Thread: Contact lenses

Default Contact lenses

Question for those who wear them. When do I know to change the lens? They tell me once a month, but they still work fine. Does something happen to the lens or something? Thanks!
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default Re: Contact lenses

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question for those who wear them. When do I know to change the lens? They tell me once a month, but they still work fine. Does something happen to the lens or something? Thanks!
    I myself don't wear it but have been thinking of gettin' 'em sometime and done some minor research among my friends who wear 'em.
    Well my best friend uses the same very contacts that are good for a month for up to 90 days...and in most cases it doesn't really do much.
    but there has been instances when the lens just cracked while it was in his eye *luckily it was a minor incident* or they just dry up...etc...
    there is a reason why they say 30 days *besides the fact of making more money*...and i think it would be in your best interest to stick by it..cause even though the lenses have been around for a while...they still haven't been long enough to know their longtime effect on your eyes.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    It depends on the ones you own, but generally speaking you should replace them when you're instructed to, in this case once a month.

For me, I used to have lenses that were supposed to be changed every two weeks, but I'd wear them much much longer, but the more I did, the more they crapped out more quickly at night, seemed generally dirtier, or would begin to iritate my eyes. That's usually when I switched.

Now that I've started wearing a different type (I love them; you sleep in them and only need to take them out to clean them once a week), I'm trying to be better about it and am going to switch every month like I'm supposed to.

Oooh, I really like my contacts. They're disposable .I'm supposed to throw them out after a month, but they don't irritate my eyes or rip so I keep them until they do.

Contacts suck. They just don't suck nearly as my as my actual eyeballs suck.

Although, I think I'm going to stat wearing my glasses much more. Contacts are such a hasslle. Only time glasses fail me is if I'm playin bball.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mine don't cause too much trouble unless I fall asleep, then they get kind of dry.

Sports and glasses don't work for me either.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I use Johnson & Johnson Acuvue disposable lenses. The last couple of years, after getting a pair of glasses I really like, I only use my contacts about half the time now.

Don't believe the only use for a month, it's just to sell more lenses. Unless they get cloudy or rip don't replace them. I've had one pair of disposable ones last for over a year. Of course I take them out and disinfect them every night, which is very important. I use Opti-Free disinfecting solution and regular CVS brand saline solution to rinse them.

My personal eye doctor and my next door neighbor that is a eye doctor says the way I use them is fine. They do not replace their's every month either.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Leisure Suit Larry

Having perfect vision is the way to go.

I wear hard contacts and I love them. They don't make soft contacts strong enough for me and I really look like a dork with glasses on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2007 Super Bowl XLI Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Contacts suck. They just don't suck nearly as my as my actual eyeballs suck.

Although, I think I'm going to stat wearing my glasses much more. Contacts are such a hasslle. Only time glasses fail me is if I'm playin bball.
    QFT! Hells yeah!

Although I can never pull off the Vince from Entourage look with glasses. Oh well.

Take them out when you're told to do so.

I have to wear expensive daily contacts now because I abused the system.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    Take them out when you're told to do so.

I have to wear expensive daily ones now because I abused the system.
    You do realize we are talking about contacts, right

Lasik Rules!

Had the Lasik procedure on the eyes two years ago.

I LOVE IT! better than 20/20 vision.