View Poll Results: The Best Player Listed Is

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carmelo Anthony

    3 4.23%
  • Ron Artest

    24 33.80%
  • Caron Butler

    0 0%
  • Luol Deng

    1 1.41%
  • Al Harrington

    0 0%
  • Grant Hill

    0 0%
  • Josh Howard

    0 0%
  • Richard Jefferson

    1 1.41%
  • Andrei Kirilenko

    17 23.94%
  • Rashard Lewis

    0 0%
  • Tracy McGrady

    24 33.80%
  • Lamar Odom

    0 0%
  • Josh Smith

    0 0%
  • Peja Stojakovic

    0 0%
  • Wally Szczerbiak

    0 0%
  • Gerald Wallace

    0 0%
  • Other

    1 1.41%
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

  1. #1
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    The goal of this project is to determine the general consensus on Pacers Digest of who the best players are at each position in the NBA: Center, Power Forward, Small Forward, Shooting Guard, and Point Guard.

    However, do not worry about the positions. I have tried to put everyone at their proper position, but what I am trying to do here is vote for the best overall player, at the position I happened to put them. The objective of each poll is to determine the best player listed, not the best pure positional player.

    This thread is to vote for best remaining small forward in the NBA. You have 24 hours from the time this thread is posted to vote!

    Once each position has 30 players ranked, the project will end, and a final tally will be posted in a new thread.

    The top small forwards so far, as voted by Pacers Digest members, are:

    #1 LeBron James
    #2 Shawn Marion

    Today's nominees* for best small forward remaining are:

    Carmelo Anthony
    Ron Artest
    Caron Butler
    Luol Deng
    Al Harrington
    Grant Hill
    Josh Howard
    Richard Jefferson
    Andrei Kirilenko
    Rashard Lewis
    Tracy McGrady
    Lamar Odom
    Josh Smith
    Peja Stojakovic
    Wally Szczerbiak
    Gerald Wallace

    * I can't please everyone with the position I put certain guys, so the way I see it is this:

    If I've made such a colossal mistake, it can easily be corrected by you, the voter. How? I will always have "Other" as an option. All you have to do is vote for it, and state for the record in a reply which player you thought deserved the vote. If the majority of people do this, then that player will still win this poll. It just takes a little more effort then two clicks of the mouse. But if you're too lazy to do that, then you have no right to whine about it later.

  2. #2
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,986

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    WOOHOO! First voter!

  3. #3
    Member Horseman872's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Age
    27
    Posts
    138

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    Gotta go with AK47 still. Great game, cool name, and he's got country fame.

  4. #4
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    For #2, I voted Shawn although it was a tough one between he and Ron.

    Yeah, I guess I'll go with Ron now.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere..near Fishers
    Age
    37
    Posts
    902

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    AK47 should have been #2, McGrady 3, Marion 4 and Artest 5..so I'm voting AK-47 again.

  6. #6
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,924

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    I thought Ron should have been #2, so he's getting my vote every turn until he wins.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  7. #7
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    Because McGrady has a badly iffy back I had to go with Artest.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  8. #8
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    A healthy Tracy McGrady
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  9. #9
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,260
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    Does somebody want to tell me how Ron is better than AK47? Maybe I'm going out on a limb here but this seems to be that "sympathy" vote KStat was talking about.
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  10. #10
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    I'll admit I haven't seen as much of AK47 as I'd like, but what's his offense have that Ron's doesn't? Is he a better passer? Does he handle the ball?

    His defense may be great (I've never seen him clamp down a Pacer, so I don't know; I'll take people's word for it), but I'll take Ronnie locking someone down over anybody.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    I would love every other team in the NBA having Ron Artest on their roster.

  12. #12
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does somebody want to tell me how Ron is better than AK47? Maybe I'm going out on a limb here but this seems to be that "sympathy" vote KStat was talking about.
    Yeah...And I'm not sure how Ron Artest is getting sympathy votes around here from Pacers fans. I'd expect him to not even make the top 6-7 out of "spite" no votes, instead.

    I'm also surprised by the lack of support for Carmelo. I'm not the guy's biggest fan, but I thought a lot of other people were. I guess 27 ppg, 5 rpg and 3 apg on 48% shooting doesn't get you as far as it used to.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  13. #13
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,260
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll admit I haven't seen as much of AK47 as I'd like, but what's his offense have that Ron's doesn't? Is he a better passer? Does he handle the ball?

    His defense may be great (I've never seen him clamp down a Pacer, so I don't know; I'll take people's word for it), but I'll take Ronnie locking someone down over anybody.
    I just think he is an overall better player. He is the best player on the team and is constantly double teamed while in the post. And also he sees alot of help defense when he slashes. Ron hasn't experienced that type of defense because he was the third option as a Pacer. IMO.
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  14. #14
    Member Horseman872's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Age
    27
    Posts
    138

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    AK47 is a much better passer than Artest. He's extremely creative with the ball and it always goes to where it needs to be. If you look at some pretty assist highlights from last year, you'll be sure to see his no-look-between-the-legs bounce pass to an open teammate in the low post from the high post that goes by like 2 or 3 defenders. Also, there's another one of him diving to the floor for a loose ball and flipping it around his back to a wide open Giricek I believe who was running down the floor on a fast break. Only two passes you say? well those are highlight-reel passes, I'd like to see Ron do one of those, and AK47 still passes regularly/normally. He also plays under control, and I like that in a player. He's got long arms to block shots and he hustles every play. I would be thrilled if AK47 came here, but I know he won't. Utah wouldn't let him go.

  15. #15
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    AK47 will never be the difference-maker T-Mac or Ron are. I don't see him ever leading Utah to anything big. And so, my vote goes to Ron Artest and then Tracy McGrady.

  16. #16
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    T-Mac

    This dude is the truth
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  17. #17
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,986

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just think he is an overall better player. He is the best player on the team and is constantly double teamed while in the post. And also he sees alot of help defense when he slashes. Ron hasn't experienced that type of defense because he was the third option as a Pacer. IMO.
    Did you miss the entire Sac run, once Ron got there? The Kings winning % went up by over 20%.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Vote: #3 Small Forward in the NBA

    I'm a little upset that guys like Wally World and Josh Smith (and others) are on this list but not Prince... Not that he's the #3, but he's better than a good portion of those players.

    BTW, the answer is a healthy T-Mac, then a sane Artest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •