Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Indiana/Boston/Minnesota + Indiana/L.A. Lakers

  1. #1
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,150

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Indiana/Boston/Minnesota + Indiana/L.A. Lakers

    I don't know if the salaries would match up, but I guess it depends on what Marcus Bank's S&T would be.

    Indiana Trades:
    Jeff Foster
    Jamaal Tinsley
    Stephen Jackson

    Recieves:
    Marcus Banks (S&T)
    Wally Szczerbiak

    Boston Trades:
    Wally Szczerbiak
    Theo Ratliff
    Delonte West

    Recieves:
    Jeff Foster
    Stephen Jackson
    Eddie Griffin
    Rashad McCants

    Minnesota Trades:
    Eddie Griffin
    Rashad McCants

    Recieves:
    Jamaal Tinsley
    Delonte West
    Theo Ratliff

    Why for us:
    Wally would help in the shooting aspect a lot. He's a guy that can knock down threes, and will stretch the defense. I think he's actually an underrated player, just a step down from Peja. Marcus Banks is one of those hidden gem type players, and him combined with Marquis could be a very dangerous backcourt.

    Why for Boston:
    Boston gets a lot of talent back in this deal. They are supposedly shopping Wally, and with the additions of Rajon Rondo and Sebastian Telfair, I could see them moving Delonte West. They get Wally's almost equal talent wise back in Jackson, an equal player to Theo Ratliff in Eddie Griffin, except with a better offensive game, then basically trade West for Foster and McCants. I could definitley see them pulling the trigger.

    Why for Minnesota:
    I think these are two guys Minnesota wouldn't mind moving. I think they have enough problems then to have to worry about guys like Griffin, they don't need any more trouble. Tinsley and West gives them a very nice point guard rotation if Tinsley can stay healthy. They can then move Jaric/Hudson or Peeler, hang on to just one of those guys, and have themselves a very set PG rotation. They also get a nice shotblocker to go next to Garnett in Ratliff, he just basically replaces Griffin.

    Give the MLE to Reggie Evans.

    Then we go on and S&T Fred Jones for Chris Mihm, and we look like this next year:

    Marcus Banks/AJ/Sarunas
    Marquis Daniels/Wally/James White
    Danny Granger/Wally/Shawne Williams
    JO/Reggie Evans
    Chris Mihm/David Harrison

    I like that lineup a lot.

  2. #2
    Member BoomBaby31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles (Marina del Rey)
    Posts
    1,958

    Default Re: Indiana/Boston/Minnesota + Indiana/L.A. Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac@Section216
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if the salaries would match up, but I guess it depends on what Marcus Bank's S&T would be.

    Indiana Trades:
    Jeff Foster
    Jamaal Tinsley
    Stephen Jackson

    Recieves:
    Marcus Banks (S&T)
    Wally Szczerbiak

    Boston Trades:
    Wally Szczerbiak
    Theo Ratliff
    Delonte West

    Recieves:
    Jeff Foster
    Stephen Jackson
    Eddie Griffin
    Rashad McCants

    Minnesota Trades:
    Eddie Griffin
    Rashad McCants

    Recieves:
    Jamaal Tinsley
    Delonte West
    Theo Ratliff

    Why for us:
    Wally would help in the shooting aspect a lot. He's a guy that can knock down threes, and will stretch the defense. I think he's actually an underrated player, just a step down from Peja. Marcus Banks is one of those hidden gem type players, and him combined with Marquis could be a very dangerous backcourt.

    Why for Boston:
    Boston gets a lot of talent back in this deal. They are supposedly shopping Wally, and with the additions of Rajon Rondo and Sebastian Telfair, I could see them moving Delonte West. They get Wally's almost equal talent wise back in Jackson, an equal player to Theo Ratliff in Eddie Griffin, except with a better offensive game, then basically trade West for Foster and McCants. I could definitley see them pulling the trigger.

    Why for Minnesota:
    I think these are two guys Minnesota wouldn't mind moving. I think they have enough problems then to have to worry about guys like Griffin, they don't need any more trouble. Tinsley and West gives them a very nice point guard rotation if Tinsley can stay healthy. They can then move Jaric/Hudson or Peeler, hang on to just one of those guys, and have themselves a very set PG rotation. They also get a nice shotblocker to go next to Garnett in Ratliff, he just basically replaces Griffin.

    Give the MLE to Reggie Evans.

    Then we go on and S&T Fred Jones for Chris Mihm, and we look like this next year:

    Marcus Banks/AJ/Sarunas
    Marquis Daniels/Wally/James White
    Danny Granger/Wally/Shawne Williams
    JO/Reggie Evans
    Chris Mihm/David Harrison

    I like that lineup a lot.
    A lot of speculating, first we have to get Minn, and Boston to the table. Then we have to bring L.A to the table and then sign and trade Fred Jones. If we went through with the Boston, Minn trade and something happened with the Lakers we'd be screwed. Tinsley Jax AND Foster just for Wally and Banks WoW! I'm glad you aren't the GM. Then we have to sign and trade Fred for Mihm. Good luck with that lol. It's hard enough to get 1 team involved let alone 5. This is just a waste of PD space.

    No offense of course.

  3. #3
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,150

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Boston/Minnesota + Indiana/L.A. Lakers

    If you think we can get anything better then Banks and Wally for a Jack/Tins/Foster, then you are sorely mistaken.

    Hah, I just realized you are the one who posted the Jack/Foster/Tins trade for Kidd and Nenad, so a response like that is expected.

    You are clearly a ridiculous homer who overevaluates our players. Wally is a guy who is close to a 20 ppg scorer, his trade value is much higher then Tinsley and Jackson's are combined. The only reason Boston is on board is because Minnesota is involved. Didn't I already post why each team would be interested?

    A lot of speculating, first we have to get Minn, and Boston to the table.
    That's right, all 3 teams DO have to agree for a trade to go through, Congrats, you've just passed the first grade!!

    It's hard enough to get 1 team involved let alone 5.
    It's a hell of a lot harder to get a team to give up 2 of their 4 franchise players for our junk that we need to get rid of.

    Then we have to sign and trade Fred for Mihm. Good luck with that lol.
    I don't understand your point... you don't think LA would do it? OK, well then I'll post a why both teams do this trade as well.

    Why for us: We get a solid starting Center back for someone who was likely just to leave anyways, we play JO at his NATURAL position and he has less of a load defensively.

    Why for LA: They seem to be a good fit for Fred, he'd be a good backup for Kobe, and would fit in well with the triangle. He then makes them able to trade Deavan George, plus they have a logjam at Center with Bynum and Brown. I think Mihm is the odd guy out that they will look to move, they won't get a whole lot better then Freddie.

  4. #4
    Member BoomBaby31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles (Marina del Rey)
    Posts
    1,958

    Default Re: Indiana/Boston/Minnesota + Indiana/L.A. Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac@Section216
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you think we can get anything better then Banks and Wally for a Jack/Tins/Foster, then you are sorely mistaken.

    Hah, I just realized you are the one who posted the Jack/Foster/Tins trade for Kidd and Nenad, so a response like that is expected.

    You are clearly a ridiculous homer who overevaluates our players. Wally is a guy who is close to a 20 ppg scorer, his trade value is much higher then Tinsley and Jackson's are combined. The only reason Boston is on board is because Minnesota is involved. Didn't I already post why each team would be interested?



    That's right, all 3 teams DO have to agree for a trade to go through, Congrats, you've just passed the first grade!!



    It's a hell of a lot harder to get a team to give up 2 of their 4 franchise players for our junk that we need to get rid of.



    I don't understand your point... you don't think LA would do it? OK, well then I'll post a why both teams do this trade as well.

    Why for us: We get a solid starting Center back for someone who was likely just to leave anyways, we play JO at his NATURAL position and he has less of a load defensively.

    Why for LA: They seem to be a good fit for Fred, he'd be a good backup for Kobe, and would fit in well with the triangle. He then makes them able to trade Deavan George, plus they have a logjam at Center with Bynum and Brown. I think Mihm is the odd guy out that they will look to move, they won't get a whole lot better then Freddie.

    Alright Homer, where do I start hmm... Well at the beginning I guess. You seriously think all we can get is something like Banks and Wally for Jax/Tinsley/Foster? You know that's three of our starters? I don't over value our players, I think you get caught up in the hoopla' and forget that the PD is one of the only places that wouldn't think Jax wasn't a decent player. You have to realize the PD is VERY critical of their players more then any other forum, and that is because we evaluate their attitude mixed in with their performance. That's why when you click on the "should we get Iverson thread" you see NO!, Hell NO, WTF, NO!. So subconsciously people like you think they suck.

