Thread: Franchise ?

Question Franchise ?

Ok so I am bored,. Franchise's stock is at a all time low.. and it's a gamble..

Everyone deserve's a 4 th chance right

New York Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Steve Francis
    6-3 PG from Maryland
    14.4 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 4.9 apg in 34.2 minutes
    Incoming
    Stephen Jackson
    6-8 SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
    16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes
    Austin Croshere
    6-10 PF from Providence
    8.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.2 apg in 22.9 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +10.2 ppg, +5.1 rpg, and -0.9 apg.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Stephen Jackson
    6-8 SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
    16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes
    Austin Croshere
    6-10 PF from Providence
    8.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.2 apg in 22.9 minutes
    Incoming
    Steve Francis
    6-3 PG from Maryland
    14.4 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 4.9 apg in 34.2 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -10.2 ppg, -5.1 rpg, and +0.9 apg.

Why Not Us ?

Default Re: Franchise ?

If it were Jamal Tinsley/Stephen Jackson for Steve Francis i'd highly consider it.

Steve only has 3 more years left on his contract. While he is a very high paid player he is very good even with his attitude.

Here is the problem with Steve more so than his attitude.

He is not unselfish enough and way to turnover prone to play point guard.

Yet he is not a good enough defender to guard 2s either. One he is to small and two he just isn't a good defender, IMO. So you have to have the right point guard next to him. I don't know who that would be.

So ultimantly I would pass on Steve but not before looking into him as he is a player. Steve can play and I think that we need some guys who can play. But with his attitude and the difficulties Rick would face with him in the lineup it isn't worth it.

The right point guard next to him is Mardy Collins. Great pick-up for Zeke. Mardy has the size and defensive ability to guard almost any 2-guard, but is an excellent passer and leader. This allows them to keep Steve, but Marbury might be on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it were Jamal Tinsley/Stephen Jackson for Steve Francis i'd highly consider it.

Steve only has 3 more years left on his contract. While he is a very high paid player he is very good even with his attitude.

Here is the problem with Steve more so than his attitude.

He is not unselfish enough and way to turnover prone to play point guard.

Yet he is not a good enough defender to guard 2s either. One he is to small and two he just isn't a good defender, IMO. So you have to have the right point guard next to him. I don't know who that would be.

So ultimantly I would pass on Steve but not before looking into him as he is a player. Steve can play and I think that we need some guys who can play. But with his attitude and the difficulties Rick would face with him in the lineup it isn't worth it.
    I think Steve would change being around more positive players. If we could mellow out his attitude and they would take Jax and Tins for him; DO IT.! For some reason I don't mind Steve even with his attitude problems.

I proposed something similar to this a while back, and it got shot down. Regardless, trading Cro in this trade is a bad idea. Francis' contract is bad enough as-is, at least if we kept Croshere, it would sting a little less next year.

This idea has also come up on the RealGM boards, except their trade is S&T Peja + Tinsley for Francis + 07 1st. I like that deal better because we don't really need Peja anymore, and going from Tinsley to Francis is an upgrade. The 1st will probably be a low 1st, because if I remember right, Chicago has the option to switch again next year, so we'd end up with CHI's 1st, but in a draft as deep as next year's, we could still snag a good player.

I got to see some NYK games this past year, and Francis/Crawford were really the only guys to buy into LB's plans, and they played very well because of it. I think that Francis has matured to the point where he'd accept coaching from Carlisle, and wouldn't feel like he had to try to carry the team with JO already being here.

This is definitely near the top on my list of solid trades the Pacers could make to help them become more up-tempo.