Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's gotten quiet

Default It's gotten quiet

Makes me think talks have gotten more serious. I hope so.

Default Re: It's gotten quiet

Quiet before the storm, man.

Too quiet....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The problem is that until Al goes, nothing else of significance happens in the entire league. And because the Hawks control all, we are in for a long ride. They will stretch this out too long, forcing the Pacers or Warriors to look in another direction and ruining their bargaining position. It is like a big game of chicken.

A lot of teams are probably waiting for the Al and AI deals to happen before making their own moves.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is that until Al goes, nothing else of significance happens in the entire league. And because the Hawks control all, we are in for a long ride. They will stretch this out too long, forcing the Pacers or Warriors to look in another direction and ruining their bargaining position. It is like a big game of chicken.
    As soon as Iverson falls, all the other chips will fall too.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    Thats exactly my thoughts.......once Iverson is gone.......many of these teams that are involved in the Harrington Sweepstakes should be free to make their moves as I suspect that some of them ( Warriors, Nuggets,.....even the Hawks ) are looking into the possiblity of acquring Iverson as well.

Once Iverson is traded.....he will directly...and indirectly affect any team involved with Harrington.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    Thats exactly my thoughts.......once Iverson is gone.......many of these teams that are involved in the Harrington Sweepstakes should be free to make their moves as I suspect that some of them ( Warriors, Nuggets,.....even the Hawks ) are looking into the possiblity of acquring Iverson as well.

Once Iverson is traded.....he will directly...and indirectly affect any team involved with Harrington.
    What if Iverson doesn't go anywhere? It is really frightening that the management of the Sixers and Hawks control the direction of the entire NBA offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I really don't know what you mean by more serious since players have already changed teams.

I think what it is is the easy trades have been done and now teams are playing hardball with each other. If this off season is like others there will be a few more trades during the Summer and then another flurry of trades just before the season starts when teams fill out their rosters.

I know I am about the only one in here who hopes Al goes to the Warriors. That would be all we need with Jax, JO, and Al all wanting the ball to throw at the basket. Great combo

Yes that could be true. Considering both GS and ATL have been rumored to be interested in AI, that could have an effect on Harrington's situation as well.

Sometimes silence means nothing , but considering how hard Indiana has been allegedly pursuing Harrington, for nothing of note to be mentioned for this long, anywhere, certainly suggests they may have come to a take it or leave it point,perhaps?

Even the GS papers that were basically regurgitating each other's columns, have written nothing new for awhile.

It's like the Rumor Mill has come to a grinding halt for now.

For reference I was looking back to last year, our rumored interest in pursusing Sarunas started around the same time that the Harrington rumors did this year. And the first leaks of Sarunas signing with us was around July 25, 2005.

Why Not Us ?

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks

Did you say something?

I hate how Al and AI look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by tdubb03
    I hate how Al and AI look the same.
    That's why I wrote Iverson.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection
    What if Iverson doesn't go anywhere? It is really frightening that the management of the Sixers and Hawks control the direction of the entire NBA offseason.
    Yeah...no kidding.

From what I have read.....you're right...its entirely possible that Iverson stays with the Sixers......but "experts" seems to think that Iverson will end up somwhere else.

Now...if the Hawks are waiting on the Sixers to finally make their move.....then that would suck.

I would hope that at some point....someone just cracks and gives in to someone so that we can move on.

I guess that this is how the entire league felt last season when Walsh/Bird was holding up all the Trade Deadline talks with all that Artest talk.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    I really don't know what you mean by more serious since players have already changed teams.

I think what it is is the easy trades have been done and now teams are playing hardball with each other. If this off season is like others there will be a few more trades during the Summer and then another flurry of trades just before the season starts when teams fill out their rosters.
    I'm talking about the Pacers/Harrington chatter.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OTD
    I know I am about the only one in here who hopes Al goes to the Warriors. That would be all we need with Jax, JO, and Al all wanting the ball to throw at the basket. Great combo
    That's why many of us are praying that SJax will be moved before the start of the season and that Walsh/Bird lurk here on PD to get their ideas about what their next move should be.

I hate this time of year, all talk, no action.

"Like [Jonathan Bender], AMC's Pacer was supposed to be fitted with a rotary engine--but both rotaries had technical problems late in their development (read: after incurring heavy research costs) that prevented them from seeing the light of day. Of course, both vehicles had plenty of problems that did reach production. The Pacer was a dud in terms of quality, execution and particularly styling. Make your own assessment about its bizarre proportions, but don't miss the one door that's bigger than the other."

That's why many of us are praying that SJax will be moved before the start of the season and that Walsh/Bird lurk here on PD to get their ideas about what their next move should be.
    I kind of don't want Jack to be traded...is that bad? I think Tinsley is worse. At least Jack is more reliable and, to be fair, we are getting a players' coach, which Jack sorely needs.

Sports Logo

I kind of don't want Jack to be traded...is that bad?
    Yes...it is bad...really bad. You should go into the corner and count to 10 for thinking such bad thoughts.....

J/K........sort of....let me know when you are done counting to 10 young man....

At least Jack is more reliable and, to be fair, we are getting a players' coach, which Jack sorely needs.
    Unless this Assistant coach can knock some sense into him......Carlisle is still the running the team...and we know how muc of a "players coach" he is. I really hope that what we saw of the coaching staff....when they pulled White off the court for arguing.....I don't know to expect from Carlisle if SJax is still on the team AND he starts arguing to the ref again.

I have to see Carlisle yanking SJax from the court before I believe that anything has changed.

Mood

its going to be a very interesting summer to say the least, ill be in pins and needles until some action happens and i know for sure what our roster will look like for next season
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    Yes that could be true. Considering both GS and ATL have been rumored to be interested in AI, that could have an effect on Harrington's situation as well.
    GS has said they are not interested in AI, and I read just a couple days ago that Billy Knight has finally convinced the Atlanta owners that getting AI wouldn't be a good deal.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    GS has said they are not interested in AI, and I read just a couple days ago that Billy Knight has finally convinced the Atlanta owners that getting AI wouldn't be a good deal.
    This entire summer hinges on Al Harrington. Right now, Billy Knight holds the cards and is trying to out fox everyone. However, eventually either Golden State or the Pacers are going to go in another direction and Billy Knight will be left holding those cards and which ever team blinks last will get a really good deal on Al Harrington.

Unless this Assistant coach can knock some sense into him......Carlisle is still the running the team...and we know how muc of a "players coach" he is. I really hope that what we saw of the coaching staff....when they pulled White off the court for arguing.....I don't know to expect from Carlisle if SJax is still on the team AND he starts arguing to the ref again.

I have to see Carlisle yanking SJax from the court before I believe that anything has changed.
    Who exactly was Carlisle supposed to play at SG instead of Jackson?

The signing of Daniels makes it completely plausible that Carlisle will deal more strictly with Jackson this year. Carlisle now has someone he can actually put in the game and still stand a chance of winning.