Thread: GState blurb on Al today

Default GState blurb on Al today

http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_4045279

Sounds like GS has some money problems.

Looked at strictly from the bottom line, it was nowhere near that difficult. The Warriors will save more than $21 million by shedding Fisher — scheduled to make $5.9million this season — while adding three players.

That's the kind of savings that could be used to lock up Mickael Pietrus, who becomes a restricted free agent at the end of the season if he's not signed to a long-term extension by Oct. 31. Or it might give Golden State enough room to bring on forward Al Harrington, an athletic defender and restricted free agent in Atlanta.

The capped-out Warriors, who already have roughly $66 million committed in salary for next season and according to ESPN.com are one of only three teams currently projected to be over the luxury tax threshold of $65.5 million, can't make Harrington a serious offer as a free agent.

But they could snag him via a sign-and-trade deal with the Hawks, and Harrington has told several media outlets recently that the Warriors and Pacers are the leading contenders for his services.

Asked if he'll be disappointed if this is the only move his team makes over the summer, Mullin wouldn't bite.

"We'll see what shakes out," Mullin said. "I don't want to forecast one way or the other."
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Default Re: GState blurb on Al today

Mullin has been overpaying people since he took over, so I'm not surprised that GS has money problems.

From the maller site, the first time I can remember seeing Scot's name mentioned anywhere. Of course this is a writer throwing out names.

http://www.benmaller.com/#nba_rumors_notes

The Bulls figure to use the after market for a big man such as Scot Pollard, Aaron Williams, Jake Voshkuhl or even longtime favorite Toni Kukoc. Kukoc is not expected to return to the Bucks and could appropriately finish his career in Chicago, where he still lives.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

If the Warriors are already projected to be in LT territory, then they're not going to take on Al's contract without giving up comparable salaries in turn. So for them to do a S&T for Al that works for their bottom line, they'd have to convince Atlanta or a 3rd team to take one of their overpaid, longterm players like Murphy, Foyle, or Dunleavy.

I think that's going to be a hard sell, especially compared to the more flexible offers the Pacers can make in a S&T for Al (Foster, AJ, Harrison, Freddie S&T, trade exception, etc.). We are projected at least $10M under the LT threshold right now, so we could take on Al's salary straight up without risking the LT.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05