    You must of missed the Timerwolves, Boston trade mid-season last year. Wally was pretty much traded Straight up for Ricky Davis. Jax is the most comparable player to Davis in the league. Wally being a 20ppg scorer (really he average 17.5) is your main argument for his stock, how many points do you think Jax averaged last year? 16.4 and he was on a team with a lot more talent. If you remember Jax was traded straight up for Harrington (his stock isn't that low). Jax is just as good as Wally, Tinsley is better sitting on the bench then Banks is starting and Foster the lead offensive rebounder and semi-decent Center you are giving them for free. Like I wrote before "I'm glad you aren't our GM"

    The L.A trade is all wrong. First, I don't know how they are going to trade George when he is a free agent, and they haven't signed him yet. Mihm is pretty much their only center, him being injured last year made huge problems for L.A. A jogjam at Center? lol I'll consider that a joke. Bynum was a scrub last year, L.A couldn't keep him in longer then 5 minutes without Phil getting physically sick. He didn't start one game, nor did he play more then 20minutes in a game even with Mihm being out. Some Logjam. This would be a first: "their starting Center would be the odd man out" lol Wow! now I'm really glad you aren't our GM... and Kwame is a PF, he just shifted over to Center because Mihm was injured leaving the PF position undersized.
    They don't need a full time Kobe back up because guess what Kobe plays 45 minutes a game, some games he doesn't even come out. Fred wants more playing time, I doubt he is going to sign and trade; knowing he is going to sit on the bench the rest of his career behind Kobe. Again, Good luck with that.

    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt; Jax and Tinsley, for Wally and Banks something maybe to think about. We won't get L.A to bite on the Jones deal. We'd have to give them a big, or they would have to have something in lock for a big. I want Mihm, but Jones isn't going to do the trick alone unless they have something in lock with another Center.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac@Section216
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a hell of a lot harder to get a team to give up 2 of their 4 franchise players for our junk that we need to get rid of.
    It must be nice having 4 franchise players, lol... FOUR, usually a team only has one at MOST 2. You consider Kristic a franchise player? AGIAN, I'm glad you aren't our GM. Who are the Pacers franchise players? Granger, JO, JAX, Foster lol

  5. #5
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,150

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Boston/Minnesota + Indiana/L.A. Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alright Homer, where do I start hmm... Well at the beginning I guess. You seriously think all we can get is something like Banks and Wally for Jax/Tinsley/Foster? You know that's three of our starters?
    One of those starters is always injured, one has a serious attitude problem and we will have problems finding anyone who will take him, and one of whom isn't a starting quality player.

    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't over value our players, I think you get caught up in the hoopla' and forget that the PD is one of the only places that wouldn't think Jax wasn't a decent player. You have to realize the PD is VERY critical of their players more then any other forum, and that is because we evaluate their attitude mixed in with their performance. That's why when you click on the "should we get Iverson thread" you see NO!, Hell NO, WTF, NO!. So subconsciously people like you think they suck.
    Stephen Jackson is my favorite Pacer. I wear my Stephen Jackson jersey proudly, and I think he was the mvp of our team last season. I had a Jack avatar at this site for the entire regular season. That doesn't mean his trade value isn't very low.


    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The L.A trade is all wrong. First, I don't know how they are going to trade George when he is a free agent
    Ok, I misworded myself, it makes him less important to the team, they can either s&t him or let him walk.

    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mihm is pretty much their only center, him being injured last year made huge problems for L.A. A jogjam at Center? lol I'll consider that a joke. Bynum was a scrub last year, L.A couldn't keep him in longer then 5 minutes without Phil getting physically sick. He didn't start one game, nor did he play more then 20minutes in a game even with Mihm being out. Some Logjam. This would be a first: "their starting Center would be the odd man out" lol Wow! now I'm really glad you aren't our GM... and Kwame is a PF, he just shifted over to Center because Mihm was injured leaving the PF position undersized.
    Since you are being all attacking with your posts, I can play that game too. You are a complete idiot for everything you said about Bynum. There is a reason they picked him 10th, and a reason that Mihm WILL be traded this offseason. Learn to watch someone play and judge them rather then looking at their stats page on nba.com. Bynum has an incredibly long wingspan, and has an excellent hook shot he's developing. Remember he is only 19 years old, he only just came out of high school last year and he showed a lot of potential, A LOT. He'll be a great Center in the years to come, and they want to develop him quickly rather then slowly. Pick at straws all you want with the Kwame argument, the fact is that Kwame and Bynum on the floor together isn't something LA wants to do too often, they'll be playing Kwame at center.



    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It must be nice having 4 franchise players, lol... FOUR, usually a team only has one at MOST 2. You consider Kristic a franchise player? AGIAN, I'm glad you aren't our GM. Who are the Pacers franchise players? Granger, JO, JAX, Foster lol
    There's a reason they are being called the big 4 in New Jersey. Krstic has all star talent, and he certainly showed it against us in the playoffs. Matter of fact, I don't think New Jersey would even trade Krstic for Jermaine, they are that high on him. Then you ask them to throw in Kidd, and you have absolutley no right to be slamming my trade ideas. At least mine is reasonable for all sides involved.

