Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toronto after Pedja big time

Default Re: Toronto after Pedja big time

We need guys who can hit game winners. We have 0 right now. Granger might be that guy in a year or two, but as of right now, we have ZERO who are reliable game-winners. Mike James plays good defense, an can take over games when it matters. If we're going to lose Peja anyways, we might as well get something back that can help, especially with our new style. I'd try to trade Peja and AJ or Sarunas for a S&T James and a 1st. That way Toronto ensures they have a quality backup for TJ Ford, they get their SF to replace Charlie V and open up the floor for Bosh, and we get a guy who can score in the 4th quarter and a pick to speed up this process of becoming a more athletic team.

I don't really like Mike James' attitude, but that could be a direct result of being surrounded by Canadians for the last year or so. In addition, we all like to take a dump on shoot-first PGs, but that's exactly what Jason Terry is, and people were drooling over him during the playoffs a couple weeks ago.

People need to remember that we will be lucky to get anything for Peja if he signs with the Raptors (or the Hornets) because they can sign him because they are under the cap enough.

If we are lucky we get MoPete or Graham.

If we end up signing Mike James i'm gonna be pissed. His attitude sucks and i'd rather have that Jose Caurdlen guy they have instead of Mike James. Let James sign with the Cavs. We don't need him. He will cost us a nice chuck of money and he is no long term soluition.

Sports Logo

I am telling you guys now.....if Bryan Colanglo rings the door bell of Peja's house in 2 1/2 hours and offers him a contract for 5 years / $55 mil........I can see him going to Toronto.

The Pacers are gonna blink if its anything more then 6 years / 8.5 mil.

BC cleared the space for him on the roster and all they have to sign the contract to bring him there.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

When we S&T'd Brad, we got Pollard (a solid backup at the position) and Turko (a young prospect).

The best Toronto could do, though, is MoPete.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When we S&T'd Brad, we got Pollard (a solid backup at the position) and Turko (a young prospect).

The best Toronto could do, though, is MoPete.
    Personally....if he has to go in a S&T....I don't mind MoPete.....unless we can get Desmond Mason from the Hornets.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    I find it interesting people comment on Peja being 29 and not wanting to sign him for 5 or 6 years ,he has been a 3 time all star and averaged 19ppg here.

Yet they would do a sign and trade for Mike James a 31 year old journeyman shoot first point guard who had a good year for a poor Raptor team. James is wanting paid in the 7-9 mil range himself as a free agent.

Sorry I just don't see the logic there.
    '
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I'd be very happy if we could get MoPete for Peja. He's an athletic 2, has good chemistry with others on and off the court, and most importantly, allows Danny to stay at the 3.

As for James, I don't see us getting him:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...arc&id=2506375

The maiden report of face-to-face wooing on Stein Line radar: Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy, according to team sources, was on the doorstep of Mike James' Houston home to speak with the free-agent point guard at the first opportunity: 11:01 p.m. Texas time Friday.

The Rockets want to bring back the chatty point guard they banished to Toronto on the first day of training camp in October in a trade for Rafer Alston. And I suspect James is thrilled, given that Houston remains his off-season base and remembering how he told ESPN.com in March -- several months into his breakout season -- that he never stopped thinking about the Rockets because "I thought I would be doing this for Houston."

Van Gundy knows, though, that the Rockets will face a fair bit of competition for the 31-year-old. Dallas coach Avery Johnson is another big fan of James' confidence and toughness and is said to like the idea of playing James and Jason Terry together. Potential stumbling blocks for the Mavs: James wants a five-year deal and Dallas prefers a three-year arrangement ... and the Raptors have apparently rebuffed a sign-and-trade offer from the Mavs featuring swingman Marquis Daniels.

Daniels is almost certain to be moved this off-season, but it remains to be seen if the Raps will attempt to get something back for James via sign-and-trade or simply let him go after Friday night's trade for James' replacement: Milwaukee's T.J. Ford.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo

