Thread: Two Tinsley Trades

Rockets

Default Two Tinsley Trades

Tinsley to Cleveland
    Snow to Indiana

Tinsley would be of good use for Cleveland, he can really play with Lebron James and Larry Hughes pace, and be a good perimeter threat for them. As for Indiana, this provides a 2-headed PG suitors, with an all-arounder in Sarunas, and a poised Eric Snow.

Tinsley, Jackson to Denver
    A sign and traded Dermarr Johnson, Reggie Evans and Andre Miller to Indiana

Denver would love Jackson at the 2 spot. He's thier ideal SG, meanwhile at PG they still have Boykins and now Tinsley. For Indiana, Evans is a very efficient player in little time, DerMarr johnson adds another wing athlete with perimeter shooting. Obviously, Andre Miller is the main piece, his all-around skill level and talent can certainly be used here.

Default Re: Two Tinsley Trades

The first one I'm not sold on. Our luck Tinsley goes to Cleveland and stays healthy. Blah.

The second one, I'm all for.

Order more copier toner. Haggard's Avatar

Denver would be giving up too much for Tinsley and wouldn't go for it
    Haggard's Blog: Can't Buy a Basket. Covering the highs and lows of the NBL

I'm sure the Cavs would do that trade but I can't say I want Snow right now, not after the moves we have made.

I don't think Denver does that trade, but what do I know?

I think that the Bucks could be a taker for Jackson. Could we get the expiering of Smith or Booth (if he is still on their team) for Jackson? They want another wing scorer because they are disappointed with Simmions and Jackson is one of the better players on the trade market.

Tinsley is almost impossiable to trade since we dealt Anthony Johnson because now we have to get a point guard in return for Tinsley, IMO. I think about the only way we do that is to trade Tinsley/Jackson for either Marbury or Francis.

Maybe the Rockets would swap Rafer Alston for Tinsley but is that better for us? And I don't even know for sure if the Rockets would do that.

The Timberwolves might take Tinsley (if they want a playmaker and if they think that James can play the 2) but are opitions would be to take Marko Jaric or Troy Hudson.

Would the Sonics swap Earl Watson for Tinsley? I don't know how happy they are with Luke Ridnour. I've always liked Watson's game

streets ahead

i think the more likely houston deal (other than the uber ridiculous one i proposed) would be tinsley for bob sura... both of them are injury prone but sura doesn't have the attitude. i think they'd stick with rafer...plus would that be better for us and i think they'd want Jack over Tinsley?

i agree that denver is giving up too much, although i would approve it from the pacer perspective. reggie evans is big on the defensive end and miller would be more reliable than tinsley both injury-wise and offensively (does have some baggage though). johnson i'm not sure what the benefit for us would be. he doesn't seem to be an extrodinary shooter and doesn't play defense.

i doubt the cavs would do the deal for snow since they've been shopping damon jones for a while. what about a trade with cleveland: tinsley and jack for eric snow and donyell marshall? it would give us the point guard who has experience playing in the finals and marshall gives us a consistant outside threat which we sorely lack now with peja/fred/austin/aj gone.

a few other thoughts...

jackson to washington for antonio daniels
    great defender and has plenty of offensive touch, plays both guard positions well

Jackson for a sign and trade with Charlotte for Jumaine Jones and whatever other parts are needed to make that work (not sure what his contract is like) but Jones would give us an outside shooter with strong defensive presence

Jay Ohh

The first one is terrible. I'm not that desperate to get rid of Jamaal.

Second one I would sell my soul to do, but they still wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ohh
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The first one is terrible. I'm not that desperate to get rid of Jamaal.

Second one I would sell my soul to do, but they still wouldn't.
    What that guy said.

I like the idea of sending Jackson to Washington for Antonio Daniels. Get our resident Wizards fan in here to see if it's something he'd think they'd do.