Thread: Pacers/ New Jersey Trade... Could this make our team Complete?

Default Pacers/ New Jersey Trade... Could this make our team Complete?

I was thinking and this is what I came up with. It runs through the Trade Checker successfully.

ID 3243575.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Jeff Foster
    6-11 C from Southwest Texas State
    5.9 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.1 minutes
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-3 PG from Iowa State
    9.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.0 apg in 26.7 minutes
    Stephen Jackson
    6-8 SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
    16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes
    Incoming
    Jason Kidd
    6-4 PG from California
    13.3 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 8.4 apg in 37.2 minutes
    Nenad Krstic
    7-0 C from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)
    13.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 30.8 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -4.8 ppg, -2.5 rpg, and +0.9 apg.

New Jersey Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Jason Kidd
    6-4 PG from California
    13.3 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 8.4 apg in 37.2 minutes
    Nenad Krstic
    7-0 C from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)
    13.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 30.8 minutes
    Incoming
    Jeff Foster
    6-11 C from Southwest Texas State
    5.9 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.1 minutes
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-3 PG from Iowa State
    9.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.0 apg in 26.7 minutes
    Stephen Jackson
    6-8 SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
    16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +4.8 ppg, +2.5 rpg, and -0.9 apg.

Right now we need a good PG and a true Center that isn't injury prone. We're solid at the 2-3 positions so it wouldn't hurt doing a 3 for 2 trade. (Really it's 2-2 because Tinsley doesn't play anyway lol) Kidd is a proven veteran that can absolutely run this new uptempo offense we are going for. Kidd is rarely injured, comes to play every night, can score at will, and has nice defense. Also, he is a leader; with all of these young 2's, 3's, and 5's we need a veteran PG to run the show. Kristic beat us up in the playoffs last year, he is a good true Center, and can score well. With Hulk backing him up, I think our middle will be nice and secure. If we sign Freddy and Al we will absolutely be perfect.

This probably won't happen but it could since NJ just drafted Williams they might consider trading Kidd. Take a look at what our potential roster would look like.

Kidd/A.J/Sauras
    Daniels/Jones?/White
    Granger/White/Williams
    JO/ Harrington?
    Kristic/Hulk

That roster screams Championship run, what do you guys think?

Mood

Default Re: Pacers/ New Jersey Trade... Could this make our team Complete?

dream on

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

that would be really sweet, but wouldnt happen. not a chance

If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    @thatguyjoe84

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No way in hell that happens. Plus the only positive is we get MVP Greater than Wilt, Nenad Kristic, that's the only good.

Who wants an old slowed-down version of Jason Kidd? He's about done.

Bottom line, this trade won't happen and for that I'm glad.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

So Marcus Williams makes Jason Kidd expandable? Huh, I don't think so. Williams isn't that good and even if he was why do they trade Kidd for another point guard? Where will Jackson play? They have Vince, RJ, and up and coming Antoine Wright. Why do the Nets trade their only big who can score, Kristic?

To be honest I think they trade the 2 best players in the trade. New Jersey has no reason whatsoever to do this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Marcus Williams makes Jason Kidd expandable? Huh, I don't think so. Williams isn't that good and even if he was why do they trade Kidd for another point guard? Where will Jackson play? They have Vince, RJ, and up and coming Antoine Wright. Why do the Nets trade their only big who can score, Kristic?

To be honest I think they trade the 2 best players in the trade. New Jersey has no reason whatsoever to do this deal.
    Jax can come off the bench behind Vin and RJJ. RJJ has been injured a lot the last couple of season so a back up would be nice. Tinsley would start, and Williams could come off the bench until he proves him self. Jax is the equalizer for the Foster/Kristic portion. I doubt it would ever happen but, It would be nice.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

One of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen.

No offense of course.

Larry would never even ask for a trade this insanely ridiculous. Might as well ask for VC while we're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31
    Jax can come off the bench behind Vin and RJJ. RJJ has been injured a lot the last couple of season so a back up would be nice. Tinsley would start, and Williams could come off the bench until he proves him self. Jax is the equalizer for the Foster/Kristic portion. I doubt it would ever happen but, It would be nice.
    The Nets don't need Jackson, they have Antoine Wright. They will give him a chance before trading for Stephen Jackson.

Yeah I know Tinsley would start but he is not better than Kidd and Williams would not be better than Kidd.

Jackson is no equalizer to the Kristic/Foster porition because the Nets don't need Jackson, and they don't need Foster's rebounding over Kristic's scoring. They could use another big to do the dirty work but they can get one without giving up Kidd and Kristic.

The Nets don't need Jackson, they have Antoine Wright. They will give him a chance before trading for Stephen Jackson.

Yeah I know Tinsley would start but he is not better than Kidd and Williams would not be better than Kidd.

Jackson is no equalizer to the Kristic/Foster porition because the Nets don't need Jackson, and they don't need Foster's rebounding over Kristic's scoring. They could use another big to do the dirty work but they can get one without giving up Kidd and Kristic.
    Like I wrote, I doubt it would ever happen. It's not a total farce like you and Isaac are making it out to be. A LOT of teams trade an ageing older superstar to save cap, and go alittle younger. Kidd is ageing, he has a huge salary so it wouldn't be a total shocker seeing him traded. RJJ has been hurt 3/5's of the last two seasons combined. Since Vince came he has been like a piece of paper out there. So Jax wouldn't be a bad pick up. Foster isn't a bum, he doesn't score as much as Kristic but he does grab more boards then he does. AGAIN, i don't think it would happen but, if NJ was looking to dump Cap, get a nice true back up for RJJ and Vince, a very nice pg when he is healthy and a decent Center, Here it is.

Like I wrote, I doubt it would ever happen. It's not a total farce like you and Isaac are making it out to be. A LOT of teams trade an ageing older superstar to save cap, and go alittle younger. Kidd is ageing, he has a huge salary so it wouldn't be a total shocker seeing him traded. RJJ has been hurt 3/5's of the last two seasons combined. Since Vince came he has been like a piece of paper out there. So Jax wouldn't be a bad pick up. Foster isn't a bum, he doesn't score as much as Kristic but he does grab more boards then he does. AGAIN, i don't think it would happen but, if NJ was looking to dump Cap, get a nice true back up for RJJ and Vince, a very nice pg when he is healthy and a decent Center, Here it is.
    Why do they trade Kristic though? You can make a strong case that he is the second best player in the deal.

And why do the Nets trade Kidd? Yeah yeah dump cap and go young but do you realize that the Nets have a shot at making the Finals this year? Sure they have to make a move or two but they are in a position to do that. They have a good thing with Kidd/Cater/RJ/Kirstic, why fix what's not broken?

Remember Kidd was the player who turned the Nets around a few years back, well you can't trade him AND Kirstic for a injury prone point guard who has a reputation of being lazy, a streaky shooter who is not liked by his own fans, and Jeff Foster, good role player but nothing more.

If the Nets wanted to trade Kidd, yes they would probably be looking for youth, cap space, picks but how in the world is this trade it? Tinsley and Jackson have long term deals and Foster is a guy who attracts interest of teams looking to win. None of the players we trade them have potential to improve much.

I just don't see the logic in this deal. Even if the Nets wanted to trade Kidd, i'd crap myself if this is what they were looking to get for Kidd.

And I still fail to realize how Kristic got in this deal, NJ has no reason to trade him for any the players they get.

Why do they trade Kristic though? You can make a strong case that he is the second best player in the deal.

And why do the Nets trade Kidd? Yeah yeah dump cap and go young but do you realize that the Nets have a shot at making the Finals this year? Sure they have to make a move or two but they are in a position to do that. They have a good thing with Kidd/Cater/RJ/Kirstic, why fix what's not broken?

Remember Kidd was the player who turned the Nets around a few years back, well you can't trade him AND Kirstic for a injury prone point guard who has a reputation of being lazy, a streaky shooter who is not liked by his own fans, and Jeff Foster, good role player but nothing more.

If the Nets wanted to trade Kidd, yes they would probably be looking for youth, cap space, picks but how in the world is this trade it? Tinsley and Jackson have long term deals and Foster is a guy who attracts interest of teams looking to win. None of the players we trade them have potential to improve much.

I just don't see the logic in this deal. Even if the Nets wanted to trade Kidd, i'd crap myself if this is what they were looking to get for Kidd.

And I still fail to realize how Kristic got in this deal, NJ has no reason to trade him for any the players they get.
    So you don't think it would work?? LOL.
    AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN HOW MANY ******ING TIMES DO I HAVE TO WRITE IT. AGAIN, I DON'T THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN. I DON'T THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN. AGAIN I DON'T THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN. AGAIN I DON'T THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN. AGAIN I DON'T THINK IT WOULD HAPPPEN. AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN I WOULD BE SHOCKED IF IT WOULD HAPPEN BUT, I DON'T THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN. AGAIN.

I'm not writing this trade is on the table, that it is serious, that it is going to happen, anything. I'm writing it would be nice, and if ALL of the factors played out it COULD happen. I'vE gave the reason why it COULD happen, and that's it. If you don't like it who gives a ****, I'm not saying it's going to happen. If NJ is looking for: a role player, to dump cap, more rebounds, a proven back up/easily starter on any other team for RJJ and Vince(because of RJJ's recent injuries), a good pg when he is healthy. then here it is. All of those factors would have to lie, I don't think they currently do but, IF,IF,IF,IF it was there it COULD happen. IF Williams who they just drafted, started performing overly well, they might move Kidd. Then they would need a role player, veteran like Foster on the team. You say they are making a push for the finals, they haven't made any transaction to make them better then last year. Also do you remember what happen last year verse Miami (the main reason why they lost)? RJJ went down, missed a couple of games and they got waxed. IF, AGAIN all SPECULATION NOT SAYING OR CLAIMING IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. SIMPLY AN IDEA, IF WOULD HAPPEN, it COULD MAKE OUR TEAM COMPLETE. NOT A RUMOR, NOT A SUGGESTION, A HOPE. GET IT? GOT IT?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

this is just comedy here
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

So you don't think it would work?? LOL.
    AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN HOW MANY ******ING TIMES DO I HAVE TO WRITE IT. AGAIN, I DON'T THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN. I DON'T THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN. AGAIN I DON'T THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN. AGAIN I DON'T THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN. AGAIN I DON'T THINK IT WOULD HAPPPEN. AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN I WOULD BE SHOCKED IF IT WOULD HAPPEN BUT, I DON'T THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN. AGAIN.

I'm not writing this trade is on the table, that it is serious, that it is going to happen, anything. I'm writing it would be nice, and if ALL of the factors played out it COULD happen. I'vE gave the reason why it COULD happen, and that's it. If you don't like it who gives a ****, I'm not saying it's going to happen. If NJ is looking for: a role player, to dump cap, more rebounds, a proven back up/easily starter on any other team for RJJ and Vince(because of RJJ's recent injuries), a good pg when he is healthy. then here it is. All of those factors would have to lie, I don't think they currently do but, IF,IF,IF,IF it was there it COULD happen. IF Williams who they just drafted, started performing overly well, they might move Kidd. Then they would need a role player, veteran like Foster on the team. You say they are making a push for the finals, they haven't made any transaction to make them better then last year. Also do you remember what happen last year verse Miami (the main reason why they lost)? RJJ went down, missed a couple of games and they got waxed. IF, AGAIN all SPECULATION NOT SAYING OR CLAIMING IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. SIMPLY AN IDEA, IF WOULD HAPPEN, it COULD MAKE OUR TEAM COMPLETE. NOT A RUMOR, NOT A SUGGESTION, A HOPE. GET IT? GOT IT?
    LOL you need to calm down son. haha you getting worked up over it, it's a trade idea you gettin all worked up haha that's funny.

I know that you are saying you don't think it would happen, but why post it then? Or better yet why say you don't think it would happen and try to defend it?

If I may quote you:

"Like I wrote, I doubt it would ever happen."

Very good, i'm glad you don't really think it would happen for real.

However you say it probably won't happen, then you give reasons to say that it would.

"A LOT of teams trade an ageing older superstar to save cap, and go alittle younger."
    "Kidd is ageing, he has a huge salary so it wouldn't be a total shocker seeing him traded."
    "RJJ has been hurt 3/5's of the last two seasons combined. Since Vince came he has been like a piece of paper out there. So Jax wouldn't be a bad pick up." A real bargin for Kidd/Kristic, especially getting Tinsley and Foster too.
    "Foster isn't a bum, he doesn't score as much as Kristic but he does grab more boards then he does." Kristic is still better. If they wanted rebounding they could keep Kristic and probably sign Reggie Evans.
    "AGAIN, i don't think it would happen but, if NJ was looking to dump Cap, get a nice true back up for RJJ and Vince, a very nice pg when he is healthy and a decent Center, Here it is."

How does this dump cap again? Kidd has 3 years left on his deal, and Jackson and Tinsley have more than that I believe. In fact if you really want to know the numbers the Nets take back 16 million in salary (rough estimate) and they trade 19 million, a whole 3 million dollars for next season lol, but they have to trade 2 starters to do it? And no they don't save money long term because the Nets take back around 64 million in long term salary, while only trading around 62, so without an extension for Kristic they end up spending more dollars, and even if they don't want to pay Kristic they are better off dumping him for a 1rst or something.

Again, I know that you seem to not think that this deal will ever happen, but yet you try and give logical reasons why it could happen.

So I understand you are just hoping, no harm in that, what I don't understand is why you are trying to convience me that New Jersey would do that deal. If I may quote you "GET IT? GOT IT?"

It's an okay trade, but I would really like to see Vince Carter thrown in there.

And seriously, if you don't think it would happen, and you don't want feedback, why post in on a message board?

People should be forced to take a drug test before being allowed to use the RealGM Trade Checker.

Jay Ohh

I don't want Kidd or his contract. He's old.