Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 77

Thread: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

  1. #51
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Bird shoots down the rumor of Foster for Bonzi

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wells said: with ATL getting Claxton, may Take AJ, Foster and even a Draft Pick perhaps for Al
    Okay, lets do it.

  2. #52

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because Wells did not say that Bird denied the rumors, Wells said that he talked to several Pacers officials and they denied the rumors.
    Works for me, so long as it's true.

    Can't say I want Al either, though.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  3. #53

    Default Re: Bird shoots down the rumor of Foster for Bonzi

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Williams: did not play today, he tweaked his hamstring. It's going to take him some time. But he's got talent. He'll play tomorrow



    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    White: He brings defensive intensity, he wants to guard the best player on the court. JO is down at the summer league. He's more of a shooting guard. He's not fully comfortable playing the point. He should be the most athletic guy on the team next fall.
    Remind you of anyone?

  4. #54
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Bird shoots down the rumor of Foster for Bonzi

    Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remind you of anyone?
    Ron without the crazy?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  5. #55
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Works for me, so long as it's true.

    Can't say I want Al either, though.
    Do you think anything Pacers try to do with make them better. I swear to God I have been on this site for 2-3 years and I have never ever seen you be happy about something.

  6. #56
    Steve McQueen
    Guest

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    I we get any 2 of these 3, without losing too much, this would be an amazing offseason: Bonzi Wells, Al Harrington, Jamaal Magloire.

  7. #57
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,169

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I we get any 2 of these 3, without losing too much, this would be an amazing offseason: Bonzi Wells, Al Harrington, Jamaal Magloire.
    Yes to the latter two.

    C - Mags/Hulk
    PF - JO/Al
    SF - Danny/Williams
    SG - Quis/Flight
    PG - Tins/Runi

    Pretty solid, though that only leaves us with 10 players.

  8. #58
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I we get any 2 of these 3, without losing too much, this would be an amazing offseason: Bonzi Wells, Al Harrington, Jamaal Magloire.
    Forget Bonzi. It didn't make sense from the get go. Why pass on Marcus Williams and pick up Bonzi?

    I think if we get either Harrington or Mags and sign our other free agents we will be looking good.

    I think Mags would be the better fit, but he's in the last year of his contract so I would rather have a resigned Al.
    ____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes to the latter two.

    C - Mags/Hulk
    PF - JO/Al
    SF - Danny/Williams
    SG - Quis/Flight
    PG - Tins/Runi

    Pretty solid, though that only leaves us with 10 players.
    I can't see us getting both Mags and Al. If we did though Al wouldn't be backing up JO, he would start at SF. Danny would play at the 2,3, and 4 positions.

  9. #59

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    I get a big kick out of anyone who lists Tinsley as our starting PG. That's like someone listing Bender as our starting PF these past 5 years.

  10. #60
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    That team needs a back up PG, Queez can play PG a little bit he cant be counted to play 18 minutes a game at PG.
    ____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get a big kick out of anyone who lists Tinsley as our starting PG. That's like someone listing Bender as our starting PF these past 5 years.
    K

  11. #61
    Steve McQueen
    Guest

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    Jeff + AJ to Atlanta for Al, Jax + Saras to Milwaukee for Magloire. If need I'd be willing to throw in our 1st to one of the deals. I'd then use a chunk of our MLE to pickup another point guard, preferably Marcus Banks. We'd have amazing versatility. A ton of interchangable players, and great athleticism.

    I'd go with a rotation like this (minutes in parenthesis)

    Center
    Magloire (28)
    Harrison (20)

    Power Forward
    O'Neal (35)
    Harrington (10)
    Granger (3)

    Small Forwad
    Harrington (24)
    Granger (24)

    Shooting Guard
    Daniels (28)
    White (13)
    Granger (7)

    Point Guard
    Jamaal Tinsley (27)
    Banks (15)
    Daniels (6)

    Starters
    Tinsley (27) - Daniels (34) - Harrington (34) - O'Neal (35) - Magloire (28)

    Bench
    Granger (34) - Harrison (20) - Banks (15) - White (13) - Williams+LLE (Leftover Minutes, Insurance)

  12. #62
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeff + AJ to Atlanta for Al, Jax + Saras to Milwaukee for Magloire. If need I'd be willing to throw in our 1st to one of the deals. I'd then use a chunk of our MLE to pickup another point guard, preferably Marcus Banks. We'd have amazing versatility. A ton of interchangable players, and great athleticism.

    I'd go with a rotation like this (minutes in parenthesis)

    Center
    Magloire (28)
    Harrison (20)

    Power Forward
    O'Neal (35)
    Harrington (10)
    Granger (3)

    Small Forwad
    Harrington (24)
    Granger (24)

    Shooting Guard
    Daniels (28)
    White (13)
    Granger (7)

    Point Guard
    Jamaal Tinsley (27)
    Banks (15)
    Daniels (6)

    Starters
    Tinsley (27) - Daniels (34) - Harrington (34) - O'Neal (35) - Magloire (28)

    Bench
    Granger (34) - Harrison (20) - Banks (15) - White (13) - Williams+LLE (Leftover Minutes, Insurance)
    OKAY RICK - You've been outed! Stop calling yourself Steve and admit that you do rotations based on the minutes listed on your piece of paper and not on what's actually happening in the games.


  13. #63
    RA231
    Guest

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    I really like Marcus Banks as a back up point gaurd. He is a very good defender and a very good athlete. I think he would fit well into the new Pacers style of play. He is still very young and has a lot of potenial. I wouldn't mind using the MLE on him.


    I like the Pacers first deal, I think we might have to throw in a draft pick to sweeten the deal to get Al. Golden State is really pushing for Al too, they have a lot of good prospects over there. I have never been a big fan of Magloire, but I still like that deal. I don't think Milwaukee would do that though. But who really knows?


    What about the Stro Show anyone? I think he can be had for cheap. He got dealt back to Memphis and doesn't want to play for them again. He is extremely athletic and can rebound and block shots pretty well. He isn't much of a shooter though. But if he could be had at the right price I love to have him here in Indy.

  14. #64

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think anything Pacers try to do with make them better. I swear to God I have been on this site for 2-3 years and I have never ever seen you be happy about something.
    Uh yes? I loved the Croshere trade, I've liked the majority of what we've done. I just don't like some players on this team?

    Did I mention I hate the Pacers?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  15. #65
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    NO BONZI WELLS!!??!?!?!?!

    I think I'm going to throw a small party. Actually, this calls for dancing fruit.



    I'm still not excited about Al; I'd rather have Danny start sooner than later. Mags on the other hand....
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  16. #66
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: Bird shoots down the rumor of Foster for Bonzi

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (Let me put my Bball hat on...)

    Okay, could it be that Bird not only let this Bonzi stuff leak to make JO happy, but also to make the prospect of getting Al instead look better?
    No. After floating the rumor Bird realized that if he let the trade go through he'd go back to the top of my most disliked list. He decided he likes me not hating him so much.

  17. #67
    RON ARTEST
    Guest

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    i knew this rumor was a load of crap, theres no way bonzi would leave because he knows artest said he would tie him up and beat him to death.

  18. #68
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    I bet Bonzi is scared of, I wont fight no body over the size of 6-2

  19. #69
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    Wow, Foster and AJ for Harrington. WTF, its great talent wise but in case nobody else noticed, we are extremely thin with reliable players at C and PG.

    Where as we have a couple guys who can play PF, and a ton who can play SF.

  20. #70
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, Foster and AJ for Harrington. WTF, its great talent wise but in case nobody else noticed, we are extremely thin with reliable players at C and PG.

    Where as we have a couple guys who can play PF, and a ton who can play SF.
    I think TPTB haved cooked up this crazy scheme called planning , in which they pretty much have an Idea if X players are traded, Y move will be made or already has been made etc.

    Call me nutty but I think I am on to something.

    I think Sarunas, Tinsley, White, Daniels, possibly Greene and the likes just might be able to pick up some of the slack from AJ.

    Not to mention others moves that are most likely already planned to aquire veteran help if needed at that spot. You can have your Cake and Eat it too. Now Eating your cake and then having it , that's quite a feat.

    I am genuinely interested though to see which exact players or moves you would actually be in favor of ?

    Why Not Us ?


  21. #71
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think TPTB haved cooked up this crazy scheme called planning , in which they pretty much have an Idea if X players are traded, Y move will be made or already has been made etc.

    Call me nutty but I think I am on to something.

    I think Sarunas, Tinsley, White, Daniels, possibly Greene and the likes just might be able to pick up some of the slack from AJ.

    Not to mention others moves that are most likely already planned to aquire veteran help if needed at that spot. You can have your Cake and Eat it too. Now Eating your cake and then having it , that's quite a feat.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  22. #72
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think TPTB haved cooked up this crazy scheme called planning , in which they pretty much have an Idea if X players are traded, Y move will be made or already has been made etc.

    Call me nutty but I think I am on to something.

    I think Sarunas, Tinsley, White, Daniels, possibly Greene and the likes just might be able to pick up some of the slack from AJ.

    Not to mention others moves that are most likely already planned to aquire veteran help if needed at that spot. You can have your Cake and Eat it too. Now Eating your cake and then having it , that's quite a feat.

    I am genuinely interested though to see which exact players or moves you would actually be in favor of ?
    Are you trying to be an ***?

    Sarunas sucks
    Tinsley will be injured
    White is a rookie
    Daniels hasn't played real minutes at Point in a while
    Greene was let go by Boston for a reason

    AJ has been our only consistent PG. And our Rebounding is bad enough. And i doubt we can get a better rebounder than Foster. The fact is that besides the organization trying to win back the business execs that go to games and talk on their cell phones. This move doesn't do a whole lot for the team.

  23. #73

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you trying to be an ***?

    Sarunas sucks
    Tinsley will be injured
    White is a rookie
    Daniels hasn't played real minutes at Point in a while
    Greene was let go by Boston for a reason

    AJ has been our only consistent PG. And our Rebounding is bad enough. And i doubt we can get a better rebounder than Foster. The fact is that besides the organization trying to win back the business execs that go to games and talk on their cell phones. This move doesn't do a whole lot for the team.
    Man, you must be exhausting in person.

  24. #74

    Default Re: Bird shoots down the rumor of Foster for Bonzi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ohh
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEES

  25. #75
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Mike Wells: no truth to the Bonzi Wells rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you trying to act like I have been lately?

    Sarunas sucks( His rookie year in the NBA tells me all I need to know about the guy.)

    Tinsley will be injured ( And there is no way Indiana could ever plan for an unexpected event like that to happen, they will never see it coming)

    White is a rookie, Which means he will play 0 minutes a game and will not help out at all in the backcourt.

    Daniels hasn't played real minutes at Point in a while. ( He's probably washed up , he might have even forgot how to dribble.)

    Greene was let go by Boston for a reason (There is no way in Hell he will be able to at least fill Eddie's shoes.)


    AJ has been our only consistent (shooting) PG and is a perfect fit in our new offsense. Not Trading AJ at his highest Trade Value is certainly the way to go, look how well it's worked for us in the past with other players !

    Instead we need to trade the players that had an off season , since those are the one's every team is fighting over.

    And our Rebounding is bad enough. And i doubt we can get a better rebounder than Foster. ( Not only that but between Granger, Williams Harrington and Harrison they will be lucky to even grab 1 rebound the entire game.)

    The fact is that besides the organization trying to win back the business execs that go to games and talk on their cell phones.

    (Since this section of Folks plunk down money for Season Tix to impress Clients and be seen at the game , they are definitely the most important, and most frugal. And all Pro Franchises number one Goal is to do only trades that appease this kind of Fan.)

    This move to aquire a ("Fan Favortie "26 year old Athletic SF/PF who just happens to be your "Franchise Players" Best Friend) doesn't do a whole lot for the team or it's Chemistry We are Way better off staying pat
    Well, I must admit after looking at your reasoning, I see your point in fact I added my comments to this in accordance to your thinking.

    I am on board with you now.

    Thanks for the Wake up call. Together we will shoot any and all trade proposals down. I think the best way to improve the the team is to Beyotch and moan no matter the reasoning.

    I find that really gets the job done.

    P.S. Ligthen up Dude... Life is Short .. Enjoy it

    Why Not Us ?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •