Thread: Bulls sign A.Griffin

Default Bulls sign A.Griffin

I always liked Griffin. If Flight comes on as fast as I think he will, we'd have no place for him. Still, this is a decent pickup for the Bulls.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....1b97c96e.html
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bulls sign A.Griffin

Bulls are going to be really tough next year. Props to their management for really turning the franchise around

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That means Croshere will get to wear #44. Griffin had it last year with Dallas.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow the could b great next year.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Sports Logo

Paxson just won the award for the most moves made by a GM for the 2006 offseason.

Geez......how many more players can they stick onto that roster?

They are likely to get a taker for Duhon ( while tagging on Sweetney ).....I can see them moving Deng or Nocioni....as they are stacked at SF with Griffin and there are even rumors of JR Smith being waived.

The only real concern that I would have ( if I were the Bulls ) is that if they move Duhon...they will be thin at the PG spot with Thabo ( the rookie they drafted ) alongside Gordon ( who is more a SG then a PG ) to backup Hinrich.

Other then the PG spot...they are pretty much 3-deep in every position.

I think they have good Playoff experience....but I really wonder if they are build more the for regular season...rather then the Playoffs.....much like the Mavs were a few seasons ago.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Steve McQueen

Bulls should be a very impressive defensive team, but I cant recall ever seeing a worse offensive team on paper. Ben got by with being a huge offensive liability in Detroit because the Pistons had 4 good scorers around him, Chicago does not. I say the Bulls win 45 games next year and try to dump Bens contract within 3 years.

I think they made a huge mistake not going after Al Harrington. I would have overpaid him to get him and kept Tyson Chandler. I really don't understand what they did there. Oh well...I'm not complaining.

Steve McQueen

It says Chicago\'s trading J.R. Smith to Denver for two 2nd rounders and the non-guranteed contract of Howard Eisley, whom the Bulls will waive.

J.R. Smith is starting to look like the new J.R. Rider.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It says Chicago\'s trading J.R. Smith to Denver for two 2nd rounders and the non-guranteed contract of Howard Eisley, whom the Bulls will waive.

J.R. Smith is starting to look like the new J.R. Rider.
    I don't get the sense that the JR Smith is like JR Rider. When he was with the Hornets....I got the sense that he simply fell out of favor with Byron Scott....most notably after Baron Davis got traded ( apparently...after watching some NBA special about him....BDiddy was a good friend and mentor to him ). I don't know if he falls into the JR Rider catagory quite yet....but he's still young. As to why he maybe moved to Denver......he just doesn't fit into the Bulls plans.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Where does it say anything about JR?
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

There's a story in the Chicago Tribune today about the trade, including the JR Smith-to-Denver stuff.

It talks in part about how Skiles is looking for veteran leadership: PJ Brown, Ben Wallace, Griffin. Who do the Pacers have like that, or who can they get?

Quote Originally Posted by jjbjjbjjb
    There's a story in the Chicago Tribune today about the trade, including the JR Smith-to-Denver stuff.

It talks in part about how Skiles is looking for veteran leadership: PJ Brown, Ben Wallace, Griffin. Who do the Pacers have like that, or who can they get?
    Al Harrington.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jjbjjbjjb

Jamaal Tinsley and Stephen Jackson are both seasoned veterans. I'd take Hinrich or Gordon for either of them.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Bulls will be a very interesting team. They will be a defensive juggernaut no doubt, but offensively it'll be another story. In Deng, Hinrich, Gordon, and Nocioni, they have pure wing players who can score. But all 4 of those guys' games come via penetration and taking their man off the dribble. With that said, teams are probably going to clog the lane against them forcing the game into a low-scoring affair. Look for Ben Gordon to be the 4th quarter hero/scapegoat for the Bulls next season.

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy
    Jamaal Tinsley and Stephen Jackson are both seasoned veterans. I'd take Hinrich or Gordon for either of them.
    Are you kidding? I'd trade Tinsley and Jackson together for either of those guys.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!