View Poll Results: I'd trade Jax/Tins (or both) in packages for the following contracts

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kenyon Martin -- 5 years, $71m

3 3.57%
  • Zach Randolph -- 5 years, $73.3m

4 4.76%
  • Stephon Marbury -- 3 years, $59.2m

8 9.52%
  • Steve Francis -- 3 years, $52.7m

37 44.05%
  • Quentin Richardson -- 4 years, $33.2m

24 28.57%
  • Hell with that, lets just keep them for now

27 32.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Trade SJax/Tinsley (or both) for one of following bad contracts

Banned

Default Poll: Trade SJax/Tinsley (or both) for one of following bad contracts

For those that think its a good idea to trade them no matter what, here's your chance. I think its likely that the only way these guys get dealt is if the Pacers take on a bad contract in the package

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Poll: Trade SJax/Tinsley (or both) for one of following bad contracts

Ill trade em for Francis.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Poll: Trade SJax/Tinsley (or both) for one of following bad contracts

I wouldnt touch any of them except for Stevie Franchise

Banned

I hate to throw this out there so early..don't want to throw off the poll too much..but everyone should think about how valuable the contracts of Francis and Marbury will be as trade bait two years from now when the Pacers could send them to a team thats trying to clear salary and get a couple of young players.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate to throw this out there so early..don't want to throw off the poll too much..but everyone should think about how valuable the contracts of Francis and Marbury will be as trade bait two years from now when the Pacers could send them to a team thats trying to clear salary and get a couple of young players.
    That's a good point. Basically, if we decided that it's not going to work with this group of players it would be easy to rebuild later.

I would actually like Francis. His contract is just horrible but I think he deserves another chance. He is not lazy or anything and isn't as much of a ballhog as people think. He was just placed in a horrible situation in both Orlando and NY. I'd think we could have a great backcourt with Marquis and Francis.

Banned

BTW, also want to point out a couple other things...3 of these guys are Knicks..and not just because its funnier that way. I think Isiah would have an actual interest in bringing Tinsley on board. Its shocking, I know, but this is Isiah we're talking about and maybe he thinks Tinsley won't make up phony sinus infections if he's playing in MSG.

ARTESTINMYHEART

I actually like Stephen Marbury as a basketball player and I think Steve Francis has a lot of talent but does not know how to use others around him to make them better...but saying that, I would take Marbury for Tinsley/Jackson just because Marbury is so talented and I consider him a Superstar. He just hasn't had the right team around him to succeed and win at a high level.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Francis.

Can I have a post deleted too? I feel so left out.

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

What a cast of horrors. Francis would not be a bad trade, but the others are awful. I would stand pat and bring a shrink in along with Daddy Darrell.

ARTESTINMYHEART

Having Marbury or Francis wouldn't be too bad...we would be getting Superstar PG's in return that can compliment Jermaine pretty well...but saying that, a healthy Tinsley and a warrior in Jackson is what we need for the following season.

I voted for Steve Francis . . . however on second thought no.

Stephen Jackson 6,120,000 + Jamaal Tinsley $5,850,000 = $11,970,000 + $100,000 = $12,070,000.

Steve Frances $15,070,000. We would have to add $3m in cash, or more players to make up the difference.

EDIT; On third thought I would do it if we could just add the cash.

OK, so I said Randolph and Martin, and immediately regret it.

I was think that getting that much talent back would be too good to pass up, and at worst we could ship them out in a few months. But with those contracts, they'd be impossible to move. How do I cancel my vote?

Thinking about it some more, if we could make it a three way with Denver I would like it even more.

Denver gets Tins and Jax.
    NY gets Martin.
    We get Francis.

I'm off to a trade checker to see if that works.

Hey I think that would work if we added the cash. I'd do it! It works if you don't add destinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    I voted for Steve Francis . . . however on second thought no.

Stephen Jackson 6,120,000 + Jamaal Tinsley $5,850,000 = $11,970,000 + $100,000 = $12,070,000.

Steve Frances $15,070,000. We would have to add $3m in cash, or more players to make up the difference.

EDIT; On third thought I would do it if we could just add the cash.
    No, contracts just have to be either within 20 or 25% plus $100,000 of matching now. This trade works either way.

Sports Logo

Again....yet another.....choose the "lesser of two evils" scenarios.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherBirdCreation
    No, contracts just have to be either within 20 or 25% plus $100,000 of matching now. This trade works either way.
    I know that! Duh!

I thought I checked to see if it worked but obviously I didn't!

I'd keep them (is that a surprise given the new avatar?) -- with a second choice of Francis.

I would like to see Jack and Tins in the new environment, with the several new players and I think some new hope, before I would give up on them. They will be pushed in camp to keep their jobs, even more so in coming years. I would be perfectly happy with them being outcompeted internally for the job. But they are a tough, talented pair of guys, and Jack for sure deserves better than he's gotten from our fans.

Francis has the shortest contract, is a scorer and playmaker, and he's got loads of ability and isn't (from what I know) a problem waiting to happen. With all the talent we'd have in place around him (unlike in Orlando and NY), not to mention a winning tradition, he would feel a LOT of pressure to distribute the ball and not be a one-man show. So I would welcome Stevie Franchise.

Very good poll, Chauncey.

Lord, I don't think their value is that low. You have them up there with some of the worst contracts in the league.

And what happened to this thread?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gotta be Franchise - he's the best of the bunch. And i wonder what all those deleted posts were?
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Bring in Steve Fran... we need a pg bad.

I picked the just keep 'em option. None of those players impress me that much.

I wondered if someone got booted over the deleted posts and the "character" thread answered it.

Any of the Franchise, Q.Rich if we could get him for Tax, if not keep em both ... i wouldnt go near Marbury K.Mart or randolph if we ahve to give up both players ... (including what appears is going to be our starting PG)
    'All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.'
    Animal Farm, by George Orwell

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen
    I picked the just keep 'em option. None of those players impress me that much.

I wondered if someone got booted over the deleted posts and the "character" thread answered it.
    It had more to do with the unauthorized "breaking-and-entering" under a different name. But the deleted (offensive and vulgar) posts and the "character" thread served as immediate reminders as to why Sassan has been permanently banned in the first place.

I'm sure we'll go through this again the next time(s) he tries to sneak back in under a bogus name. Too bad for us that this effort wasn't as funny/ pathetic as "Earl."
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    It had more to do with the unauthorized "breaking-and-entering" under a different name. But the deleted (offensive and vulgar) posts and the "character" thread served as immediate reminders as to why Sassan has been permanently banned in the first place.

I'm sure we'll go through this again the next time(s) he tries to sneak back in under a bogus name. Too bad for us that this effort wasn't as funny/ pathetic as "Earl."
    He always tried to give the impression that he had too much going on to bother with this stuff. Guess he will never grow up. He could actually be a decent contributor if he set his mind to it.