Thread: Pacers should have Pollard Flagrant foul Pierce

Default Pacers should have Pollard Flagrant foul Pierce

I want Pollard to put Pierce ON HIS BACK in game 2 and see that P###Y coach of Boston react then.

C. Neil Milton

Zesty

Default Re: Pacers should have Pollard Flagrant foul Pierce

Why? We don't need to stoop to their leve.
    Exactly.

Violence isn't the answer.

The way we can best "get back" at the Celtics is to totally whomp them tomorrow night, even without our 2nd best player.

I want Pollard to put Pierce ON HIS BACK in game 2 and see that P###Y coach of Boston react then.

C. Neil Milton
    Guys, seriously, crap like this is getting old. Why would anyone on the Pacers do something so stupid. Artest getting suspended sucks, what Hunter did to JO suck, but let it freaking go. The Pacers will win without Artest, it will be tougher, but you don't think the Pacers will come out with fire from the start tomorrow? Why the F*@k would we take a cheap shot? That is just plain stupid and ignorant. I have seen this suggestion about 4 times now and it pisses me off everytime I see such a simpleton attitude.

The Pacers have played basketball the right way all year, why change now. That would be playing right into Boston's hands. They can't beat us with or without Artest. I sure as hell feel sorry for Pierce when Artest gets back on Friday, he'll be lucky to even touch the ball.

MarcD
    "Because clever got me this far, then tricky got me in..."

My problem is that Jason Collins INTENTIALLY laid out TIm Thomas in the Nets/Knicks game (I was there and personally observed Collins play the man instead of the ball). He's not fined, suspended, or disciplined in any way what-so-ever. Additionally, Richard Jefferson takes a step onto the court (leaving the bench area), and is not suspended.

What's this have to do with the Celtics/Pacers, you ask? Plenty.

The NBA gives Artest a one game suspension for taking 3 steps onto the court. That, my friends, is called a double standard. So, in essence, I am calling for Pierce to receive the same treatment Mr. Thomas received (and, trust me, Tim was in bad shape in the locker room. He left on a gurney in an ambulance 45 minutes after the game. Media was not permitted anywhere near the room where they were working on him) This sends a message to not only the Celtics not to mess with our franchise player, not only to the other teams in the playoffs to not mess with out franchise player, but also to the NBA that if another team is messing with O'Neal without the league doing something about, the Pacers will handle the matter outlaw style. The NBA has set the precedent that an intentional foul will not merit a suspension, so, therefore, justice will be meted out on the court.

C. Neil Milton

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I want absolutely no part of what you're suggesting. What Boston did with thier use of Hunter was deplorable. There's no reason for us to sink to their level. What would that prove, that we can be thugs too. Didn't we prove that last season?

I hope this thread dies, and I apologize for contributing to it.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My problem is that Jason Collins INTENTIALLY laid out TIm Thomas in the Nets/Knicks game (I was there and personally observed Collins play the man instead of the ball). He's not fined, suspended, or disciplined in any way what-so-ever. Additionally, Richard Jefferson takes a step onto the court (leaving the bench area), and is not suspended.

What's this have to do with the Celtics/Pacers, you ask? Plenty.

The NBA gives Artest a one game suspension for taking 3 steps onto the court. That, my friends, is called a double standard. So, in essence, I am calling for Pierce to receive the same treatment Mr. Thomas received (and, trust me, Tim was in bad shape in the locker room. He left on a gurney in an ambulance 45 minutes after the game. Media was not permitted anywhere near the room where they were working on him) This sends a message to not only the Celtics not to mess with our franchise player, not only to the other teams in the playoffs to not mess with out franchise player, but also to the NBA that if another team is messing with O'Neal without the league doing something about, the Pacers will handle the matter outlaw style. The NBA has set the precedent that an intentional foul will not merit a suspension, so, therefore, justice will be meted out on the court.

C. Neil Milton
    Um, Hunter sent JO to the hospital? Didn't know that. He seemed just fine to me.

That post lacks the class the pacers team and this forum have exibited all season. A word of advice if you plan to stick around: try to conform to it. Dirty play isn't recevied well here especially, given past years.

Most people here are being too kind to you. What you're asking is to sink BELOW the Celtics' level. All they tried to do was **** Oneal off enough to get him ejected. You want to intenionally INJURE the other team's star player. Thats just classless.

BTW, people intentionally foul each other all the time. Jermaine was not in a position to be hurt, as Thomas was. Its not even a good analogy.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Listen, this entire situation stinks, but I'm confident in the Pacers' ability to send a message to the Celtics the old fashioned way--by outthinking, outhustling, and simply outplaying them. Any retrubition will be paid in full when the final horn sounds, signifying a Pacers' victory. Let that be our response.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

uhhh xcuse me?

When i made this "suggestion" in another thread I made pretty sure there were smileys all over the place, just to make DAMN SURE that it could not be interpreted seriously. It was meant sarcastic and sarcasm is meant to be a darker form of humor shared by the more intelligent part of mankind ()

To even consider that such was serious is so sick that those doing that should immediately seek serious help.

To propose such an action with any serious consideration is subjec to the same diagnoses, it is sick.

This is life, not a movie.

I can understand people being sick of this, people being upset about this, but as I posted in a serious thread, this will only bring out the best from the Pacers, they will absolutely go to town on Boston tomorrow and annihilate whatever hopes they had of even getting close.

Carrol made a mistake, one that not only makes sure this series will never be close to serious (trust me this is THE motivation to close the series out in their place) but one that will also make sure that once his *** is out of Boston it is not likely to find a seat anywhere else in this league.

GM's have a long memory and collegues to, no one would want to work with a moron like that, that much faith I have in the average GM and HC in this league.

Boston fans are disgusted by what he did, what do you think others think of him and his "brilliant" move?

That in itself (all of the above) is so sweet a revenge that it is more then we need and more then we could ask for.

Please consider using your brain before you advertise violence, there's more then enough of that in this world to cover for all and to keep this beautifull sport and this great team free of it.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

able is correct. As I posted on another thread I snuck over the Celts board and they are pissed Carroll even pursued this.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I'm must not be explaining myself very well.

Today, the NBA, through it's actions, has made a statement that a hard, deliberate foul (which led to a player (Tim Thomas) probably having his season ended with multiple back contusions and a bone bruise on his ankle) is a less serious offense than a player taking 3 steps onto the court.

I am not calling for the Pacers to send Pierce to the hospital. I'm not calling for Paul to be hurt. Paul has had a rough enough life as it is.

What I am saying, is that if the NBA is allowing this type of thuggish action without league discipline (Jason Collins brutal foul on Thomas, and to a much lesser extent, Hunter throwing Jermaine down to the ground) it will be left to the players to defend themselves and their teammates. Therefore, like in Hockey, like in Baseball (Beanball), it MAY become essential for the Pacers to show that they will not accept cheap, thuggish fouls with no retribution.

C. Neil Milton

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

I'll say it again...they should all take a lesson from Karl Malone. Bide your time, pick your place and your means, the opportunity will come and the message will be delivered.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Personally it disappoints me to see someone who is a Pacers fan suggest such action. All this would do is get the refs on our backs and we would defintely get alot more fouls called on us , just like when ron got his rep last year he got alot of questionable fouls just because of his rep.

Our sweetest revenge will be giving the Celtics a hometown *** whipping without Artest and showing them it doesn't matter we can still beat them. I am sure the League has already spoken to the refs for this game and both teams will be under the microscope.

Stooping to there level is the worsest thing we could do, it just shows poor sportsmanship.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I'm must not be explaining myself very well.
    My problem is that Jason Collins INTENTIALLY laid out TIm Thomas in the Nets/Knicks game -snip-

So, in essence, I am calling for Pierce to receive the same treatment Mr. Thomas received (and, trust me, Tim was in bad shape in the locker room. He left on a gurney in an ambulance 45 minutes after the game. Media was not permitted anywhere near the room where they were working on him)

No, you were pretty clear. And it was clearly (1) disgusting, and (2) bad sportsmanship.

You didn't clarify, since clarity wasn't the issue. You backpeddled from a disgusting post.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I'm not in favor of any form of retribution other than kicking their asses on the scoreboard. But I do think there will be a few worried looks if Pollard checks into the game. Pollard + Celtic expressions = Priceless!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

To the posters on this website, I want to apologize for this thread.

I reread my initial post, and it is very disgusting the way it reads. I honestly did not mean it the way it reads.

This is a good example of why one should read what one types before submitting it for others to read.

Again, my most sincere apologies, and thank you to Jay@section222 for really pointing out how deplorable it reads

Pollard: Why did you go to the league? Why didn't you come to me first?
    Carlisle: What do you want of me? Tell me anything, but do what I beg you to do.
    Pollard: What is that? (Carlisle whispers his request in the Center's ear.) That I cannot do.
    Carlisle: I will give you anything you ask.
    Pollard: We've known each other many years, but this is the first time you ever came to me for counsel or for help. I can't remember the last time that you invited me to your house for a cup of coffee, even though my wife is godmother to your only child. But let's be frank here. You never wanted my friendship. And uh, you were afraid to be in my debt.
    Carlisle: I didn't want to get into trouble.
    Pollard: I understand. You found paradise in America, you had a good team, you made a good living. The league protected you and there were courts of law. And you didn't need a friend like me. But uh, now you come to me and you say - 'Scott Pollard, give me justice.' But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me Godfather. Instead, you come into my house on the day of the second playoff game, and you, uh, ask me to flagrant foul for money.
    Carlisle: I ask you for justice.
    Pollard: That is not justice. JO didn't go to the hospital.
    Carlisle: Let them suffer then, as JO suffers. How much shall I pay you?
    Pollard(after standing and turning his back): Carlisle, Carlisle. What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, then this scum that threw down your power forward would be suffering this very day. And if by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you.
    Carlisle: Be my friend - - Godfather. (Pollard shrugs. Carlisle bows toward the Center and kisses the Centers's hand.)
    Pollard: Good. (The Center puts his hand on Carlisle's shoulder.) Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But uh, until that day - accept this justice as a gift on the day of the second playoff game.
    Carlisle: Grazie, Godfather.
    Pollard: Prego.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Mood

I'd be happy with rock solid picks.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Some people have too much talent to be wasting it on a website.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I'm assuming everybody saw that coming......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I'm assuming everybody saw that coming......
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association