Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46

Thread: It's gotten quiet

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default It's gotten quiet

    Makes me think talks have gotten more serious. I hope so.

  2. #2
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Quiet before the storm, man.

  3. #3

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Too quiet....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,663
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    The problem is that until Al goes, nothing else of significance happens in the entire league. And because the Hawks control all, we are in for a long ride. They will stretch this out too long, forcing the Pacers or Warriors to look in another direction and ruining their bargaining position. It is like a big game of chicken.

  5. #5
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is that until Al goes, nothing else of significance happens in the entire league. And because the Hawks control all, we are in for a long ride. They will stretch this out too long, forcing the Pacers or Warriors to look in another direction and ruining their bargaining position. It is like a big game of chicken.
    As soon as Iverson falls, all the other chips will fall too.

  6. #6
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,532

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As soon as Iverson falls, all the other chips will fall too.
    Thats exactly my thoughts.......once Iverson is gone.......many of these teams that are involved in the Harrington Sweepstakes should be free to make their moves as I suspect that some of them ( Warriors, Nuggets,.....even the Hawks ) are looking into the possiblity of acquring Iverson as well.

    Once Iverson is traded.....he will directly...and indirectly affect any team involved with Harrington.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,663
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats exactly my thoughts.......once Iverson is gone.......many of these teams that are involved in the Harrington Sweepstakes should be free to make their moves as I suspect that some of them ( Warriors, Nuggets,.....even the Hawks ) are looking into the possiblity of acquring Iverson as well.

    Once Iverson is traded.....he will directly...and indirectly affect any team involved with Harrington.
    What if Iverson doesn't go anywhere? It is really frightening that the management of the Sixers and Hawks control the direction of the entire NBA offseason.

  8. #8
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,532

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if Iverson doesn't go anywhere? It is really frightening that the management of the Sixers and Hawks control the direction of the entire NBA offseason.
    Yeah...no kidding.

    From what I have read.....you're right...its entirely possible that Iverson stays with the Sixers......but "experts" seems to think that Iverson will end up somwhere else.

    Now...if the Hawks are waiting on the Sixers to finally make their move.....then that would suck.

    I would hope that at some point....someone just cracks and gives in to someone so that we can move on.

    I guess that this is how the entire league felt last season when Walsh/Bird was holding up all the Trade Deadline talks with all that Artest talk.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. #9
    Member OTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    81
    Posts
    206

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    I know I am about the only one in here who hopes Al goes to the Warriors. That would be all we need with Jax, JO, and Al all wanting the ball to throw at the basket. Great combo

  10. #10
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,532

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by OTD
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know I am about the only one in here who hopes Al goes to the Warriors. That would be all we need with Jax, JO, and Al all wanting the ball to throw at the basket. Great combo
    That's why many of us are praying that SJax will be moved before the start of the season and that Walsh/Bird lurk here on PD to get their ideas about what their next move should be.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  11. #11
    Member Ultimate Frisbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,374

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by OTD
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know I am about the only one in here who hopes Al goes to the Warriors. That would be all we need with Jax, JO, and Al all wanting the ball to throw at the basket. Great combo
    I'm with you... Not a big Al fan... If we were able to get him for MLE... great, otherwise, too much!! Of course, I could eat my words in the future, but I don't think Al has what we need to fix the team.
    Here, everyone have a : on me

  12. #12
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As soon as Iverson falls, all the other chips will fall too.
    Yes that could be true. Considering both GS and ATL have been rumored to be interested in AI, that could have an effect on Harrington's situation as well.

    Sometimes silence means nothing , but considering how hard Indiana has been allegedly pursuing Harrington, for nothing of note to be mentioned for this long, anywhere, certainly suggests they may have come to a take it or leave it point,perhaps?

    Even the GS papers that were basically regurgitating each other's columns, have written nothing new for awhile.

    It's like the Rumor Mill has come to a grinding halt for now.

    For reference I was looking back to last year, our rumored interest in pursusing Sarunas started around the same time that the Harrington rumors did this year. And the first leaks of Sarunas signing with us was around July 25, 2005.

    Why Not Us ?


  13. #13
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes that could be true. Considering both GS and ATL have been rumored to be interested in AI, that could have an effect on Harrington's situation as well.
    GS has said they are not interested in AI, and I read just a couple days ago that Billy Knight has finally convinced the Atlanta owners that getting AI wouldn't be a good deal.

  14. #14
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,663
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GS has said they are not interested in AI, and I read just a couple days ago that Billy Knight has finally convinced the Atlanta owners that getting AI wouldn't be a good deal.
    This entire summer hinges on Al Harrington. Right now, Billy Knight holds the cards and is trying to out fox everyone. However, eventually either Golden State or the Pacers are going to go in another direction and Billy Knight will be left holding those cards and which ever team blinks last will get a really good deal on Al Harrington.

  15. #15
    Tim
    Guest

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is that until Al goes, nothing else of significance happens in the entire league. And because the Hawks control all, we are in for a long ride. They will stretch this out too long, forcing the Pacers or Warriors to look in another direction and ruining their bargaining position. It is like a big game of chicken.

    I think what is happening is the Hawks are on the phone trying to work a deal with TE they would get from us.

    Also, the Pacers are also fielding calls, Bird claims more moves are likely so his phone should be ringing alot. At least we hope.

    I would guess Al has most of the deal worked out but its still dependant on other teams playing along.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by OTD
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know I am about the only one in here who hopes Al goes to the Warriors. That would be all we need with Jax, JO, and Al all wanting the ball to throw at the basket. Great combo

    The last time Al played here, people complained that Ron, Al and JO wasn't the right mix, yet they were able to play at a high level with consistency the team has not been able to duplicate since since Al left.

    I don't want Al back for selfish reasons, I want next season dedicated to the development of Granger. I do not believe the team can win, nor can they make the off season moves to win next season. So its all about development.

  16. #16
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    A lot of teams are probably waiting for the Al and AI deals to happen before making their own moves.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  17. #17
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  18. #18
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Makes me think talks have gotten more serious. I hope so.
    I really don't know what you mean by more serious since players have already changed teams.

    I think what it is is the easy trades have been done and now teams are playing hardball with each other. If this off season is like others there will be a few more trades during the Summer and then another flurry of trades just before the season starts when teams fill out their rosters.

  19. #19
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't know what you mean by more serious since players have already changed teams.

    I think what it is is the easy trades have been done and now teams are playing hardball with each other. If this off season is like others there will be a few more trades during the Summer and then another flurry of trades just before the season starts when teams fill out their rosters.
    I'm talking about the Pacers/Harrington chatter.

  20. #20
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't know what you mean by more serious since players have already changed teams.
    I think he means specifically the Pacers dealings (edit - how did I miss Hicks response?). After lots of rumor buzz the last few days have brought that to an end, as though they are starting to really hash out a potential deal.

    Either that or the agents hit a wall and gave up trying to create their own deals via the press. I happen to think that where there is a ton of smoke, there is probably at least a small fire.

    So I think some Harrington number crunching has been going on in an effort to make things work, or the hardball ramped up and people started delaying their phone responses "just t' show em".

    A little between GMs probably.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbjjbjjb
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who exactly was Carlisle supposed to play at SG instead of Jackson?

    The signing of Daniels makes it completely plausible that Carlisle will deal more strictly with Jackson this year. Carlisle now has someone he can actually put in the game and still stand a chance of winning.
    Totally agree



    -Phil, a life-long closet A.I. fan
    You should swing by Bellflower and get that checked out.

  21. #21
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Makes me think talks have gotten more serious. I hope so.


    Did you say something?


  22. #22
    Member tdubb03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    I hate how Al and AI look the same.

  23. #23
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by tdubb03
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate how Al and AI look the same.
    That's why I wrote Iverson.

  24. #24
    Never Give Up aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,343
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    its going to be a very interesting summer to say the least, ill be in pins and needles until some action happens and i know for sure what our roster will look like for next season
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

  25. #25
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's gotten quiet

    BOOOO-RING.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •