Thread: Idea: Pacers/Wolves

Default Idea: Pacers/Wolves

Pacers Get:
    - Troy Hudson

TimberWolves Get:
    - Jamaal Tinsley

Most of you probably will not like this to much, heck even I don't, but I am one of those who want Tinsley out of here badly.

Here are the rewards to this trade:
    - Hudson gives us shooting.
    - Hudson's contract is one year shorter.

Here are the bad parts:
    - Hudson is not much of a playmaker.
    - Hudson is inconsistant.

Here are the equalizers:
    - Both are injury prone.
    - If we want shooting Hudson might be the best we can do. When you consider who we want to trade, who is on the trade market, and who we could sign in free agency, I think that Hudson might be one of the best opitions we have when we talk about adding a point who can shoot.

Question marks:
    - Hudson's attitude?
    - Hudson's defense?

I think that the Timberwolves would do this even though they just drafted Randy Foye. They need a natural point guard badly. From everything i've read they will not be signing Marcus Banks and their current roster does not feature a playmaker. Jaric = Combo guard, Hudson = shooter, and Foye = Rookie, unproven at point because he was a 2 in college.

This isn't exactly a trade that would have me jumping up and down for joy but it's not a bad trade, for us or the Wolves. It's not to risky either, IMO.

I think that this would be a really good trade for us especially if we can trade Jackson/Johnson for Andre Miller, but I don't know that Denver would ever do that trade. They want to upgrade the 2 and Jackson might be their best opition, especially when they get Johnson too but IDK for sure.

Another idea is to swap Sarunas for Damon Jones, if we really want to add some shooting. Saras was heavily recruited by the Cavs to sign with them and they want to trade Damon Jones so maybe they still want Saras? I don't think that Bird would trade Saras after one year though, that's admiting you made a mistake in signing him in a way.

Default Re: Idea: Pacers/Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers Get:
    - Troy Hudson

TimberWolves Get:
    - Jamaal Tinsley

Most of you probably will not like this to much, heck even I don't, but I am one of those who want Tinsley out of here badly.

Here are the rewards to this trade:
    - Hudson gives us shooting.
    - Hudson's contract is one year shorter.

Here are the bad parts:
    - Hudson is not much of a playmaker.
    - Hudson is inconsistant.

Here are the equalizers:
    - Both are injury prone.
    - If we want shooting Hudson might be the best we can do. When you consider who we want to trade, who is on the trade market, and who we could sign in free agency, I think that Hudson might be one of the best opitions we have when we talk about adding a point who can shoot.

Question marks:
    - Hudson's attitude?
    - Hudson's defense?

I think that the Timberwolves would do this even though they just drafted Randy Foye. They need a natural point guard badly. From everything i've read they will not be signing Marcus Banks and their current roster does not feature a playmaker. Jaric = Combo guard, Hudson = shooter, and Foye = Rookie, unproven at point because he was a 2 in college.

This isn't exactly a trade that would have me jumping up and down for joy but it's not a bad trade, for us or the Wolves. It's not to risky either, IMO.

I think that this would be a really good trade for us especially if we can trade Jackson/Johnson for Andre Miller, but I don't know that Denver would ever do that trade. They want to upgrade the 2 and Jackson might be their best opition, especially when they get Johnson too but IDK for sure.

Another idea is to swap Sarunas for Damon Jones, if we really want to add some shooting. Saras was heavily recruited by the Cavs to sign with them and they want to trade Damon Jones so maybe they still want Saras? I don't think that Bird would trade Saras after one year though, that's admiting you made a mistake in signing him in a way.
    I'd take a pack of skittles, and a crunch bar for Tinsley. He doesn't do us any good sitting on the bench.

What about Tinsley for a S&T of Marcus Banks? It was reported before the draft that the Pacers were exploring trade options with the TWolves that involved Tinsley, and that McHale is interested in him.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Vantaa/Finland Favorite Players: Danny Granger, Stephen Jackson, Jermaine O'neal, Gilbert Arenas

Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about Tinsley for a S&T of Marcus Banks? It was reported before the draft that the Pacers were exploring trade options with the TWolves that involved Tinsley, and that McHale is interested in him.
    That makes little bit more sense than that Hudson trade... but still I wouldn't do this if it didn't include any draft picks...