Thread: Does this put Foster back on the trading block?

Default Does this put Foster back on the trading block?

I like Foster, but does the signing of Baston put Foster back on the block?

I have to believe that we could get Mags plus something for Jack and Foster.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Does this put Foster back on the trading block?

I don't particularly want Mags. Depends on what the something else would be. I'd prefer trying to come up with another return from elsewhere (Sorry no current suggestions!) but I'm more than fine w/ trying to move Foster and obviously Jack if we get something halfway decent back.

EDIT: Another of the myriad possibilites is DH or JF could be going in the ATL deal after all. I can't imagine they'd give DH up and supposedly they no longer want Foster but both names have been bandied about.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think so. I think Baston is just insurance more than anything. Without him, our lineup would be very thin if one or two of our big guys went down. Now, if 2 of our big guys are out, we won't have to play guys like Foster and Harrison 40+ minutes.

Maybe Foster is on the block, but I doubt this is what will cause Foster to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think so. I think Baston is just insurance more than anything.
    Larry's been scouting him for 2 years. There's plenty of guys that you can find for insurance without going to Europe.

Larry wants him to have a role, which means he'll probably make room for him.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'd make the rotation:

O'Neal/Foster/Harrison
    Harrington/Baston

I see him backing up the PF spot. Another thing to consider is that we are going to have our host of injuries this year, I think it's foolish to think that we won't have at least one of our big men out for an extended period.

Reading about Baston, it sounds like he is a good defender and an opportunistic scorer. Makes me think of a shorter, better shot blocking Jeff Foster.

"Like [Jonathan Bender], AMC's Pacer was supposed to be fitted with a rotary engine--but both rotaries had technical problems late in their development (read: after incurring heavy research costs) that prevented them from seeing the light of day. Of course, both vehicles had plenty of problems that did reach production. The Pacer was a dud in terms of quality, execution and particularly styling. Make your own assessment about its bizarre proportions, but don't miss the one door that's bigger than the other."

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I'd make the rotation:

O'Neal/Foster/Harrison
    Harrington/Baston
    So Hulk is third string, but Baston is second string? Doesn't seem right to me.

I just really like the idea of Foster and Jack for Mo Williams and Magloire. Maybe we could send Mo to Atlanta as sweetener, and hold on to our own picks?

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Snart
    Makes me think of a shorter, better shot blocking Jeff Foster.
    I was under the impression Baston was 6'10". Am I wrong here?

The advantage for trading for Mags is that his contract comes off the books after this season. A reasonable way to dump some salary, especially if you can package some players who don't fit your long term plans.

I thought all milk-drinkers were already on the block?
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

According to the Raptors, he's 6'9"

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/maceo_...yer_files.html

Sports Logo

Sorry...but I don't think that Magliore is that much of an upgrade over Foster....if he was stuck in a contract for at least 2 seasons....then I would be okay with it....but since he's an unrestricted FA next season...any Foster for Magliore move would be considered a single season rental for a Center with no guaranteed return.

I don't see any potential move of Foster tied to the signing of Baston. There is no guarantee that Baston will even work out...or that he would even get significant minutes ( much like the Samalki Walker band-aid that we a couple of seasons ago ).

Foster should only be moved for a Center that is either a significant upgrade or for a somewhat comprable Center with a contract that lasts more then 2 seasons. That way...we are not stuck behind the 8-ball the second he bolts for Free Agency.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Say no to renting Magliore for a year. Too slow and too expensive next offseason.

I guess I can live with almost any move that gets Jax out, though.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan
    I was under the impression Baston was 6'10". Am I wrong here?

I remember him as a really poor man's JYD.

Isn't this what Donnie meant? We need about five big guys in the front court.

I see the rotation more as:

JO/Foster/Harrison
    Al/Foster/Baston

Maybe more than meaning Foster is on the block, this means that Pollard won't be resigned.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jjbjjbjjb
    Maybe more than meaning Foster is on the block, this means that Pollard won't be resigned.
    I thought that Pollard was a decent Low-Post defender. If so...I would hope that we do resign him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I don't think that Baston makes Foster expandable. As Hicks said Baston is just insurance, or atleast that is what is most likely, IMO.

I think that Foster will be shopped but I don't think that Baston will force Foster out of Indiana.

Foster is the only remaining fan favorite...you can't trade that guy he's all hustle...and damn, he looks good doing it too...

|
    |
    V

Gamble

I would hope Foster stays unless we get a legit center that is able to do more
    than just one thing. We will still need a guy to battle with true centers
    and don't give me Harrison bc he's still a year away.

On top of that Harrison would be our only meaty center unless Pollard comes
    back.

People are really delusional. THe dude will be a scrub. People said AJ was expendable last year when we got the freaking MVP from that team and look what happened. Signing some scrub from Europe makes nobody on this team expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33
    Foster is the only remaining fan favorite...you can't trade that guy he's all hustle...and damn, he looks good doing it too...

|
    |
    V
    You forgot the Gift

:granger: .

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Snart
    I see him backing up the PF spot. Another thing to consider is that we are going to have our host of injuries this year, I think it's foolish to think that we won't have at least one of our big men out for an extended period.

Reading about Baston, it sounds like he is a good defender and an opportunistic scorer. Makes me think of a shorter, better shot blocking Jeff Foster.

No way. He was an offensive minded kid at MI. Very thin with good offense. Not much D.