Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Curious....

Default Just Curious....

Is anyone in here an athiest or agnostic?

I am athiest and just curious if anyone else shares the same (non) beliefs.
    I have never really had any reason to believe otherwise.
    then: adverb - at that time; at the time in question

than: conjunction & preposition - introducing the second element in a comparison

Default Re: Just Curious....

I suggest Jermainism, it will turn your life around.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm agnostic. I can't say what I believe one way or another, because I have absolutely no idea. Anything is plausible, but I think its very likely that we are just a growth, and a complete accident. There is no reason or meaning to life.

I can't say that I know that for sure, which is why I don't say that I'm "atheist" but its the most likely scenario in my opinion.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Atheist here. While I respect the various religious beliefs of everyone, I do not share any of them.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

I grew up Christian and was very serious about it most of my life. In recent years, I've mostly walked away from it for various reasons.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac@Section216
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm agnostic. I can't say what I believe one way or another, because I have absolutely no idea. Anything is plausible, but I think its very likely that we are just a growth, and a complete accident. There is no reason or meaning to life.

I can't say that I know that for sure, which is why I don't say that I'm "atheist" but its the most likely scenario in my opinion.
    I'm similar to this.

But I will say, I respect most other's beliefs unless they just plain don't make any sense what so ever. I won't state any of those I find to be nonsense to avoid offending anyone....

Here's a thread from last August about this. It has some good stuff in it and is worth a read.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14389

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Atheist.

I too consider myself an Atheist, but I married a person of faith & understand why that is important to some.

You guys need Jesus.

I bow only to Jeebus....

I'm in this camp.

Was raised Christian. Agnostic now.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Raised Christian, became agnostic, sometimes I feel atheist. I am dabbling in a type of Buddhism that doesn't involve belief in anything supernatural. It's a philosophy more than a religion.

Mood

I'm Christian slash hardcore Pacers fan, lol
    The NBA ... it's fannnnnnnnn-tastic! I LOVE this game!

Raised a buddhist, now I'm not so sure what's going on.

Mood

raised non religiously, became christian, not sure as of now
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Mood

Raised Catholic, then became an atheist, then agnostic, then flip flopped between atheist and agnostic, then a believer in a God/Gods but didn't choose a side, then christian, and then back to Catholic.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Let me put the snakes back in the coolers and address this topic....

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Banned

^^^^What he said. I believe in right and wrong..that regardless of who's right, whether it be the Hebrews, Catholics, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, etc, etc....that if there is a God, then He isn't a vengeful God and would not be so consumed with pride that you wouldn't get into heaven simply because you didn't worship him....you would be judged on the entirety of your actions.

[QUOTE=Chauncey]^^^^What he said. I believe in right and wrong..that regardless of who's right, whether it be the Hebrews, Catholics, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, etc, etc....that if there is a God, then He isn't a vengeful God and would not be so consumed with pride that you wouldn't get into heaven simply because you didn't worship him....you would be judged on the entirety of your actions.[/QUOTE]

Well, one would think so. It makes perfect sense to me, but then since your sins are forgiven, it doesn't matter how you have behaved, ONLY that you have faith. This is what sticks in my craw. Am I confused? Good deeds and behavior matter less than faith alone? Anybody with some religious experience care to school me on this?

Oh good (God), now I'm getting religious advice over the internet.
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead Warrior
    Well, one would think so. It makes perfect sense to me, but then since your sins are forgiven, it doesn't matter how you have behaved, ONLY that you have faith. This is what sticks in my craw. Am I confused? Good deeds and behavior matter less than faith alone? Anybody with some religious experience care to school me on this?

Oh good (God), now I'm getting religious advice over the internet.
    James 2:14-26

What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless. Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

* Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

not an atheist but no completely specified religion.. just believe there is a god and thats all i believe i need

Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned
    James 2:14-26

What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe thatóand shudder.

You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless. Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

THANK YOU!

Nowwwww, what about deeds without faith? Is it possible for a person to be on good behavior, do good deeds, and still be confused or doubtful about his faith? i.e. Do the deeds confirm the faith, even if the individual is uncertain he has faith?

I assume a person can say he is agnostic, but still perform at the same level as someone who has strong faith, therefore both faith and deeds are needed.

Thanks for the scripture. Got any others?
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead Warrior
    THANK YOU!

Nowwwww, what about deeds without faith? Is it possible for a person to be on good behavior, do good deeds, and still be confused or doubtful about his faith? i.e. Do the deeds confirm the faith, even if the individual is uncertain he has faith?

I assume a person can say he is agnostic, but still perform at the same level as someone who has strong faith, therefore both faith and deeds are needed.

Thanks for the scripture. Got any others?
    "The free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23)

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast" (Ephesians 2:8,9).

The most common misconception about being accepted by God and entering into heaven, and perhaps the most common misconception about Christianity in general, is that God's approval is something which has to be earned or merited. He will only love us and accept us if we happen to be good enough.
    God doesn't judge by the number of good deeds you do, or the number of bad. A person can only sin once, doubtful but this is theoretically, and do thousands upon thousands of good things, and if he doesn't believe in that Jesus was sent to absolve us of our sins he won't have a place in Heaven.

http://www.christianity.co.nz/faith1.htm