View Poll Results: What's Al worth to you ?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing ( I don't want Harrington)

8 11.43%
  • Just the TE

10 14.29%
  • TE and Cash Only

30 42.86%
  • TE and David Harrison

3 4.29%
  • TE and a 2007 1st RD Pick (protected)

21 30.00%
  • TE and 2008 1st PD Pick (protected)

22 31.43%
  • TE and a 2007 1st RD Pick (Unprotected)

7 10.00%
  • TE and 2008 1st PD Pick (Unprotected)

9 12.86%
  • TE and Multiple Picks

6 8.57%
  • TE , Harrison and 1st Rd Pick

1 1.43%
  • The Kitchen Sink (Whatever it takes)

1 1.43%
  • Kegboy's Season Tickets

17 24.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What is Harrington worth to you ?

Lightbulb What is Harrington worth to you ?

Ok as we patiently wait for the two sides to iron out the details of the Harrington Trade. Where do you draw the line on what you are willing to give up?

Check all that Apply

Why Not Us ?

Default Re: What is Harrington worth to you ?

I would give Jax, Tins, and maybe $50.00 cash.
    But an hour or so later, Hibbert wrote on his Twitter account: "Love this coach [and] I love this team. We can go far this year if we play like that. 2night we played our hearts out. Just didn't get the win."

Trade Exception, a future 2nd round pick and cash. If Knight doesn't want to take on salary then the Pacers are the only option he has.

Mood

As long as only one of the picks was 1st rounder, multiple.

I voted Nothing because I really don't think Harrington will fit in with our team. As has been said a lot by people against Harrington coming over, he will do one of two things and either one will hurt the team more than help. He will either force JO to the Center position or Granger to the bench. Neither will be the best thing for this team. Also I think if we be wait more options will become available, which could mean waiting till the trade deadline. Also, I think by not offering anything Harrington WILL have to sign for the MLE and I WOULD be willing to do that. That way we would save our TE that could get us a better talent than Harrington near the trade deadline.

I think people don't understand that teams with cap space have used it all up. So if we can't work out a deal with the Hawks then Harrington WILL have to sign with someone for the MLE. Unless the Hawks change their mind about not wanting to take back a high dollar contract.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFreak31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I voted Nothing because I really don't think Harrington will fit in with our team. As has been said a lot by people against Harrington coming over, he will do one of two things and either one will hurt the team more than help. He will either force JO to the Center position or Granger to the bench. Neither will be the best thing for this team. Also I think if we be wait more options will become available, which could mean waiting till the trade deadline. Also, I think by not offering anything Harrington WILL have to sign for the MLE and I WOULD be willing to do that. That way we would save our TE that could get us a better talent than Harrington near the trade deadline.

I think people don't understand that teams with cap space have used it all up. So if we can't work out a deal with the Hawks then Harrington WILL have to sign with someone for the MLE. Unless the Hawks change their mind about not wanting to take back a high dollar contract.
    Most of those options in the poll don't work. You can't trade a player along with the TE. We can sign Al outright starting at 7.5m and give up nothing. Atlanta can match and give Al more money and keep him. They don't want to do that! Al wants a sign and trade so he can get an extra year and bigger season to season raises. I believe if he signs outright with us he can only receive 9.5% annual raises. In a sign and trade its a higher %. Al knows he can get 57m over 5 years with us right now. I would give up Harrison and 1st rnd pick no more. Atlanta is under the cap (by 13.5m) the TE does nothing for them.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Jay Ohh

Pretty much everything up there. You get Al Harrington he isn't coming cheap. Some people don't realize that. Depending on whether or not we have a chance of getting Magloire or another Center, I'd probably give up Hulk. People need to quit crying about the first rounders.

You want a good player, you have to give up some good ****. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by aceace
    Most of those options in the poll don't work. You can't trade a player along with the TE. We can sign Al outright starting at 7.5m and give up nothing. Atlanta can match and give Al more money and keep him. They don't want to do that! Al wants a sign and trade so he can get an extra year and bigger season to season raises. I believe if he signs outright with us he can only receive 9.5% annual raises. In a sign and trade its a higher %. Al knows he can get 57m over 5 years with us right now. I would give up Harrison and 1st rnd pick no more. Atlanta is under the cap (by 13.5m) the TE does nothing for them.
    We are over the cap , so we cannot sign Al outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stein
    It remains unclear who or what Atlanta would receive in the sign-and-trade arrangement, but the deal can be completed with the Hawks taking back recent or future draft picks -- or perhaps a moderately priced youngster, such as center David Harrison -- as opposed to significant salary. That's because of a $7.5 million trade exception Indiana created earlier this month by striking a sign-and-trade deal with the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets involving Peja Stojakovic … after Stojakovic already had committed to sign a five-year, $60-plus million free-agent contract with the Hornets.

Without the $7.5 million trade exception resulting from that maneuver, Indiana wouldn't be able to complete a sign-and-trade for Harrington unless the Hawks were willing to take back contracts in the same monetary range as Harrington's new first-year salary.
    ESPN

Why Not Us ?

1..2..3.. lil old blue sportsmusicxboxpacer's Avatar

just give them pick and the money get over with !!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I still feel Al causes a logjam at the 3/4 and if Harrison is inolved KILLS the P's center position.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

AL CAN PLAY CENTER AT TIMES SO THERE NO LOGJAMS

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sportsmusicxboxpacer
    AL CAN PLAY CENTER AT TIMES SO THERE NO LOGJAMS
    Al playing center can not be good for defense can it??
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

when given a chance who know what al can do.. most centers in nba are slow al got quickness so there one upside..

Jay Ohh

David playing Center isn't exactly Ben Wallace, either. He'll foul out before he can even get the ball on offense.

I didn't vote because their was no category I was satisfied with.

Trade exception, a protected 1st round pick, and cash.

Remember the trade exception doesn't do anything for Atlanta. The only thing they would be getting would be the pick and the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by aceace
    Where to start?

1] You can't trade a player along with the TE.

True, but we would be doing two trades at the same time so as long as both trades work separately it can be done.

2] We can sign Al outright starting at 7.5m and give up nothing.

False. It's called a trade exception for a reason, it can only be used in a trade not to sign free agents. The most we can sign Al for is the mid-level.

3] Atlanta can match and give Al more money and keep him.

If we sign Al for the mid level Atlanta can't match anything, Al is unrestricted.

4] I believe if he signs outright with us he can only receive 9.5% annual raises.

It's 8%.

5] In a sign and trade its a higher %.

Correct, it's 10.5%.

6] Al knows he can get 57m over 5 years with us right now.

That $57 million is for 6 years. If he signed for 5 years it would be $45m.

Mood

Will, that's all Knight wants. They don't want to add salary right now.

Angry Re: What is Harrington worth to you ?

i agree with hicks on this one but how much longer we sit here wait for this get over with tmw is friday ! then we have wait other week for this ahh!!

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by sportsmusicxboxpacer
    i agree with hicks on this one but how much longer we sit here wait for this get over with tmw is friday ! then we have wait other week for this ahh!!

What just happened here?