Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: WE GOT MARQUIS

Default Re: WE GOT MARQUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball Kid
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't have 'Quis and Tinsley starting at the sametime.
    And why cant we?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Not really. What about a little outside shooting from the backcourt. Tinsley is gone
    We don't have to trade Tinsley to get a decent shooter from the backcourt. I think we should be going after Steve Blake from Portland. He'd probably be the perfect backup. He shoots over 40% from beyond the arc, 80% from the FT line, and was 3rd best in the league in assist/turnover - one better than Jason Kidd. He's not a big name, but he can run an offense and hit some shots too. I know he can be had for cheap. I'd sign Blake, and let AJ or Saras go as part of another deal. I'd keep Tinsley around just to see how he'd be in this offense. Not like we'd get THAT much for him anyway.

Talking Re: WE GOT MARQUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen

BTW....I havnt given up on Tinsley yet. I think his point guard skills are suited perfectly for a run-n-gun style team.
    (hush,,,, it's a secret)

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    And why cant we?
    Because both guards are mediocre shooters.
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

so...are we set that it was just Marquis Daniels for Austin Croshere?

i still have scared feeling that this was too good to be true and that we lose more than this orig. trade

In an offense that plans to run, it's quite important to have a point that can get players the ball in the right spot. I don't know of anybody that's available that can do this better than Tinsley. Keep Tinsley and allow him to FINALLY run the style he's best suited to run. He might just mess around and have some fun with it.

Sports Logo

FINALLY!!!!! An Offseason move that ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE!!!!

Marquis for Croshere!!!

Bird got his replacement starting SG....now he just has to get rid of the problemed SG and we would finally be pointed in the right direction.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Are we forgetting that Tinsley cannot stay healthy

And besides with Marquis at shooting guard we don't need a pure point guard.

Maybe he will be finally blessed by the hand of God, and he will be able to play 75 games next year. Please do that for us Jermaine, bless Jamaal.

Can't stay healthy is a title partially given to Marquis as well. I think allowing Tinsley to play some uptempo ball and actually have some fun might do wonders for him. He's at least worth one more try here. Especially now.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Maybe he will be finally blessed by the hand of God, and he will be able to play 75 games next year. Please do that for us Jermaine, bless Jamaal.
    I wish.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Exactly! We could pursue combo guards of the West/James mold. Couldn't theoretically someone like Ben Gordon work too? Someone of that mold? An undersized 2?

Good trade for both teams I think. Pacers get a nice young talented swingman ... Mavs finally get a decent backup at PF for Dirk.

(She said) Oh ... oh ...
    (And I said) Yeah ... yeah ...
    (She said) Oh ... oh ...
    (And I said) That's the one for me.

-Ron Artest making great music that I will always remember.

Horologist Extraordinaire t1hs0n's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy

Uh, Jeff + Cabbage = 2.

Now to trade those two to ATL for AL and Bonzi will sign for the MLE 'cause we will no longer have white dudes on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    FINALLY!!!!! An Offseason move that ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE!!!!

Marquis for Croshere!!!

Bird got his replacement starting SG....now he just has to get rid of the problemed SG and we would finally be pointed in the right direction.
    Oh I'm sure Walsh and Bird will be so overjoyed that you approve of this move. You know, they made the call to Dallas right after reading Kravitz's column this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by t1hs0n
    Now to trade those two to ATL for AL and Bonzi will sign for the MLE 'cause we will no longer have white dudes on the team.

woohoo no more white people EUROS RULE!!!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof
    Oh I'm sure Walsh and Bird will be so overjoyed that you approve of this move. You know, they made the call to Dallas right after reading Kravitz's column this morning.
    If my approval is all they need to actually make some solid moves...rather then questionable moves.....that make any type of sense...then I am more then happy to give it to them.

But if it takes fans like us to point out the type of moves that are obvious......then I really wonder what Walsh/Brid do up there on that perch of theirs.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....2c5580ec.html

Daniels dealt as Mavs pick up a Pacer

Dallas receives forward Austin Croshere

11:40 PM CDT on Wednesday, July 5, 2006

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

Marquis Daniels never fit into Avery Johnson's system. Now, he won't have to.

The Mavericks dealt the three-year veteran to the Indiana Pacers for forward Austin Croshere in a trade agreed to earlier this week. The deal will be made official next Wednesday, when 2006-07 contracts go into effect.

Daniels, a 6-6 guard, had been everything from a starter to a backup to an afterthought during his three years with the Mavericks. Since Johnson took over as coach, it was too often the last one.
    Mavericks/NBA

Tell Us: Thumbs up or down on the deal?

Bios, stats: Daniels | Croshere

More Mavericks

"If we were going to leave Dallas, this is where Marquis wanted to go," said Glenn Schwartzman, Daniels' agent. "He'll definitely get an opportunity to play a lot there, and the Mavericks hopefully get a piece that fits for them.

"For whatever reason, it was apparent that his situation wasn't going to change unless there was an injury, and you never want that. For us, if we were going to get it done, it was important that we get it done quickly."

The salaries of the 6-10 Croshere and Daniels will match closely enough under NBA rules for the straight-up swap. Croshere makes $7.3 million next season, the last of his contract. Daniels will earn $5.883 million. For trade purposes, NBA salaries must be within 125 percent of each other, plus $100,000.

The Mavericks will save about $19 million in salary because Daniels' contract extends through 2010 at about $26 million, although the final season, at $7.35 million, is at the team's option.

Daniels started 61 of the 178 games he played in three seasons with the Mavericks. He never played more than 62 games in a season, mostly because of injuries. He averaged a career-best 10.2 points this season, but he was a bit player through most of the playoffs, averaging 3.4 points in slightly over 10 minutes per game.

Mavericks officials were unavailable to comment on the trade, citing NBA rules prohibiting dialogue from team personnel until next Wednesday.

Throughout the playoffs, Daniels was the fourth guard in the rotation, playing behind Jason Terry, Jerry Stackhouse and Devin Harris. With the Mavericks drafting shooting guard Maurice Ager last week, Daniels' role would appear to be further reduced.

Croshere has been with Indiana throughout his nine-year career, averaging 7.5 points and 4.3 rebounds. He's a career 34.3 percent 3-point shooter. The Mavericks see him as a replacement for Keith Van Horn, who became a free agent July 1 and now appears likely to sign elsewhere. Croshere had been with the Pacers longer than any other current member of the team.

Schwartzman said the trade had been agreed to before the July 4th holiday. But details weren't wrapped up until Wednesday. It is pending NBA approval next week and both players passing physicals.

"We've had a good relationship with the Mavericks and we're very appreciative of the way they've treated Marquis," Schwartzman said. "He got an opportunity to prove himself, and also got a chance to experience the Finals, where he proved himself quite well.

"But in this league, young players need to play. We just didn't see that happening with the roster situation in Dallas."

Daniels was undrafted in 2003, but the Mavericks signed him as a free agent for one season. After averaging 8.5 points, including 20.7 points, 6.2 rebounds and 4.9 assists over the last 11 games of the season, he was given a six-year deal worth about $36 million, $29 million of which was guaranteed.

Mavericks open summer-league play: The Mavericks will open play today in the first of three summer leagues this month, taking on the Denver Nuggets at the Toshiba Vegas Summer League.

The opener begins at 5 p.m. Rolando Blackman is coaching the Mavericks' entry in the Las Vegas league that is considered their "A" team. First-round draftee Maurice Ager joins veterans Josh Powell, Rawle Marshall and Pavel Podkolzin on the squad of 12. The "A" team also will compete in the Rocky Mountain Revue, July 14-21 in Salt Lake City.

The Mavericks will send a "B" team to the Long Beach Summer Pro League, which starts Sunday.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    -- Albert Einstein

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731
    First game of the playoffs this year the guys behind were arguing over whether Ron was hurt or still suspended from the brawl. Swear to God.
    And people wonder why I got rid of my tickets.

Now that this is done, all Larry needs to do is get Burger King on the phone and take Al from him.

HOLY ****

No.

Oh my God, no.

I can't believe I just heard this, no.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

I still think that the NBA won't approve this or that something will be wrong with the physicals...this is too good to be true.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wooolus
    The White guy count on the Pacers: 1
    Wrong and irrevelant.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    If my approval is all they need to actually make some solid moves...rather then questionable moves.....that make any type of sense...then I am more then happy to give it to them.

But if it takes fans like us to point out the type of moves that are obvious......then I really wonder what Walsh/Brid do up there on that perch of theirs.
    You're serious.

Wow. Blink an eye and the landscape changes - again. Thanks for all your years of service Cro! I loved to see you play well. Too bad you couldn't retire a Pacer, but at the salary level you were at, this was your year to go. At least you are going to a good team with good fans. Hopefully they will appreciate you there. Good luck!

This was a good trade and it will help change the atmoshere of this team.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.