Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

  1. #1
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,804

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Yep, a friend of mine got me in as a production assistant on a commercial shoot for the new DirecTV commercial with Peyton Manning and a few of the other Colts players. They were shooting new footage and adding it to the Titans game from last season. I even managed to snag a copy of of the many variations of the script for Peyton's lines and a Colts undershirt that was left behind by one of the players (3XL!).

    So, all in all, a very interesting experience, and very tiring. Sleepy time now.

  2. #2
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,663

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, a friend of mine got me in as a production assistant on a commercial shoot for the new DirecTV commercial with Peyton Manning and a few of the other Colts players. They were shooting new footage and adding it to the Titans game from last season. I even managed to snag a copy of of the many variations of the script for Peyton's lines and a Colts undershirt that was left behind by one of the players (3XL!).

    So, all in all, a very interesting experience, and very tiring. Sleepy time now.
    I heard about that new commercial during today's NFL Live episode on ESPN.

    I think they interviewed Peyton a while ago, too.

    I'm glad you got a shirt.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  3. #3
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,804

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard about that new commercial during today's NFL Live episode on ESPN.

    I think they interviewed Peyton a while ago, too.

    I'm glad you got a shirt.
    There will be two versions, a 15-second and a 30-second.

  4. #4
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Centralia, Pennsylvania
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,396
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    What is Shade going to do with a 3XL shirt?
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  5. #5
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,663

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is Shade going to do with a 3XL shirt?
    Yeah really.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  6. #6
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Hopefully they paid well?

  7. #7

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Was Tony Dungy directing the commercial?

    And if so, did he have a plan to actually finish it?

  8. #8

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Well don't worry you don't have Vanderjagt blowing it for them.

  9. #9
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,804

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is Shade going to do with a 3XL shirt?
    LOL.

    Seriously, though, all of those guys are just huge. Even Peyton is much bigger than I expected.

    We got to eat lunch with 'em too, so that was pretty cool.

  10. #10
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,663

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL.

    Seriously, though, all of those guys are just huge. Even Peyton is much bigger than I expected.

    We got to eat lunch with 'em too, so that was pretty cool.
    What'd you say to them? Wasn't Tarik in the commercial? He's a really nice guy. I met him in the Best Lockerroom at Conseco before game three of the Nets series.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  11. #11
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,804

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What'd you say to them? Wasn't Tarik in the commercial? He's a really nice guy. I met him in the Best Lockerroom at Conseco before game three of the Nets series.
    I didn't talk to them personally. You don't bother a bunch of 300-pound guys when they're hitting the buffet table.

    I can tell you, though, that they love their ping pong. They were really getting competitive with that.

    The Colts players there were:

    Peyton Manning
    Ben Utecht
    Tarik Glenn
    Ryan Lilja
    Jeff Saturday
    Jake Scott
    Ryan Diem

    And there were also some people hired to portray the Titans players, obviously.

    I made a joke that Peyton always had to throw the ball to or at someone after the director said "cut." He just couldn't help himself.

    I also got to hang out in the Colts' lockerroom a bit, which was cool. It's much smaller than I expected, though.

    I picked up the second assistant director to the project too, who said he had some friends working on Spider-Man 3. Really cool guy. Told me to look him up if I'm ever in New York and maybe he could get me a job.

  12. #12
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,663

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't talk to them personally. You don't bother a bunch of 300-pound guys when they're hitting the buffet table.

    I can tell you, though, that they love their ping pong. They were really getting competitive with that.

    The Colts players there were:

    Peyton Manning
    Ben Utecht
    Tarik Glenn
    Ryan Lilja
    Jeff Saturday
    Jake Scott
    Ryan Diem

    And there were also some people hired to portray the Titans players, obviously.

    I made a joke that Peyton always had to throw the ball to or at someone after the director said "cut." He just couldn't help himself.

    I also got to hang out in the Colts' lockerroom a bit, which was cool. It's much smaller than I expected, though.

    I picked up the second assistant director to the project too, who said he had some friends working on Spider-Man 3. Really cool guy. Told me to look him up if I'm ever in New York and maybe he could get me a job.
    That's awesome. Especially about Spider-Man 3.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  13. #13

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Very cool shade!

  14. #14
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,351

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't talk to them personally. You don't bother a bunch of 300-pound guys when they're hitting the buffet table.

    I can tell you, though, that they love their ping pong. They were really getting competitive with that.

    The Colts players there were:

    Peyton Manning
    Ben Utecht
    Tarik Glenn
    Ryan Lilja
    Jeff Saturday
    Jake Scott
    Ryan Diem

    And there were also some people hired to portray the Titans players, obviously.

    I made a joke that Peyton always had to throw the ball to or at someone after the director said "cut." He just couldn't help himself.

    I also got to hang out in the Colts' lockerroom a bit, which was cool. It's much smaller than I expected, though.

    I picked up the second assistant director to the project too, who said he had some friends working on Spider-Man 3. Really cool guy. Told me to look him up if I'm ever in New York and maybe he could get me a job.
    Good to hear the O-Line was there. Bet Saturday kept them in step.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  15. #15
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,069
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Better reshoot those commercials. I believe Lilja was released today.

    http://www.kffl.com/player/10265/nfl

  16. #16
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,804

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Better reshoot those commercials. I believe Lilja was released today.

    http://www.kffl.com/player/10265/nfl
    Or not. Check the update.

  17. #17
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,069
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or not. Check the update.
    ******* KFFL!

  18. #18
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,494

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What'd you say to them? Wasn't Tarik in the commercial? He's a really nice guy. I met him in the Best Lockerroom at Conseco before game three of the Nets series.
    I saw Tarik at a Pacers game last season. At first I wasn't sure it was him, but when the crowd started getting into the game he was up before anyone else.



    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  19. #19
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,804

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    It appears the commercial (at least one of them) is airing now. My mom and roommate have seen it, and I heard it but couldn't get to the TV fast enough to see it yet.

    Funny thing is, I still haven't gotten paid for it yet.

  20. #20
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny thing is, I still haven't gotten paid for it yet.
    I smell a law suit.

  21. #21
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,804

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I smell a law suit.
    Nah, they said it would take 2-4 weeks. It's nearing 4, but my friend told me early last week they were busy cutting the checks.

  22. #22
    Redneck #007
    Guest

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Sounds like a great time and something most people will never get the chance to do. Saw the commercial the other nite and it's great!

  23. #23
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,262
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    So how much u spose to b making??
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  24. #24
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,804

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So how much u spose to b making??
    About $300 gross. Which will go directly to bills.
    ____________________________________________
    Yay! I finally saw it!

  25. #25
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,262
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I just spent 30 of the last 38 hours working at the RCA Dome

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    About $300 gross. Which will go directly to bills.
    Its still money, lol
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •