Thread: A willing taker for Jax

Default A willing taker for Jax

At least the fans on clutch city seem every bit as willing to part with their guy as we are with Jax.

It works straight up:

Juwan Howard for Jax.

we get another big body who is probably better than Scot and who defenders must respect. His contract is one year shorter than Jax's.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Default Re: A willing taker for Jax

I'll take it.

Get 'er done.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

I'd do it.

He'd be a great guy off the bench. I don't know if he fits into the new "up-tempo" style of play, but it would be good just to have another veteran guy in the locker room. Not to mention it puts Jack somewhere else.

I can see why the Rockets would do it too. Jack would be an insurance policy when/if T-Mac goes down with an injury.

Jax for Howard. Nah... That wouldn't even be fair. We could get more then Howard out of Jax surely.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jax for Howard. Nah... That wouldn't even be fair. We could get more then Howard out of Jax surely.
    they could throw in beer nuts?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    they could throw in beer nuts?
    and a kit kat and we have a deal. LOL

I think you would be suprised what we could pull for Jax. There are some teams that are in direr need of a decent 2 guard

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

but...but...i want some popcorn
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Houston also has a 4.2 mil trade exception, so we could send them somebody else (like Sarunas?) and cut a little payroll in the process.

How does Howard really fit into what we're supposedly trying to do as far as alleged up-tempo style of play?

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31
    That trade would be advantage Rockets by far.

this is a great deal. howard is on the downside of his career but whould give good minuets off the bench and is a leader. Jax would be a good complement to t-mac and ming. sure it looks one sided but dumping salary is important and howard would be a much better person to have on the team then jax. plus jax's best years came in san antonio in texas and in the west. pull the trigger on this trade soon or you will wind up with a guy like earl boykins or earl watson.

Quote Originally Posted by campy
    this is a great deal. howard is on the downside of his career but whould give good minuets off the bench and is a leader. Jax would be a good complement to t-mac and ming. sure it looks one sided but dumping salary is important and howard would be a much better person to have on the team then jax. plus jax's best years came in san antonio in texas and in the west. pull the trigger on this trade soon or you will wind up with a guy like earl boykins or earl watson.
    Jax is pretty much in his prime, Howard is on the downside. Plus, Jax is the only starter last year that showed up every single game. If we trade Jax, and one of our rookies don't pan out, I think we would be in some trouble. Jax is more important to this team then we realize and we have a tendancy to bank to much on our rookies to fall in major roles (me included). OH and whats wrong with Boykins lol? He revives that team when he comes off the bench. I bet it would take alot to even get him out of Denver because of the energy he brings off the bench.

Rockets

Wow. You'd guys actually take that? As a Rockets fan, I'd snatch it too. I was talking to Pacersfan46 about this.

I know from my perspective on the Rockets, there's no doubt in my mind I do it.

Huh? The Rockets would do that?

I read somewhere, that JVG wants to start McGrady at the 2, Snyder at the 3, and Battier at the 4. Don't they need a big like Juwan as a backup atleast? I know he ain't the biggest but who else do they have?

I don't see why the Rockets need another perminter shooter, but if they'd do it i'd probably would, although i'd much rather trade Tinsley.

Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    Huh? The Rockets would do that?

I read somewhere, that JVG wants to start McGrady at the 2, Snyder at the 3, and Battier at the 4. Don't they need a big like Juwan as a backup atleast? I know he ain't the biggest but who else do they have?

I don't see why the Rockets need another perminter shooter, but if they'd do it i'd probably would, although i'd much rather trade Tinsley.
    That's overblown hype. There's was little word that JVG may try to play Battier at 4 some. Not a starter or not main rotational, it's just matchups against Suns or Mavericks. Though, we could go get Lorenzen Wright, and do this trade. It'd be really beneficial. Either ways I'd do the trade.

I think I'm right on the Battier situation, I just think it was misinterperted and completely overhyped. We'll see

Regardless, I'll do the trade.

Jay Ohh

JUWAN HOWARD IS A BUM

Just thought you all should know ahead of time.