Thread: Pacers/Nuggets

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers/Nuggets

There was hardly any thought put into this trade. I just really don't like Tinsley, and this trade would excite me.

Tinsley for Earl Boykins, straight up.

Boykins averaged 4 apg this year, and averaged 4.5 apg last year. We don't need a scorer at PG (though he can) and we need a nice exciting backup to AJ. lol thoughts and opinions?
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets

Earl Bokyins is a good backup. He did great in Golden State a few years back and helped them win a lot of games down the stretch and I believe he has done well in Denver even though he has a big height disadvantage. If we did trade for Earl though we would need to get a sure fire starter because that is not something Bokyins can do, is start on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was hardly any thought put into this trade. I just really don't like Tinsley, and this trade would excite me.

Tinsley for Earl Boykins, straight up.

Boykins averaged 4 apg this year, and averaged 4.5 apg last year. We don't need a scorer at PG (though he can) and we need a nice exciting backup to AJ. lol thoughts and opinions?
    whats tinsleys contract like?

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

^no idea. i told u, i didn't do research on this or anything, its just something id be ok seeing
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sign me up!
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Love earl Boykins, with a little help I don't see why Boykins couldn't start. The Nuggets do so much better when he is in, if it wasn't for Miller being there he would be starting. Sign me up, I'm a big Boykins fan!

living i colorado i've seen boykins play a lot and well he is not that good. first he can't play defense and second he is really just a guy the fans like and he sells tickets because he is a feel good story. yes he can score but when he was in guys like carmelo and kenyon martin were on the floor as well. he is overrtated and as much as i want him out of denver you shouldn't want him.

tins is on just under 40 mil over 6 yrs till 2011 (signed a 6 yr extention) so about 6.5 a yr

earl is on 13.7 mil over 5 yrs so about 2.7 mil a yr and can opt out in 07

not a great salary match up ... but if we are looking to dump money to get more room theres a possibility

Denver however are currently hovering around the salary cap! so its unlikely they would take up more money and use up there precious exception! BUT if they offload K-Mart who knows ... that opens up a lot of room ( depending on the return!)

Having said this, as much as i like earl i think Tins would be a better point for us ... ( if hes fit) but were we to get another starting PG ... the Earl would be perfect for us as a back up ... but we would have to offload some of the other PGs we have!

anyway ... for a random thought with no research its not 2 bad ... but kinda unrealistic!
    'All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.'
    Animal Farm, by George Orwell

I'll second that Earl isn't that good from being a Colorado resident and watching him play quite often. He puts up good numbers because he never passes. He's a novelty player and not much more.
    Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team. -- Scottie Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by campy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    living i colorado i've seen boykins play a lot and well he is not that good. first he can't play defense and second he is really just a guy the fans like and he sells tickets because he is a feel good story. yes he can score but when he was in guys like carmelo and kenyon martin were on the floor as well. he is overrtated and as much as i want him out of denver you shouldn't want him.
    When I was in Colorado he seemed like a fan favorite, Altitude station would always rave about his play. Has it changed that much over the last year and a half?