Thread: David Craig anybody?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default David Craig anybody?

With LB and DW going "all in" with Jamaal, we are going to need an excellent trainer. DC has a proven record. In fact, can we get a flu shot for JT this early in the year yet?

As LB said though, Jamaal can be good, and I have always been a fan of Jamaal's. I really hope getting AJ out of here cures alot of Jamaal's supposed injuries (even though im a huge AJ fan, as well - good luck with AC in big "d" AJ).

In the long term, I really think this is not going to bode well for RC. I think RC will end up seeing DA as his new AJ and if the same thing happens mid-season, RC will be gone. Its obvious LB and DW are "gambling" again with another good problematic rebellious ball player in JT now (because of the the way JT sees RC now - im sure he has no respect for RC). Best case scenario is that JT plays the way he did in his first 2 years and immediately after the brawl when he put the team on his shoulders.

Maybe im all wrong with this and Tinman gets traded anyway, which wouldnt hurt my feelings as long as we got a good PG in return. I hope one of these things happens, because cabbages is not good enough to play NBA ball (even though I love his passion for the game).

Default Re: David Craig anybody?

That's a lot of abbreviations.

Anyone know exactly when David Craig left/got let go/whatever happened?

All I know is, he was replaced after we started having significant injury problems, not before.

Whatever it was that caused the split, though, I doubt it's been resolved already.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sorry about the abbreviations. I hate typing.

He "retired" when Reggie left (that was before all the mysterious injuries started to happen). He had been the Pacers only trainer for something like 22 years or something like that. I can remember thinking years ago, man we are lucky, we never have injuries.

Larry kicked him upstairs and hired Hicks' little brother to replace him. All part of his master plan to replace everyone at PS&E.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

The Pacers just like every NBA franchise have always suffered injuries to key players and reserves. Just ask Steve Stipanovich, Clark Kellog, Rik Smits, Jonathan Bender, Derrick Mckey, Haywood Workman, Scott Haskins. Al missed time to injury, AD missed time to injury, Tinsley, Crosh, Foster, JO, Ron Mercer,Kenny Anderson, David Harrison, Scot Pollard have all missed significant amounts of time with David Craig as the trainer.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers just like every NBA franchise have always suffered injuries to key players and reserves. Just ask Steve Stipanovich, Clark Kellog, Rik Smits, Jonathan Bender, Derrick Mckey, Haywood Workman, Scott Haskins. Al missed time to injury, AD missed time to injury, Tinsley, Crosh, Foster, JO, Ron Mercer,Kenny Anderson, David Harrison, Scot Pollard have all missed significant amounts of time with David Craig as the trainer.
    Most of these players you talked about had serious knee, foot, ankle injuries or concussions that were a result of actual playing ball and also were out of David Craig's control. Im talking about the flues, sinus infections, hammy problems, muscle pulls, etc... that we have more of in the last couple years. Those type of injuries could be avoided if the right trainer was aboard, and if we have a better conditioning program.

People get sick. I don't see how a trainer can control that. If one guy on a team traveling across the country gets sick chances are more guys are going to get the bug too. The only way to assure no one else gets sick is keep that guy away from the others. Hence, the did not travel with team type injuries. It still doesn't change the fact the Pacers are not immune to injuries no matter who the trainer is.

/blames it on Indiana weather.