Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What big moves are fans expecting?

Default Re: What big moves are fans expecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I 100% agree with you in that teams will take a chance on Tinsley. I just don't think there are many teams out there who would give you a starting caliber pg in return for him, which is what the Pacers need.
    You're right, no team is gonna give us a starting PG for Tinsley. If they had a good PG, they wouldn't need Tinsley. But there's no rule that says we have to trade him for a PG. We can trade him for a Big who's the odd man out in the rotation, or trade him for a 2 who doesn't get along with his coach.

Players aren't as highly valued as their proponents hope, but they also aren't as lowly valued as their detractors fear. There will always be teams willing to take a chance. For example, Doc Rivers loves Tinsley. I'd bet George Karl is sure he can get the most out of a guy like Jackson. GM's fall in love with talent, and always believe problems had off the court will disappear in "the right system".

There are always deals to be made. However, as Able pointed out, TPTB have to be willing to trade them first.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog
    Boris Diaw was traded for Joe Johnson. Joe frickin' Johnson, an All-Star caliber player.

I disagree entirely with your assesment. Even the Hawks knew Diaw was a prospect, they just wanted Johnson more. And no one will offer a young prospect for what we have to give. Nash, meanwhile, was already a top-notch point guard, just not an MVP-type player yet.

Not only do we not fit the bill for one of these trades, but these crazy improvements aren't common in the first place, UB, they're very rare; in fact, I believe they give out an award for it.

Will the Mavs do Daniels for Jax/Tins? No effin' way. And they have no need for Runi or Foster, their roster is already full of solid contributors.

I think you're not being realistic and holding out for something that ain't gonna happen.

No, Joe Johnson was leaving as a free agent, so in order to get something the Suns got Diaw. it wasn't as though the Suns wanted Diaw and decided to trade JJ in order to get him.

I certainly hope Bird isn't planning on sitting by the pool or planning on watching any firework displays this weekend.

Bird has a lot of work to do and he doesn't have that much time

woman without a team

What am I expecting? Not a damn thing. I believe in keeping expectations low.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

1) Trade Cro and AJ to Atlanta for Al Harrington. The Hawks need a C and a PG. The Hawks Rent-a-Cro for a season to help out at the 5, and basically get a good PG for free.

2) Trade Jack and Tins to Denver for Andre Miller. The Nuggets need a SG and a good PG to replace Miller. This gives them both. They've been shopping Miller for months now, and the Denver fans on RealGM have been very receptive to this offer.

Then, we should make plays to sign/re-sign:

Pollard
    Freddie
    Jay Williams

And see if Bonzi or another SG could be had for the MLE or in a sign-and-trade (Marquis Daniels?).

C - JO/Hulk/Polly
    PF - Al/Foster
    SF - Granger/SWilliams
    SG - Freddie (or new SG)/Flight
    PG - Miller/Runi/JWilliams

We could also use Foster to replace Cro, Tins/AJ are interchangable (Denver fans are also not adverse to getting Runi), Fred could be dealt in a S&T instead of Jack...there are LOTS of possibilities here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    1) Trade Cro and AJ to Atlanta for Al Harrington. The Hawks need a C and a PG. The Hawks Rent-a-Cro for a season to help out at the 5, and basically get a good PG for free.

2) Trade Jack and Tins to Denver for Andre Miller. The Nuggets need a SG and a good PG to replace Miller. This gives them both. They've been shopping Miller for months now, and the Denver fans on RealGM have been very receptive to this offer.

Pollard
    Freddie
    Jay Williams

And see if Bonzi or another SG could be had for the MLE or in a sign-and-trade (Marquis Daniels?).

That is not a bad plan.

Pollard
    Freddie
    Jay Williams

Uh, hello, Eddie Gill?

Traitor.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Uh, hello, Eddie Gill?

Traitor.
    Gill doesn't need to be mentioned. He's a given.

Gill doesn't need to be mentioned. He's a given.
    Yu huh. Re-sign Scot and Freddie, then go after Jay Williams?! Whatever.

I'm gonna have Rat remove you from the wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Maybe, or just maybe 2 or 3 years from now, no one wants him at his salary of $13 million and you are complaining about how his salary is way too much, and how we can't get rid of him, and how in the world could we have paid a guy who doesn't start
    Boy, don't you know it. We'd hear about it over and over and over again like a...

But now I guess we'll have to hear for the next five years how it was a mistake we didn't re-sign Peja. Oh joy. Oh rapture.

How about we stay put this year and try to get LeBron next year. He could be a free agent.