Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60

Thread: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    15

    Default Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    Looks like Wells is still looking at coming home to Indiana...

    Quote:
    "I'd love to come home," he said. "When I was younger, I would have told you it wouldn't have been a problem, but I would have been lying. Now, I'm older, more mature. I understand who my friends are, and at this point in my life it would be fine."


    Complete Article: http://www.thestarpress.com/apps/pbc...607270347/1006

  2. #2
    1..2..3.. lil old blue sportsmusicxboxpacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    indy baby!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    322

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    i wouldnt mind wells just put his issues out the door then im welcome him.. but i rather al

  3. #3
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,260
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    Were will Bonzi find minutes?
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Were will Bonzi find minutes?
    He said he didn't have a problem coming off the bench last year when Kevin Martin was playing so well... but I'm assuming that Stephen Jackson would have to be shipped to make room for Wells.

  5. #5
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    Quote Originally Posted by joey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He said he didn't have a problem coming off the bench last year when Kevin Martin was playing so well... but I'm assuming that Stephen Jackson would have to be shipped to make room for Wells.
    I am not opposed totally to Bonzi, but we need shooters right now, not scorers.

    Why Not Us ?


  6. #6
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    Good thing Donnie and Larry have 0 interest in return.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good thing Donnie and Larry have 0 interest in return.
    Actually, if you believe Bonzi's agent, that's not true...

    Wells's agent, William Phillips, said Wednesday that six teams are still in the mix. He declined to name all six teams, but he said the Indiana Pacers are still among them.
    [From the Article]

  8. #8
    Member bambam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    315

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    mna next time i see him at the golf course, which is about 3 times a week, i have to ask him if he would sign the MLE.

  9. #9
    Jay Ohh
    Guest

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    People are way too paranoid after Ron. Bonzi coming:

    -He's at home. Is he really going to start **** in a place he loves?
    -Great post player. Already proven that JO and another guy like that can work with Ron
    -Should be great for chemistry. Bonzi, JO, and Al are all friends.
    -Rebounder which we desperately need
    -Defender at the two. Granger and Bonzi is sick and you all know it
    -We can probably get him cheap
    -He wants to be here

    There aren't many chances to get a player like him for the MLE. Better take advantage of it if we can while we can.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    Quote Originally Posted by joey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, if you believe Bonzi's agent, that's not true...



    [From the Article]
    Why would anyone beleive ANYTHING that an agent says?

  11. #11
    Member AnotherBirdCreation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good thing Donnie and Larry have 0 interest in return.
    I think Donnie meant that they were not interested in trading for Bonzi. After what he did in last year's playoffs -- which was dominate against Bowen, Manu, or anyone else who tried to check him -- we'd be foolish not to look at him at the MLE. Maybe THIS is why we let Freddie walk and traded A.J. to clear space (along with getting Darryl Day Care). $5-6 mil for Bonzi is a steal.

  12. #12
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    Quote Originally Posted by joey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, if you believe Bonzi's agent, that's not true...
    I don't believe his agent. Especially not when Donnie indirectly hints that he's lying.

    *Reporter brings up to Walsh their supposed interest in Bonzi Wells and Al Harrington*

    Walsh: (paraphrasing) "I'll say that we definitely have interest in one of them and absolutely none in the other."

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherBirdCreation
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Donnie meant that they were not interested in trading for Bonzi. After what he did in last year's playoffs -- which was dominate against Bowen, Manu, or anyone else who tried to check him -- we'd be foolish not to look at him at the MLE. Maybe THIS is why we let Freddie walk and traded A.J. to clear space (along with getting Darryl Day Care). $5-6 mil for Bonzi is a steal.
    I am really tired of hearing about Bonzi, and I will be thrilled when someone else signs him (contract year player much?) but after reading your post I couldnt help but remember the last thread I read about Bonzi:

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ighlight=Bonzi

  14. #14
    Member Horseman872's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Age
    27
    Posts
    138

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    We get the MLE every year and thats not likely to change anytime soon. And the best FA left is Bonzi, so why not use it? This is a rare opportunity, and he doesn't need to be integral to our team. He's like icing on our cake. So if he screws up, bottom of the bench he goes. I don't have a problem with bringing him in for the MLE, anything more...then I might be worried.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    As it stands, we have only 1 of the top 50 offensive rebounders in the NBA (#3 Jeff Foster)... adding #16 would be nice.

    btw, Jermaine is #57 & Danny is #78 for the curious... Oh.. and Al is #75

  16. #16
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    Quote Originally Posted by bambam
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    mna next time i see him at the golf course, which is about 3 times a week, i have to ask him if he would sign the MLE.

    Do you see him at Hickory Hills?

  17. #17
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    WE DON'T NEED BONZI!!!

    We've got Jackson already. Why add another poor shooting, poor attitude player to our roster?

    He's friends with JO? Yeah, I'm sure that's a good reason to add him. While we're at it, let's get Sheed and Brian Grant. JO have any other friends? Call 'em up, see what we can do!

    Occasionaly, you must remember that this is a BALL club, not just a club. If JO's friends want to hang out with him, they can go to 7 - not become members of our team. As an NBA team, the goal is to win games, and ultimately championships - not just have a good time.

    No Bonzi Wells.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  18. #18
    Never Give Up aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,343
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Were will Bonzi find minutes?

    Id start Bonzi over SJax any day of the week
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

  19. #19
    Banned PacerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,132

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    The man's a cancer. Pure and simple.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere..near Fishers
    Age
    37
    Posts
    902

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    Quote Originally Posted by aero
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Id start Bonzi over SJax any day of the week
    And twice on Sundays.

    I'm starting to come around on the idea of Bonzi. I have a special insight because of my age and being from Muncie (figure it out, people). I've heard from far more than one person that the guy I knew for so long doesn't exist anymore.

    There would definitely still be times where he acts a fool on the court, but the man has passion and he's not a complete idiot so you don't have to worry about an Artest-sized blow up.

    When you fall off the horse, you either get back on it or you never ride again. It might be time for the Pacers to get back on that damn horse and stop being paranoid that every non-perfect citizen is going to pull an Artest.

    There's only one psycho that crazy and he's playing in Sacramento now.

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    Just curious, when was the last time Bonzi had an "incident".
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    -- Albert Einstein

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And twice on Sundays.

    I'm starting to come around on the idea of Bonzi. I have a special insight because of my age and being from Muncie (figure it out, people). I've heard from far more than one person that the guy I knew for so long doesn't exist anymore.

    There would definitely still be times where he acts a fool on the court, but the man has passion and he's not a complete idiot so you don't have to worry about an Artest-sized blow up.

    When you fall off the horse, you either get back on it or you never ride again. It might be time for the Pacers to get back on that damn horse and stop being paranoid that every non-perfect citizen is going to pull an Artest.

    There's only one psycho that crazy and he's playing in Sacramento now.
    I agree the Pacers do need to not let the Artest situation hold them back and be afraid to make that "big" move that may win us a 'chip (see Sheed trade in Detroit), but Im not sure Bonzi is the right person to make that risk with.

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan.
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just curious, when was the last time Bonzi had an "incident".
    This is from the other thread, but this is the last thing I could find anywhere. Granted, I havent followed him much:

    2005-July-Bonzi is a changed man, Right. Read this:

    http://www.truehoop.com/sacramento-k...ew-leaves.html



    "Bonzi will change here," one of the print reporters told me, "Jerry West won't put up with him if he doesn't. Plus, Portland was the wrong environment for him. Too much media scrutiny."

    I wandered further down the hall, where there was a back door to the arena and who should I find standing there?

    Bonzi himself. He was asking a security guard how he could get from the hallway to the locker room without having to pass the media who were all there to welcome him to Memphis.

    Then, he saw me and we exchanged out usual hello.

    "Hi Bonzi," I said.

    "You're a punk (expletive) (expletive)," he said.

    Now that Wells is reportedly off to the west coast, Canzano closes with "Good luck Sacramento."




    >>
    2006: March, fined $5000 for punching a ball into the fans in protest of a call against him.

  24. #24
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    i dont think thats really an "incident" though.

    I would hate to be judged on what I say to people that I really dislike, and it sounds like genuine dislike for that person,

  25. #25
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,396

    Default Re: Bonzi Article, Star Press (7-26)

    we should definitely pick up Bonzi Wells...he can't be half as bad as Jackson and anyone that wants to play here is welcome to do so in my opinion...plus, it should **** off Artest and I'm all for that...

    we should also add Rick Adelman to our coaching staff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •