Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: ? about corey simon

  1. #1
    pacerlife
    Guest

    Default ? about corey simon

    I know he was supposed to slim down this offseason. Has anyone heard how that is coming along.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    pacerlife
    Guest

    Default Re: ? about corey simon

    thanks. Can't wait for this season to start. Even w/ our losses on d. I think we will still be better this year on that side of the ball.

  4. #4

    Default Re: ? about corey simon

    Our so called losses on defense aren't that great. Tripplett never played to what he was capable, and we have better people on that line. Though Mathis shouldn't be starting. And while Thorton could hurt, we've lost good LBs before and gotten over it.

    However, we'll never win with Manning at QB. He's the problem. And possibly the offensive line.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,328

    Default Re: ? about corey simon

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    However, we'll never win with Manning at QB. He's the problem.


    So would you pick just about anybody else at this point? I think you're wrong, but I like your courage.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  6. #6
    haloguy
    Guest

    Default Re: ? about corey simon

    Corey simon was ok up in philly.

  7. #7

    Default Re: ? about corey simon

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    So would you pick just about anybody else at this point? I think you're wrong, but I like your courage.

    Well, he has no ability to work under pressure in the playoffs, and has no ability to improvise if being rushed. Unless the offensive line can play a perfect game, then Manning's in trouble. And 3-4 defenses give Manning trouble. Who plays 3-4? New England, Pittsburgh, San Diego. Essentially, the good teams. This is what worries me.

    Don't get me wrong, I will still cheer and root for this offense, but frankly I'm pessimistic. I hope they prove me wrong (I really do)
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  8. #8
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: ? about corey simon

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our so called losses on defense aren't that great. Tripplett never played to what he was capable, and we have better people on that line. Though Mathis shouldn't be starting. And while Thorton could hurt, we've lost good LBs before and gotten over it.

    However, we'll never win with Manning at QB. He's the problem. And possibly the offensive line.
    Well I'm shocked!!!!!!!!!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  9. #9
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ? about corey simon

    The new Corey Simon.

    hoopsforlife called me into the office and said, "who is that?" I looked for a moment, thought hard, and finally realized it was Simon. I couldn't believe it. To steal a quote from some one on the RATS board, "it's like Diet Corey - same great taste, half the Simon."
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  10. #10
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: ? about corey simon

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    However, we'll never win with Manning at QB. He's the problem. And possibly the offensive line.
    Welcome to the club. Just be cautious, it's lonely over here. In a couple years it'll be pretty crowded though. So I'll save you the #2 seat now.

    IndyToad
    A ghost passed through here

  11. #11
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: ? about corey simon

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Da'amn.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    740

    Default Re: ? about corey simon

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    However, we'll never win with Manning at QB. He's the problem. And possibly the offensive line.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Thanks for the laugh this morning.

  13. #13

    Default Re: ? about corey simon

    Quote Originally Posted by naptown
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Thanks for the laugh this morning.
    He has 0 ability to react under pressure, or scramble. His production depends on having no pressure and a perfect offensive line, which hasn't happened. Until it does, I'm sticking with it.

    This doesn't mean, of course, that I won't be cheering for him. But, as toad says, I'm being cautious.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  14. #14
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,595

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ? about corey simon

    Yeah, Peyton has no chance to scramble, because that's not the QB he is, I'm glad he's not Vick and not getting hurt and bruised up bad every year, but I do wish he could run if he needed to, just to be more versatile.

    With that said, the entire team needs to do their job; Peyton just gets the blame because he's the QB. Football is a team game, all those "Peyton chokes" were "Team losses". The line needs to do their job, the defense needs to to their job, the special teams needs to do their job and the offense needs to do their job.

    If everyone does their job, then yes, we can win with Peyton, it's a simple is that.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  15. #15

    Default Re: ? about corey simon

    If the offensive line gives peyton the time he needs, he's unstoppable. Problem is, against those 3-4s, they get through easily.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  16. #16
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,595

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ? about corey simon

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the offensive line gives peyton the time he needs, he's unstoppable. Problem is, against those 3-4s, they get through easily.
    Yeah, now I don't know all the types of defenses real well, but in a 3-4 is it because of more blitzers?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  17. #17

    Default Re: ? about corey simon

    Yeah, 3-4 uses the lineman to occupy the o-line as much as possible, while the LBs try to find the gaps. We have trouble with it, as shown by the san diego and pitts games last year, and NE the years before.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  18. #18
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,595

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ? about corey simon

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, 3-4 uses the lineman to occupy the o-line as much as possible, while the LBs try to find the gaps. We have trouble with it, as shown by the san diego and pitts games last year, and NE the years before.
    I've noticed it. What could we do to fix it? Block better?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •