Thread: Ridiculous Blockbuster that completely shakes up Pacer lineup

Hybrid View

streets ahead

Default Ridiculous Blockbuster that completely shakes up Pacer lineup

okay... this premise initially began by me looking at ways to get rid of tinsley and jackson and trying to acquire kevin garnett. well i came up with a few scenarios... out of those, the most intriguing was a three way: MIN / HOU / IND (approved by ESPN, RealGM)

T-WOLVES received Juwan Howard, Dikembe Mutombo and Jamaal Tinsley (MIN is in need of bigs especially after losing KG and with JT they can move Marco Jaric to SG)

ROCKETS received Stephen Jackson, Jeff Foster (HOU needs a swing-man, third option like Jack and a back-up center)

PACERS received Kevin Garnett and Ryan Bowen
    (KG would give us a great defensive presence also giving us speed Foster didn't have and a great 1-2 punch with JO, Bowen can give us another big back-up enforcer like a more defensive Austin Croshere)

i don't think its all that likely, especially since Minnesota is saying they won't trade KG.

but, to quote the obnoxious screamin' a smith... HOW-EVA

i put together an even more ridiculous deal that i think would be great, but would never happen. what does everybody think of this gem stats courtest of RealGM:

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Jermaine O'Neal
    6-11 PF from Eau Claire (HS)
    20.1 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.6 apg in 35.3 minutes

Stephen Jackson

6-8 SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
    16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes

Jamaal Tinsley

6-3 PG from Iowa State
    9.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.0 apg in 26.7 minutes

Jeff Foster

6-11 C from Southwest Texas State
    5.9 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.1 minutes

Incoming

Kevin Garnett

6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
    21.8 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 4.0 apg in 39.0 minutes

Shawn Marion

6-7 SF from UNLV
    21.8 ppg, 11.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 40.4 minutes

Pat Burke

6-11 C from Auburn
    3.4 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 8.3 minutes

Change in team outlook: -4.7 ppg, +0.7 rpg, and -5.0 apg.

Minnesota Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Kevin Garnett

6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
    21.8 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 4.0 apg in 39.0 minutes

Troy Hudson

6-1 PG from Southern Illinois
    9.5 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 22.1 minutes

Eddie Griffin

6-10 PF from Seton Hall
    4.6 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 0.6 apg in 19.4 minutes

Incoming

Jermaine O'Neal

6-11 PF from Eau Claire (HS)
    20.1 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.6 apg in 35.3 minutes

Jamaal Tinsley

6-3 PG from Iowa State
    9.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.0 apg in 26.7 minutes

Kurt Thomas

6-9 PF from Texas Christian
    8.6 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 26.6 minutes

Change in team outlook: +2.1 ppg, +0.8 rpg, and +1.2 apg.

Phoenix Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Shawn Marion

6-7 SF from UNLV
    21.8 ppg, 11.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 40.4 minutes

Kurt Thomas

6-9 PF from Texas Christian
    8.6 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 26.6 minutes

Pat Burke

6-11 C from Auburn
    3.4 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 8.3 minutes

Incoming

Stephen Jackson

6-8 SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
    16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes

Jeff Foster

6-11 C from Southwest Texas State
    5.9 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.1 minutes

Troy Hudson

6-1 PG from Southern Illinois
    9.5 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 22.1 minutes

Eddie Griffin

6-10 PF from Seton Hall
    4.6 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 0.6 apg in 19.4 minutes

Change in team outlook: +2.6 ppg, -1.5 rpg, and +3.8 apg.

to explain...

INDIANA:
    Indiana needs an attitude adjustment first of all, and we'd get that in Garnett and Marion (if KG didn't have a good attitude, no way he'd still be in MIN, and SM has become #3 essentially in the Suns with Amare coming back). Along with two players that average double figures in points and rebounds, they get two great and long-armed defenders (Marion in many respects is the only Suns defense). Both would fit into the faster-paced offense. Burke is another big, decent European numbers and upgrade for Scot Pollard (except in the hair department). Potential starting line-up: PG Jasikeviscius, SG Daniels, SF Granger, PF Marion, C Garnett

PHOENIX: They need bigs to compete with teams like Dallas and defensive ability. Foster gives them a center which can be a defensive presence and not have to sacrifice offense. Madson gives them more depth at that position upgrade over burke. And Jack gives them an option off the bench like a Tim Thomas or Q. Richardson. Not the #1 or #2, Jackson can give them a few points off the bench and maybe he'll play defense. Another bonus, this time Raja Bell doesn't have to get suspended if the Suns need to clothesline Kobe...we all saw Jack in the Auburn Hills stands. Hudson is an upgrade for backup PG. Potential starting line-up: PG Nash, SG Bell, SF Diaw, PF Stoudemire, C Foster

MINNESOTA: Firstly, they repay KG's dedication to the team by trading him to a better situation. Secondly, they get JO as a replacement. If JO can stay healthy, he's a bit of an upgrade because he's younger. Having JO, Mike James and Ricky Davis as your 1,2,3 scoring options isn't bad. And in JT they have a more than capable backup pointguard (if healthy) and if they decide to play James as SG JT is a solid starter. Potential starting line-up: PG James/Tinsley, SG Jaric/James, SF Davis, PF O'Neal, C Blount

do i really expect this to happen, no chance. do i think it would improve the pacers? yes. title contention? maybe not but the culture and attitude and defense of the team would be significantly improved and thats without considering the al harrington deal. i think the suns would be ridiculous to trade marion being so close to a championship. i still think if the right trade came around KG could move, he certainly hasn't gotten a lot of help from management.

anyway, i realize there are flaws in this trade, but i just wanted to see how it might have worked out.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ridiculous Blockbuster that completely shakes up Pacer lineup

Holy ****...

Garnett for Juwan Howard, Dikembe Mutombo, and Jamaal Tinsley. Wow. You have to be kidding right?

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac@Section216
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Holy ****...

Garnett for Juwan Howard, Dikembe Mutombo, and Jamaal Tinsley. Wow. You have to be kidding right?
    yes...hypothetically draft picks would be involved, but my friend and i were just trying to figure out how garnett could ever get to pacers.

that being said, the wolves to need to build up again from the bottom, they've had two bad years with KG taking up 90% of their payroll. i don't know if garnett is who they should build around. KG hasn't really complained about his situation but he's done enough for Minnesota over the years. he deserves the chance to play for a contender. the one great thing about the miller era was that even when there were bad years, there was always that glimmer of hope, thats been gone for two seasons in MIN. great player but it didn't work. they missed the shot. same goes for A.I. in philly. i'm not really suggesting that would be acceptable but it is still in the spectrum of the possible (given that it does technically fill every team's needs) but on the 0-10 (ten being 'done deal') scale of possibility this ranks in at 0.02

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The only way we could get Garnett is if we gave them Jermaine/Granger and Daniels.

Rockets

I'd do it just cause we'll get rid of Ryan Bowen. I just disagree with the reasoning.