Thread: Possible 3 team deal?? Pacers/Raptors/Hawks

Hybrid View

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Possible 3 team deal?? Pacers/Raptors/Hawks

Todays Indy Star talks about Al Harrington being reacquired by the Pacers in a sign and trade. It also list Mike James as possible.

Its well known the Raptors have a lot of interest in Peja Stojakovic .

The Hawks need a point guard,the Raptors have a free agent one available in Mike James.

Perhaps Peja goes to the Raptors , James and a 2nd rounder from the Raptors to the Hawks and Harrington to the Pacers.Or Jamaal Tinsley and Sarunas Jasikevicius end up in Atlanta and James in Indy.

Not saying its likely but not beyond the real of possibility. Pacers could end up with both Harrington and James at the cost of Peja , Tinsley and Sarunas. Okay its the off season too much time on my hands.

Just a thought. But that way all 3 teams get needed parts.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Possible 3 team deal?? Pacers/Raptors/Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Todays Indy Star talks about Al Harrington being reacquired by the Pacers in a sign and trade. It also list Mike James as possible.

Its well known the Raptors have a lot of interest in Peja Stojakovic .

The Hawks need a point guard,the Raptors have a free agent one available in Mike James.

Perhaps Peja goes to the Raptors , James and a 2nd rounder from the Raptors to the Hawks and Harrington to the Pacers.Or Jamaal Tinsley and Sarunas Jasikevicius end up in Atlanta and James in Indy.

Not saying its likely but not beyond the real of possibility. Pacers could end up with both Harrington and James at the cost of Peja , Tinsley and Sarunas. Okay its the off season too much time on my hands.

Just a thought. But that way all 3 teams get needed parts.
    No, thx. I like Al, but we don't need even more tweener's, especially not if we have to give up one of the elite 3-point shooters for it who also happens to rebound well.

Who is going to score our 3-pointers with Peja and possibly even Sarunas gone? I remember when we had (Mo)Ron, Al and JO in the line up and it just didn't work out as we all envisioned it. I think a line up with Danny, Al and JO will probably have the same result unless:

1) we can convince JO to play most of the time at Center (which we know he doesn't want to do anymore), so Al can play PF and Danny can play SF and someone else we will have to acquire this summer then can play SG and is a good 3-point shooter or

2) we acquire a VERY good 3-point shooter at PG, so we can atleast resemble some sort of threatening inside-out game and have some serious threat from longrange from or own backcourt players. In this scenario we would be much more free to place JO at PF, give Al more time at SF aswell as good minutes at PF, while Danny can get most of his minutes at SF and a good share of them at SG (if that would work out).

Unless we can accomplish one of the above I don't think it's a good idea to go after Al, especially since we just drafted another PF/SF and a SF/SG. Allthough, like I said, Al is a good chemistry guy and generally a pretty good player, we simply have other needs.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

hmm, i just proposed a similar deal in the marquis daniels thread, but with pacers/raptors/mavs instead of hawks. this one works also.

but, how will we fit harrington in? remember that we're developing granger and shawne williams at the sf/pf spots, which is where al would play as well. it seems unfair to al to bring him back just as a stopgap measure until the future stars develop fully.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Would the Hawks do it for Tins and Sarunas? IDK. I think they would have to get 2nd round picks from both us and the Raps at least. Either way any deal, where we land BOTH James and Al and keep Danny and JO, I will, be happy about.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo

Not to discourage DiamondDave from posting trade suggestions....but because of his "reputation" for being having access to "inside" information with the Pacers....but was I the only one that thought that his post wasn't a "trade suggestion"....but actual "inside info"?

When I saw the title and saw that DiamondDave posted it....I was thinking to myself........does DD have inside info and that we could actually be getting back Baby Al?????.

But after reading the post....I realized that DD was just posting a "Trade suggestion".

Just kidding DD.....but that's what happens when you build a reputation like the one you have on PD.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Well I wouldn't mind getting Al back I don't like the thought of having Mike James.

I'd rather have Dainels or Mike James. Unless we'll going to trade JO, then I'd want Al

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    I'd rather have Dainels or Mike James. Unless we'll going to trade JO, then I'd want Al
    Aggreed! ONLY IF we would trade JO would I be interested in trying to get Al. But, not now. We are absolutely LOADED at SF already and would be getting even deeper there and PF aswell. I don't see that as a current necessity for our team (sp?) at all, actually I think it could create some real chemistry problems in the long term with too many able and capeable players available for the team to play.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Maybe long term Al is not a good fit. But short term, I would think Al Harrington would be a good fit, if he arrives when Peja departs.

If Danny wins the small forward starting spot, Al could start at power forward with JO at center. Or, if you want to go big, Al can reprise his old role as sixth man sharing time at small forward with Danny G.

Al would also be valued insurance at small forward in case Shawne Williams has trouble adjusting to the NBA.