Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Donnie Walsh worships "Satan"

Default Donnie Walsh worships "Satan"

This was touched upon in the Daniels article, but I'm watching the video, and Donnie is asked what NBA player Quis reminds him of:

Daniels reminds me of a different type of player, a Derrick McKey type of player. That, you know you can sit and talk about starting, and scoring, and all the things you want to talk about. But if you were to ask me right now who was one of the best players we ever had, in our franchise, I'd say Derrick McKey. For exactly that reason. You can play him anywhere. If he started, fine. If he didn't start, fine. He'd play 1, you know, he'd play any position you wanted. And he was always there when the game was on the line. And always did the most important things. You know he either got the rebound at the right time, or he stopped the shot, or he got a steal. He made the 3-point shot, right when you had to have it. And I call them winning players. And I think Marquis fits into that role somewhere.
    http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/..._pc_060712.asx

At the 13:30 mark.

And for all the youngin's who don't know better, Peck's nickname for McKey is "Satan".
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Default Re: Donnie Walsh worships "Satan"

I couldn't agree with Donnie more.

I AM Satan.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Just finished watching the whole thing. It's 32 minutes, and I'd really recommend watching it. I'm too tired to even try and give a recap, but it gives good insight into where Donnie's at with this team and what he wants. Way more detail than you'll get from the papers.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Definitely a good and informative watch.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    -- Albert Einstein

Is there anyway to save it and watch it later ?

Sounds like a good show... n thanks for the explaination, I remember seeing the Avy and it all makes sence now

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

It was a good watch.

The "Larry loves slow shooters" thing was indirectly asked about
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Very good watch.Like Kegboy said, it does give you alot more insight of what DW wants to do to the team.

Id tell any PD member to watch this video.
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

I'll have a downloadable version available soon. If anyone is interested, I can upload it. (Reply here to let me know)

Sounds like Donnie and Larry together have a pretty clear idea of what they want. Doesn't sound like a two-headed monster at all. But then, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like Donnie and Larry together have a pretty clear idea of what they want. Doesn't sound like a two-headed monster at all. But then, it never was.

He also addressed the "Playoffs - mission accomplished" notion
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I'll have a downloadable version available soon. If anyone is interested, I can upload it. (Reply here to let me know)
    I'd like it!

Banned

Thanks Hicks, it would be much appreciated.

ME3PO Thank you

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

I thought that the most interesting thing said was that Donnie will not trade players away, but rather trade for players.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This was an excellent interview, as others have mentioned, and a recommended watch.

I know some people out there don't like Donnie Walsh, but I always have been pleased with having him in the front office, and feel that we have been blessed to have someone of this caliber working for the Pacers.

I think this interview really shows that he is very intelligent, and knows the game, and knows the business.

It will be interesting to see what moves are made in the next 2 weeks, to get a better idea of what the roster will look like this season, and where the minutes might be distributed.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I didn't even know Donnie knew Grace.....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

What, pray tell, did Derrick McKey, ever do/not do to deserve the satanic appellation? We know Larry Brown loved Heavy D as well, so was LB a part of the Satanic worship? And more importantly, will Dan Brown be doing a workup on the Pacer's front office soon?

Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere
    What, pray tell, did Derrick McKey, ever do/not do to deserve the satanic appellation?
    Wasted alot of talent by not being assertive enough. In fact some of the descriptions of MQ being a little laid back does bring back some nightmares.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

What, pray tell, did Derrick McKey, ever do/not do to deserve the satanic appellation? We know Larry Brown loved Heavy D as well, so was LB a part of the Satanic worship? And more importantly, will Dan Brown be doing a workup on the Pacer's front office soon?
    Oh, now you've done it. Just wait until Peck finds this thread.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    Wasted alot of talent by not being assertive enough. In fact some of the descriptions of MQ being a little laid back does bring back some nightmares.
    I would agree that he probably deferred too much offensively at times, but stating he wasted a lot of talent and wasn't a good player is totally wrong. They did let him hang around too long after he became injury prone, however.

I was led to believe that MQ's main attribute was attacking the rim, so I guess without seeing him yet, I'm not getting the comparison. Sounds like they are completely opposite players.

I would agree that he probably deferred too much offensively at times, but stating he wasted a lot of talent and wasn't a good player is totally wrong. They did let him hang around too long after he became injury prone, however.

I was led to believe that MQ's main attribute was attacking the rim, so I guess without seeing him yet, I'm not getting the comparison. Sounds like they are completely opposite players.

I agree with you completely. Marquis is very aggressive offensively, he takes it to the basket, and has a great little runner if he can't go all the way. So I see Marquis as a very different player than McKey, but I also understand what DW is saying.

MS, I'll have to find it, there have been some articles stating MQ does defer too much, but looking at who's on the Mavs could you blame him.

This quote from sports columnistTim Cowlishaw is some of the stuff I'm referring to.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...w.19303ee.html

Daniels, for whatever reasons, never worked for Avery. Don Nelson loved him. Johnson couldn't stand him, not as a player, anyway. He was maddeningly inconsistent, played the game without passion and could follow a great play with a bonehead one at any moment.

The "without passion" sounds like Satanic Popeye doesn't it?
    D was a good player, the problem is many thought he could have been great, if he had the passion.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

McKey was good but he wasn't as good as Walsh made him sound. When he was here there were a lot of us unhappy with McKey because he would pass up open 15 foot jumpers. If he would have been just normally assertive as most players are when it comes to shooting I think we could have won a title in the late 90's.

He was never healthy and would never shoot, despite having a decent jumper. I hated him as a player.