Thread: Magloire traded to Portland

Jay Ohh

Default Magloire traded to Portland

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...ach_agreement/

Journal Times - The Bucks have verbally agreed to deal the veteran center to the Portland Trail Blazers for guard Steve Blake, forward Brian Skinner and center Ha Seung-Jin, according to Gery Woelfel of the Journal Times.

The deal won't be announced until all players pass physicals and the trade is officially approved by the league offices.

The trade has been discussed for several weeks because Portland was reluctant to give up Blake, who started 57 games for them last season, his first in Portland.

This bad news has been brought to you by Jay Ohh.

Default Re: Magloire traded to Portland

link?

I'm glad we didn't get him, having him and Al would have meant no minutes for David.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Ridiculous.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good

So, Portland has LaFrentz, Przy, Magloire, Randolph, and Aldridge up front. And we have JO, Al (hypothetically), Jeff, Hulk, and Baston. Oh and Edwards (again, hypothetically.)

Who was saying we'd have the best front line in the league again?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, Portland has LaFrentz, Przy, Magloire, Randolph, and Aldridge up front. And we have JO, Al (hypothetically), Jeff, Hulk, and Baston. Oh and Edwards (again, hypothetically.)

I would rather have our froncourt by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy

I dunno about in the league, but Portland doesn't even come close to us. They have two good defensive centers, but JO could still own that group singlehandedly.

And does SF not count as part of the frontline/frountcourt?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo

Portland has to trade Randolph.......LaFrentz, and aren't going anywhere soon.

With a PF/C ortation of Magliore/Pryz and ( I guess ) LaFrentz as a backup PF/C....Aldridge won't get any minutes. He maybe a rookie...but as a #2 pick....he should be good enough for 15-20 minutes a game.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Wow Portland may just mess around and actually construct a decent team

The market is really down this year for big men, apparently.

Why Not Us ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Portland wins 30 - 35 this year.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm glad Atlanta didn't get him. I want them to suffer for making us wait on the Al deal so long.

:finger:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    I'm glad Atlanta didn't get him. I want them to suffer for making us wait on the Al deal so long.

And he stays out of the East for that matter, which is beneficial for several reasons. The more bigs out West the better

Why Not Us ?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow.

Why would portland do this? now they have three centers making MLE+ money.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

woman without a team

I hate to break it to you, Shade. I'm Billy's spy on here any every time you get pissy about it he delays it another day.

edit:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I now know what I must do...

woman without a team

I now know what I must do...

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    I hate to break it to you, Shade. I'm Billy's spy on here any every time you get pissy about it he delays it another day.

edit:
    If somebody's bored, they should do a cross reference of those angry about the delay in getting Al during the summer, with those who said we should be patient with trading Ron during the season. Both groups are so large there has to be some overlapping there.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Like I said in the rumor thread about this deal, this just proves how little Jack would bring back.

Maybe you get Blake and Skinner and while some may like them, I wasn't that impressed with either of them. They would just fill out the already overstuffed bench with more mild impact guys.

I think that the Spurs should have got in on Maglorie. They probably could have gotten him fairly easily. Maglorie would be an upgrade big time over any of their bigs besides Tim Duncan of course.

I don't understand why Portland traded for JM. I would think that they need Blake since they traded Telfair. I also don't get why they want to have a bunch of bigs who will want playing time.

Sports Logo

I suspect that this Portland trade is more of a Salary cutting move for the 2007-2008 season as there is little chance that Magliore will resign with whatever team he is going to go to.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    I suspect that this Portland trade is more of a Salary cutting move for the 2007-2008 season as there is little chance that Magliore will resign with whatever team he is going to go to.
    Portland wants to get lower on its salary level next summer, absolutely. This will give them an expiring salary and I wouldn't be surprised if they were to trade Darius and something like a pick and an expiring somewhere this summer.

Anyone know more about Randolph and his situation?

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    Anyone know more about Randolph and his situation?
    He's an overweight lazy troublemaker.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac@Section216
    He's an overweight lazy troublemaker.
    It appears that he's working pretty hard this summer

http://fans.blazers.com/blogs/mike_barrett/

I'll start first with Zach. He is as fit as I have seen him, and his desire and self-awareness, is also extremely healthy. We were shooting video of Zach and interviewed him for a story we're putting together. One thing he kept telling me today is that he feels "brand new," and is very happy to be working pain free. He's also thinner and stronger than I have seen him. I took some photos of his workout session today and his weight session, and you can view those photos by clicking here.

You'll also see some photos in there of Zach's daughter, McKinley, who turns one on Friday. Zach took us back to his hotel after the workout and we got a chance to see him with McKinley. You've never seen a prouder father, and it was fun to see him follow her around, up and down the hallway at the hotel. These are moments I wish all Zach fans could witness. One thing that can't be argued is that Zach has a big heart and is a very good guy. He's the first to admit he hasn't always made the best choices in certain situations, but if you spend time around him you can't help but like him.

Blazers player development/assistant coach Bill Bayno put Zach through a very tough workout today on the campus of Georgia Tech University. They went through shooting drills, post-up moves (with the right hand, Zach's weak hand, almost exclusively), and ran some full court conditioning exercises. Bayno told me it was Zach who suggested he run the brutal end-to-end drills.

He told us several times, during his water breaks, that he couldn't do this kind of a workout last summer while he was recovering from knee surgery. He was basically stuck riding a bike and that was about it. Zach says he wasn't anywhere near full strength when the season began last year, and that the knee gave him trouble from time to time. It just wasn't strong enough. Now, with the help of strength coach Bobby Medina, who's also here in Atlanta, they are getting the knee "better than new." As I mentioned earlier, the rest of Zach's body is in phenominal shape. I'm sure you'll notice that looking at the pictures.

Bayno, who will continue to work with Zach for the rest of the week in Atlanta, told me his goal is to help Zach to a "career year." He says his post moves are so quick and strong at this point, and that his touch around the basket, as we all know, is something you just can't coach. Some complained last season that Zach ended up settling for the outside shot too often, and he agrees with that. Medina explained that today by saying Zach's knee was getting worn down in the post, where it took a beating. Randolph was also double-teammed all the time, and teams tried to attack him physically. Medina's goal is to get Zach strong enough to wage war in the paint this season, and not have to go outside as much.

Both Medina and Bayno told us several times how great it's been working with Zach, and how committed he is to getting himself in the best possible shape. Keep in mind, this is July. "We're not going to have any steps backwards this summer," promises Bayno. Both also said that Zach is carrying himself with the maturity of a veteran star, and truly appears ready to have a breakout season.