'd dump guys that don't support Rick because I think Rick would stay (same with any other reliable coach).

And as I mentioned, remember Brown's final 2 years, especially the last one. He had a young player to mold, especially as a PG (which the player wanted). Instead Jalen Rose got a ton of DNP's thanks to Larry, who buried him in doghouse far worse than Rick gave to Tinsley his first year.

Brown is way too fickle about his players.

But back to the vibe of him coming back, my stomach sank when I read the "sit a year and they'll line up" thing. I hate it, you like it, and we both got the same impression...

Wasn't this really Isiah's original idea Bball? As I recall it, he wanted to have long interchangable players.
    No. This has been brought up a lot this offseason, and it does sound sorta the same, but Isiah wanted "just 5 guys", meaning he didn't want ROLES. The Pacers want players that can slip into different roles as needed.

For this group I think it stems from 2 years of piecing together lineups out of players that weren't so good at doing more than 1 thing. But I don't think they want just 5 interchangeables out there.

The athletic thing is more about where on the court they want to play, in this case closer to the rim with lots of movement toward the goal without the ball, as well as solid transition and perimeter defense that can actually slow the game down by denying opponents easy scores.

I think the Pacers found themselves chasing teams a lot because of these quick scores, turning it into a scoring game albeit a sloppy, ugly version since their offense wasn't cohesive all year.

At least that's my read of it now. Camp will show us more of course.

Wiz - lost no one of signifigance, added OP, Songaila, Blatche will improve signifigantly, and will re sign JJ.
    You guys will be lucky to get a 2nd round pick out of this. I love Caron and Gil and I'm even pretty high on Blatche but this can't be a good sign...you pretty much just lost the only guy who plays perimeter D on your team.

"Washington Post - The Washington Wizards are expected to receive a copy of the offer sheet that restricted free agent Jared Jeffries signed with the Knicks on Friday, and will have until next Monday to match if they want to retain the forward's services. Jeffries representatives, however, are pleading that the Wizards let their client go.

"We signed the offer sheet with the intention of playing with the New York Knicks ," Miller said. "We hope that the Wizards respect Jared's wishes and allow him to move on with his career."

According to sources, the New York offer contains a couple of provisions that could make it more difficult for the Wizards to match, including an up-front payout of $6.5 million and a hefty trade kicker if Jeffries is traded.

Wizards owner Abe Pollin, President of Basketball Operations Ernie Grunfeld and Coach Eddie Jordan have all indicated a desire to retain Jeffries.

According to the Washington Post, the Wizards have room under the league's luxury tax threshold ($65.4 million) to match the Knicks' offer."
    http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv..._not_to_match/

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I think you might see Larry Brown as our coach next year.
    That would make me sick, really. Btw I don't think that will happen, because Larry Brown likes to go with a lot of veterans and I think our team just got a lot younger and has a lot players that can play up-tempo, another thing Brown is not very kean on.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    You guys will be lucky to get a 2nd round pick out of this. I love Caron and Gil and I'm even pretty high on Blatche but this can't be a good sign...you pretty much just lost the only guy who plays perimeter D on your team.

"Washington Post - The Washington Wizards are expected to receive a copy of the offer sheet that restricted free agent Jared Jeffries signed with the Knicks on Friday, and will have until next Monday to match if they want to retain the forward's services. Jeffries representatives, however, are pleading that the Wizards let their client go.

"We signed the offer sheet with the intention of playing with the New York Knicks ," Miller said. "We hope that the Wizards respect Jared's wishes and allow him to move on with his career."

According to sources, the New York offer contains a couple of provisions that could make it more difficult for the Wizards to match, including an up-front payout of $6.5 million and a hefty trade kicker if Jeffries is traded.

Wizards owner Abe Pollin, President of Basketball Operations Ernie Grunfeld and Coach Eddie Jordan have all indicated a desire to retain Jeffries.

According to the Washington Post, the Wizards have room under the league's luxury tax threshold ($65.4 million) to match the Knicks' offer."
    http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv..._not_to_match/
    We will resign him or do a S&T and hopefully get Channing Frye and more.

But i don't want that to happen.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you.
    I wanyt much more obviously, and I wouldnt be against adding Haywood to receive even more than that.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Can you even do a S&T after an offer sheet has been signed? I'm not so sure.

And besides, why would NY do that? They have the $ to pay JJ, and don't care about adding to their payroll, so why do the Wiz any favors by doing a S&T?
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I used to think you were kinda funny, now I feel kinda sorry for ya.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Mood

OK guys I get it - if we lose JJ we're screwed and they won't do a S&T.

STARBURY

08 and Beyond

OK guys I get it - if we lose JJ we're screwed and they won't do a S&T.

Even if they would, you're not going to get anything near Channing Frye.

Hell, I wouldn't trade you Frye for Jeffries even if he was under contract and I couldn't possibly get him any other way. Hell, I wouldn't trade Frye for Jefferies if you added a 1st round pick. Let alone adding more to Frye to accomodate you. Are you serious? You can't be. You HAVE to be acting sarcastically. That's the only explanation for such ridiculous thinking.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46
    Even if they would, you're not going to get anything near Channing Frye.

Hell, I wouldn't trade you Frye for Jeffries even if he was under contract and I couldn't possibly get him any other way. Hell, I wouldn't trade Frye for Jefferies if you added a 1st round pick. Let alone adding more to Frye to accomodate you. Are you serious? You can't be. You HAVE to be acting sarcastically. That's the only explanation for such ridiculous thinking.
    2 things here - its the Knicks - don't think rationally about their decisions.

and they REALLY want him.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

2 things here - its the Knicks - don't think rationally about their decisions.

and they REALLY want him.
    They blatantly said they weren't trading Frye, for Artest. Yet, you think they'd do it for Jefferies?

Mood

Zeke has ONE YEAR to win.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

And if he thinks Jared is the answer, he's dumber than I ever could have imagined.

Mood

Frye is a project IMO - one that will take longer than the ONE YEAR he has.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Robertmto has dug his hole now he's covering himself up.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

"We signed the offer sheet with the intention of playing with the New York Knicks ," Andy Miller said. "We hope that the Wizards respect Jared's wishes and allow him to move on with his career."
    The Wizards are either going to have to over pay for Jeffries. or just let him walk.

Why Not Us ?

Mood

PLEASE overpay!!!
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How did this thread get turned into a thread about Jared Jefferies?

Jay Ohh

OOOOOOH SWEET JESUS

Please tell me you did not just say that Jared Jeffries would land Channing Frye. lmao