Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where will the offense come from???

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Where will the offense come from???

Assuming Al Harrington is not acquired where will the Pacers get their offense from??

With it now a sure thing Peja Stojakovic and 20 ppg is gone. It appears Fred Jones' 10 ppg is gone . Croshere's scoring is gone also.

At this point we know Danny Granger will score more even if he raises his scoring average to 15 ppg thats only a 7ppg increase.Marquis Daniels will prob average about the same as Fred did assuming Jackson isn't traded.

That still leaves Croshere's 7ppg and and 13 of Stojakovic's to make up.

Where are those 20ppg going to come from????

I'm still holding out hope Al Harrington is required , because even though Shawne Williams and James White are good prospects its questionable how much help they will be this season.

Default Re: Where will the offense come from???

As of now, JO/Granger/Daniels are our main scorers. Another PG and another big will probably be brought in though.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I think Daniels will average 15 pts per game if he gets 30 minutes per game

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fred Jones is gone ? got proof ?

If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    @thatguyjoe84

Mood

If Daniels does indeed average 15 ppg next season that would mean Jackson is gone. In which case thats a trade of scoring.

Sorry as this team is currently constructed I don't see any replacement for Peja and probably Fred's scoring , nor even Croshere's.

I'll buy this is an uptempo team when we see it . Sorry I don't see Carlisle changing his style overnight .But as its currently made up I see cotinued scoring droughts that we have seen for far so long.

I'm not a total pessimist , I just think the Pacers lack that solid second scorer , remember Danny Granger has great upside but he'll still only be a 2nd year player to me expecting him to average better than 13-15 ppg this season is unrealistic.

Thus the Pacers still need that solid 2nd scorer.

There's still a lot of change coming to this roster, I don't see the point in worrying about this right now.

I'm sure that Jasikevicius will increase his scoring and assists total and with those assists going to Harrison I expect more points from the big lad too. And don't count out our two rookies who will get some opportunities to show their talents during the year.

Overall I think with a new uptempo offense we will score more points, but also allow a little more.

Mood

Perhaps the reason I'm worried about it that while there will be changes , I truely doubt there is any player we acquire in the off season , who will offer the scoring Al Harrington will.

If Stephen Jackson and/or Jamaal Tinsley are moved it will be for less value than they are worth on the court because of their league wise percieved baggage.

We will have to see , put personally I was very encouraged by what a still only 26 year old Harrington would provide.

People worry about stunting Granger and Williams development , with this teams recent injury history you have to believe there will be ample playing opportunities for them.

Plus if we are to believe most "so called experts" Shawne Williams is at least 2-3 years from being a solid consistant contributor.

If Harrington comes here , and Williams develops at that rate a then 28 year old Harrington still retains high value.

What do you expect from Harrington on this team? He would only score 15-16 points at most. You just put Granger at 13-15 and Daniels at 15 if Jax is gone (he will be). What's the big worry?

I missed the news that Fred Jones is gone. Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you expect from Harrington on this team? He would only score 15-16 points at most. You just put Granger at 13-15 and Daniels at 15 if Jax is gone (he will be). What's the big worry?
    The big worry is that Harrington won't be on this team.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    There's still a lot of change coming to this roster, I don't see the point in worrying about this right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    The big worry is that Harrington won't be on this team.
    Well, Al is a tweener that "'tweens" with the two postions we already have covered.

I'm not worried.

I wholy reject the rather pervasive premise that getting Al is the only available option this summer.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

BONZI!!!
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    I wholy reject the rather pervasive premise that getting Al is the only available option this summer.
    :qft:

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    BONZI!!!
    NO!!!

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Exactly. And the same can be said for other free agents such as Bonzi Wells.

There's a whole lot more out there besides the free agents. We've already traded for Marquis Daniels. Just because a player is not a free agent does not mean he's not attainable. It just seems as if the only names that are mentioned around here as of late are Al Harrington and Bonzi Wells because of their free agent status.

The thing is, there's a ton of other players out there who could potentially fill an actual need on this team. The trick is finding out who they are instead of going for the obvious available choices (free agents).

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    There's a whole lot more out there besides the free agents. We've already traded for Marquis Daniels. Just because a player is not a free agent does not mean he's not attainable.
    But it's hard. We traded Cro for Daniels. The blocks we have left to play with are Tinsley, Foster, Jackson, and AJ. Nobody's lining up to bid on that package.

The reality is that free agency is our best bet to get a significant contributor.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    But it's hard. We traded Cro for Daniels. The blocks we have left to play with are Tinsley, Foster, Jackson, and AJ. Nobody's lining up to bid on that package.
    As far as trading pieces, we also have Saras and Harrison and for the right price (unlikely) Granger. There is also the possibilty of a sign and trade with Jones...lots of ways to make things work. I do expect either Tinsley or Jackson to be back at this point. It's somewhat unfortunate, but I'm thinking that it is less and less likely we will be able to move both.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    I missed the news that Fred Jones is gone. Please explain.
    im waiting too, from what ive read the pacers have made an offer sheet to match whatever another team would offer Freddie. I cant seem to find any info on a so called rumor of him being gone...ive only read it within here so can someone please explain where you know freddie is gone. thanks.

If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    @thatguyjoe84

Banned

Nobody KNOWS Freddie is gone.... it is all speculation at this point.

Fred is not gone. and won't be. :]

Besides, there's a lot time left for more changes. Who knows.

Well this team is far from being complete, I hope so atleast.

We still have a good shot at getting Al, so don't forget that.

Lets hope that David can stay on the court next season, because if he can he will add some scoring, depending on his minuates played.

The key, IMO, is going to be for us to get a point who can shoot the long range jumper, spread the floor for us that way. If we can get a point who can shoot/score then we should be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    Well this team is far from being complete, I hope so atleast.

We still have a good shot at getting Al, so don't forget that.

Lets hope that David can stay on the court next season, because if he can he will add some scoring, depending on his minuates played.

The key, IMO, is going to be for us to get a point who can shoot the long range jumper, spread the floor for us that way. If we can get a point who can shoot/score then we should be alright.
    Barbosa and Daniels would be a great combination in the back court.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    Barbosa and Daniels would be a great combination in the back court.
    If I remember right D'Antoni tried Barbosa at the 1 last year and it didn't work out to well. Then he played him at the 2 and Barbosa was much better. I think D'Antoni was talking about this during the Conference Finals, how he should have had Barbosa playing the 2 all along.