    Hey I've got a trade idea, Foster and Tinsley for Duncan, what do you think of that one?

    Wait, we shouldn't do that because that's giving up two starters for one right? That would be stupid.

  6. #6
    Member BoomBaby31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles (Marina del Rey)
    Posts
    1,958

    Default Re: Indiana/Boston/Minnesota + Indiana/L.A. Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac@Section216
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since you are being all attacking with your posts, I can play that game too. You are a complete idiot for everything you said about Bynum. There is a reason they picked him 10th, and a reason that Mihm WILL be traded this offseason. Learn to watch someone play and judge them rather then looking at their stats page on nba.com. Bynum has an incredibly long wingspan, and has an excellent hook shot he's developing. Remember he is only 19 years old, he only just came out of high school last year and he showed a lot of potential, A LOT. He'll be a great Center in the years to come, and they want to develop him quickly rather then slowly. Pick at straws all you want with the Kwame argument, the fact is that Kwame and Bynum on the floor together isn't something LA wants to do too often, they'll be playing Kwame at center.
    Well all 25 regular season games, and the 2 playoff games I went to last year wasn't enough. I watched more of the Lakers last season then even the Pacers (I know feel sorry for me lol). Bynum by no means is ready to play significant minutes, and definitely not ready to start. I'm not saying he doesn't have potential because he does. He just isn't ready to start especially with Phil being the coach (he doesn't play rookies). You are right they don't want Kwame and Bynum on the floor at the same time. They traded for Kwame to be a PF and when Mihm went down it messed everything up in L.A. They need another big, it is the last year of Mihm's contract and they would/are willing to move him but they need a big to fill that spot though. L.A picked him at 10th but, I'm sure you heard all of the controversy about it or maybe it was just local T.V here.
    ____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac@Section216
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    There's a reason they are being called the big 4 in New Jersey. Krstic has all star talent, and he certainly showed it against us in the playoffs. Matter of fact, I don't think New Jersey would even trade Krstic for Jermaine, they are that high on him. Then you ask them to throw in Kidd, and you have absolutley no right to be slamming my trade ideas. At least mine is reasonable for all sides involved.

    Hey I've got a trade idea, Foster and Tinsley for Duncan, what do you think of that one?

    Wait, we shouldn't do that because that's giving up two starters for one right? That would be stupid.
    LoL, you're funny... I had no Idea NJ was so high on Krstic where do you get your information certainly not where I get mine? Maybe you just misused "franchise player" as well. A franchise player is someone a team builds around if all 4 of them are "franchise" players how do they build? Just keep trading that 5 guy? I told you why it would work, I also wrote 10-15 times it was speculation, I didn't think it would happen and NJ would half to be thinking all of those steps which they aren't. I guess the Duncan analogy is good since Duncan and Krsitic is on the same level.
    ____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac@Section216
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of those starters is always injured, one has a serious attitude problem and we will have problems finding anyone who will take him, and one of whom isn't a starting quality player.



    Stephen Jackson is my favorite Pacer. I wear my Stephen Jackson jersey proudly, and I think he was the mvp of our team last season. I had a Jack avatar at this site for the entire regular season. That doesn't mean his trade value isn't very low.
    Even with an attitude problem and Tinsley being injured; it still wouldn't be fair to give up Jax/tins/foster for Wally and Banks. We are already slim on bigs, and for us to give up a big and Jax. What if our rookies don't pan out? How we going to score? Wally is decent but, he doesn't "shine" plus he has had injuries in the past. Banks would just sit on the bench (like in Boston) behind A.J and Sauras. I don't see how it's worth it, maybe it's just me. Jax/Tinsley and maybe a future 2nd round draft pick but, not Foster. I think Jax can draw more then you think, like I wrote before, we're one of the only teams that care about "attitude". The Timberwolves just traded Wally for Ricky Davis, and I think Jax is the most comparable player to Davis except a tad bit better.

  7. #7
    Leisure Suit Larry
    Guest

    Default Re: Indiana/Boston/Minnesota + Indiana/L.A. Lakers

    Yeah because we are a little short on PGs and SFs....

  8. #8
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,150

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana/Boston/Minnesota + Indiana/L.A. Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Leisure Suit Larry
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah because we are a little short on PGs and SFs....
    We need a new point guard badly, and if you don't think our outside shooting needs help...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •