View Poll Results: If there's no good trades out there for SJax or Tinsley, I would

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cut both of them

7 11.11%
  • Cut Tinsley, keep Jax

5 7.94%
  • Cut Jax, keep Tinsley

7 11.11%
  • Keep both of them

44 69.84%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll on SJax/Tinsley, what do you do if you can't make a good trade?

Banned

Default Poll on SJax/Tinsley, what do you do if you can't make a good trade?

Go on record..........

Default Re: Poll on SJax/Tinsley, what do you do if you can't make a good trade?

I said cut both, but what I mean is trade both, even if there isn't a good trade out there. Get them out.

Although I could see keeping Tinsley - his problems stand a chance of being fixable. Jax is just incurably stupid.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Default Re: Poll on SJax/Tinsley, what do you do if you can't make a good trade?

There are always bad trades.

As far as Tinsley goes, I think TPTB have tied our hands by dropping AJ. Unless you believe Daniels can be a full time PG.

As for Jack, eh, I just don't care anymore.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Banned

Even if the "bad trade" brings back bad salaries? You'd still trade them both?

Well, Jax and Tins are already pretty bad salaries, seeing as their contracts run for years. Just how bad of contract could we get in return for them?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, Jax and Tins are already pretty bad salaries, seeing as their contracts run for years. Just how bad of contract could we get in return for them?
    Oh, let's say both of them for KMart.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

we're not going to cut a player who we'll still have to pay for the remaining 4-5 years left on his contract -- much less TWO PLAYERS like that. Trade is our only real option; or, with a little luck, a medical retirement for Tins .
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    we're not going to cut a player who we'll still have to pay for the remaining 4-5 years left on his contract -- much less TWO PLAYERS like that. Trade is our only real option; or, with a little luck, a medical retirement for Tins .
    Dude, if that comment was about Dubya instead of Tinsley, NSA would already be at your house

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Oh, let's say both of them for KMart.

Fun, NSA jokes when I'm a block from the White House. This should go well.......

Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    Yeah I voted in reference to trade, not cut. Since this is not the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    Fun, NSA jokes when I'm a block from the White House. This should go well.......

During the war I was a BOMBadier!

Why Not Us ?

When we say "Cut them," we mean, "Buy out their contracts," don't we?

It is possible that one of them might take the money and run, at a discount that would be a good deal for us. If Tinsley is as tired of playing as he seems, he might be willing to take a lump sum and retire (wild speculation). That would be good for the team, and would be a wash for the Simons, who have to pay him whether he stays or goes.

For my part, I still believe Jackson can be traded.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL @ cutting both of them.

JO/Hulk
    Al/Foster/Powell
    Danny/Williams/Marshall
    Quis/White
    Runi/Armstrong/Greene

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    LOL @ cutting both of them.

JO/Hulk
    Al/Foster/Powell
    Danny/Williams/Marshall
    Quis/White
    Runi/Armstrong/Greene

I dunno, we still look alright if we cut Jax.

Tins is the one that'd hurt, since we have no one to fill in.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I dunno, we still look alright if we cut Jax.

Tins is the one that'd hurt, since we have no one to fill in.
    Yeah, we'd look just fine with no shooting from the SG spot at all, and a rookie as the primary back-up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    Yeah I voted in reference to trade, not cut. Since this is not the NFL.
    You can still cut/release people in the NBA, you just have to pay them.

Sports Logo

We don't have any choice...keep them. There is no way that the Simons will pay them 35+ mil each for a buyout.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Wow there is alot of support to keep them both wow.

Please tell me how Jax has a bad contract. Dude makes 6 million plays Decent D, and plays every game. JO is overpaid, Tinsley is overpaid, Ray allen is overpaid, The Knicks are overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    We don't have any choice...keep them. There is no way that the Simons will pay them 35+ mil each for a buyout.

But can buyouts be negotiated for a lesser sum? Or can't they?
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Yeah, we'd look just fine with no shooting from the SG spot at all, and a rookie as the primary back-up.
    What the hell is everyone's obsession with shooting all about, and why does it have to come from only the SG spot?

Ignore the fact that Marquis is a quality player and obsess over the fact that he doesn't bomb threes all game. That's classic mypoic pessimism (sp).

I would rather have Quis not shooting threes and instead creating off the dribble, than have Jack launching threes and turning the ball over off the dribble.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    Wow there is alot of support to keep them both wow.
    This is not becuase we want to keep them both....if I could jettison them for Expiring contracts and some 3rd string players...I would be all for that.

If the assumption is that no one wants them......and given the choice to cut either of them or both ( and therefore negotiate an expensive buyout )....what other choice do we have? Pay them 35+ mil each for doing nothing so that they aren't on the roster?

I suspect that the results was much like voting in the 2004 Presidential election....you end up picking the "lesser of two evils".

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam
    If the Player is willing. Say Tinsley thinks he can get a deal for 4 million per year, if he can be a FA. Well since his deal is for about 35, and theres 5 years left. He would probably need 15 million plus to take the cut. Say we gave him 20 million. He goes out and gets a 20 million 5 year deal. We pay 15 less, he gets 5 million more over the same time period.

But since tinsley would be lucky to get a 3 million per year, short term contract. We probably won't save a decent size amount and a gamble is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey
    You can still cut/release people in the NBA, you just have to pay them.
    Exactly so it's rarely practical to cut a player. There is almost always a better option then to pay a player at any price to walk, in addition to paying for his replacement.

Why Not Us ?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam
    Sure...but you think that the Simons are going to fork out about $60 million+ to buy them out?

I doubt it. They may not be liked by the fan...or many of us here in PD land....but given the choices that we have in the poll.....there isn't much choice here.

What the hell is everyone's obsession with shooting all about, and why does it have to come from only the SG spot?

Ignore the fact that Marquis is a quality player and obsess over the fact that he doesn't bomb threes all game. That's classic mypoic pessimism (sp).

I would rather have Quis not shooting threes and instead creating off the dribble, than have Jack launching threes and turning the ball over off the dribble.
    First off, Jack hardly turned the ball over that much. And maybe if he had somebody in the Paint helping create some space he would have turned it over less.