Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I think I've mentioned this before...PD Chemistry

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default I think I've mentioned this before...PD Chemistry

I've noticed a distinct shift in attitude around here since the brawl. Prior to the brawl people had disagreements but they were civil. Now, ya never know who may go postal. OK, that's an exaggeration but it seems that this board is shattering into numerous camps.

Those that love/hate TPTB, those that want TPTB castrated and sent to Afghanistan.
    There are those that love/hate Artest, Jackson,Tinsley, Carlisle, Mark Boyle (uh ok, wrong there)....on and on ad infinitum.
    Those that want to ship out 18 of the players and those that want to bring back Al, Brad, Ron, Detlef, Derrick, Adrian, and Dave Robisch. And there are those that are so stuck to their personnal favorites that the fav is bound to have a massive hickey on their backside by now.

Did the brawl affect morale that much around here or has the board just grown in numbers and thus the divergence of opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want a kissee kissee lovefest all the time but the bitterness being expressed toward or between certain posters is getting depressing.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Default Re: I think I've mentioned this before...PD Chemistry

Shut up!

I agree, really. There are a number of people who post I can't even read anymore because it's either the same thing over and over and over and over again, or there's just some unnecessary bru-ha-ha going on.

Most of mods do what they can, but they can't post for people.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Kudos on the Rubbish reference.

The board is getting bigger which means there are more personalities to clash, and it's the off-season, which means anyone can stubbornly claim to be right without any game-play to back it up.

I can't wait for November!

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The board is getting bigger, and it's the off-season, which means anyone can stubbornly claim to be right without any game-play to back it up.

Yeah, it's definitely on off-season thing.........but since the Pacers have entered the off-season around February the last couple years, it seems to have been going on forever.

I don't have any advice on what to do.

We were winning a lot before the brawl. Winning solves everything, papers over differences, makes honey flow through the veins down to the fingers a-typing. "Ohhh, demon victory, sad defeats I can't recall..."

The board is getting bigger which means there are more personalities to clash, and it's the off-season, which means anyone can stubbornly claim to be right without any game-play to back it up.

Can I get a ?

Why Not Us ?

I think it's global warming. People tend to get irritable when it gets hotter.

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof
    I think it's global warming. People tend to get irritable when it gets hotter.
    They just can't handle the sunshine
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

The brawl didn't change me. Reason #1 did.

[edit] And by the way Geezer, Grace absolutely can't stand you ever since she found out you were a Michigan fan. But she's too nice to say it herself.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Honestly, there are some quick tempers and high tensions sometimes, but I really enjoy reading this board. Good banter makes great reading; as long as it doesn't turn into "oh yeah, well, your momma's so fat..." childish bickering. That happens sometimes, but, as a general rule, I think the mods do a great job, and the maturity level of 99% of the posters here is above that.

I read another board occasionally (not Pacers) and it's impossible to appreciate what's being discussed because while there are many good posters, there are too many childish, ignorant trolls. The mods there keep a tight reign on it, and it's almost too tight for my liking. Once someone makes a stupid comment there, 15 other people jump on them with personal insults, and that gets tiring, especially if it's a mod.

So, while PD can get a little hostile sometimes, it's a very well-regulated board, both by mods and by posters who simply understand what is acceptable and what is not. This is as good a place as any to say 'kudos' to the mods, and 'thank you' to my fellow posters for making this an awesome place.

Familiarity breeds contempt, they say, and when we have nothing but each other in the off-season, we can get into it a little. But, overall, this is an amazing place.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

That is is

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy
    Familiarity breeds contempt, they say, and when we have nothing but each other in the off-season, we can get into it a little. But, overall, this is an amazing place.
    I think that's exactly it. The same topics over and over for the past few months.

Then again, you'd think TPTB would address these issues so we wouldn't have to keep talking about them.

BTW, I think we should trade Jax. And Tinsley.

I, personally, enjoyed the board more in the beginning. Either way, it's better than 99% of those out there. While there are some who express their opinions in ways that we may not like, it's still fun to read.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I'm not what you'd call a valued PD poster. I've been here maybe 2/3 months. But even in that short time I've been amazed how many people actually post here. I can't prove it, but it seems like PD has triple as many users as any other team-specific message board. And while a lot of info/opinions get repeated a lot, Pacers Digest has the most well-informed and passionate posters I've seen on the internet. After all, this is Indiana.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    The brawl didn't change me. Reason #1 did.

[edit] And by the way Geezer, Grace absolutely can't stand you ever since she found out you were a Michigan fan. But she's too nice to say it herself.
    shhhhhh

I'll let ya in on a secret............I only root for the Wolverines 'cause I get freebie tix. I attended Indiana State and graduated from the Uni of Indianapolis.....but GO Greyhounds just doesn't have much ring to it.

Besides....this way I get to root for a winner every once ina while.

(edit) (I secretly root for Notre Dame too)

Tell yer sis I loves her although anyone who might root for Chicago......I dunno.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    (edit) (I secretly root for Notre Dame too)
    Now Kegboy doesn't like you either.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    Now Kegboy doesn't like you either.
    I'm Irish/English, Catholic, and my kids go to Cathedral....what can I say??

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Expansion breeds diversity.

And it's the offseason.

When the team is winning there's less to complain about. When the team sucks and is in disarray then either everyone has their own ideas about how to fix it...or wants to pretend nothing is wrong.... or thinks everything will magically (or however) work out for the best.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

it's a mass invasion of immigrants who have no social understanding and ability to communicate on an normal acceptable level in this sociaty

I'm bored... when does NBALIVE 07 come out....

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Those that love/hate TPTB, those that want TPTB castrated and sent to Afghanistan.
    There are those that love/hate Artest, Jackson,Tinsley, Carlisle, Mark Boyle (uh ok, wrong there)....on and on ad infinitum.
    Those that want to ship out 18 of the players and those that want to bring back Al, Brad, Ron, Detlef, Derrick, Adrian, and Dave Robisch. And there are those that are so stuck to their personnal favorites that the fav is bound to have a massive hickey on their backside by now.
    Which group am I in?

Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!!
    ability to communicate on an normal acceptable level in this sociaty
    I admit, I found this hilarious.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    I, personally, enjoyed the board more in the beginning.
    Yes, back before the PB/JJ war turned brother against brother and divided a nation.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by jjbjjbjjb
    We were winning a lot before the brawl. Winning solves everything, papers over differences, makes honey flow through the veins down to the fingers a-typing. "Ohhh, demon victory, sad defeats I can't recall..."
    Good points! When your team wins most people suck up their complaints, but the longer the team loses the more people start complaining.

I think if we would win the NBA championship it would be jubilee around here for about a week and then it would get rather blah.

Hey KStat, Shags? How did you guys feel after the jubilee wore off after Detroit won? Did you have as much to talk about?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Which group am I in?

I'm pretty certain you fall in the group that wants to bring back Derrick McKey.