View Poll Results: The Best Player Listed is:

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Bibby

    2 3.45%
  • Sam Cassell

    3 5.17%
  • Baron Davis

    4 6.90%
  • T.J. Ford

    0 0%
  • Steve Francis

    0 0%
  • Devin Harris

    1 1.72%
  • Kirk Hinrich

    14 24.14%
  • Mike James

    0 0%
  • Brevin Knight

    1 1.72%
  • Shaun Livingston

    1 1.72%
  • Stephon Marbury

    1 1.72%
  • Andre Miller

    3 5.17%
  • Jameer Nelson

    1 1.72%
  • Tony Parker

    22 37.93%
  • Luke Ridnour

    0 0%
  • Jason Terry

    4 6.90%
  • Jamaal Tinsley

    0 0%
  • Delonte West

    0 0%
  • Deron Williams

    0 0%
  • Jason Williams

    0 0%
  • Other

    1 1.72%
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

  1. #1
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    The goal of this project is to determine the general consensus on Pacers Digest of who the best players are at each position in the NBA: Center, Power Forward, Small Forward, Shooting Guard, and Point Guard.


    However, do not worry about the positions. I have tried to put everyone at their proper position, but what I am trying to do here is vote for the best overall player, at the position I happened to put them. The objective of each poll is to determine the best player listed, not the best pure positional player.

    This thread is to vote for the best remaining point guard in the NBA. You have 24 hours from the time this thread is posted to vote!

    Once each position has 30 players ranked, the project will end, and a final tally will be posted in a new thread.

    The top point guards so far, as voted by Pacers Digest members, are:

    #1 Steve Nash
    #2 Allen Iverson
    #3 Gilbert Arenas
    #4 Chris Paul
    #5 Chauncey Billups
    #6 Jason Kidd

    Today's nominees* for best point guard remaining are:

    Mike Bibby
    Sam Cassell
    Baron Davis
    T.J. Ford
    Steve Francis
    Devin Harris
    Kirk Hinrich
    Allen Iverson
    Mike James
    Brevin Knight
    Shaun Livingston
    Stephon Marbury
    Andre Miller
    Jameer Nelson
    Tony Parker
    Luke Ridnour
    Jason Terry
    Jamaal Tinsley
    Delonte West
    Deron Williams
    Jason Williams

    * I can't please everyone with the position I put certain guys, so the way I see it is this:

    If I've made such a colossal mistake, it can easily be corrected by you, the voter. How? I will always have "Other" as an option. All you have to do is vote for it, and state for the record in a reply which player you thought deserved the vote. If the majority of people do this, then that player will still win this poll. It just takes a little more effort then two clicks of the mouse. But if you're too lazy to do that, then you have no right to whine about it later.

  2. #2
    Member Doug in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    how long are we going to be doing this? the 34th ranked 6th man?
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

  3. #3
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug in OH
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how long are we going to be doing this? the 34th ranked 6th man?
    Until we reach #30.

    Then I'll come up with something to vote for the top 15, maybe 20-25 overall players.

  4. #4
    Member Doug in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Until we reach #30.

    Then I'll come up with something to vote for the top 15, maybe 20-25 overall players.
    Holy crap - you're serious
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    Can we wait a few rounds before adding new people? That list is fairly massive now.

  6. #6
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,924

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    Tony Parker. This one's fairly easy.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  7. #7
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    It won't grow again for a long time I imagine. It's the same difference to me since no one from before has been removed.

  8. #8
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,260
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    I'm still voting for Hinrich here.
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  9. #9
    Rockets
    Guest

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    Kirk Hinrich

  10. #10
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    I'm going to have to go with Tony Parker.

  11. #11
    Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    Tony
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #12
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,959

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    :gill:

    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  13. #13
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It won't grow again for a long time I imagine. It's the same difference to me since no one from before has been removed.
    Did I not ask nicely for you to put :gill: on the list?

  14. #14
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    I voted for Hinrick over Parker because he has a better looking girl friend.

  15. #15
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I voted for Hinrick over Parker because he has a better looking girl friend.
    Wait, are you joking or does Hinrich really have a hot girlfriend? If he does, I gotta see this girl because I have a pretty serious crush on Eva Longoria.

  16. #16
    Member AnotherBirdCreation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    The Jet took his team to The Finals... by beating Tony Parker's team.

  17. #17
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,924

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherBirdCreation
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Jet took his team to The Finals... by beating Tony Parker's team.
    ...and then lost to JWill's team in the finals.

    What's your point?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  18. #18
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,986

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    I'll take Devin Harris over the rest.

    He's just as good as Parker getting into the lane, although he doesn't do it as often, has a better outside shot, and plays better defense.

    Jason Terry is their #2. If he isn't considered the best PG on the team, I don't know how you can vote for him as the better PG period.

  19. #19
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #7 Point Guard

    Went with Frenchie
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •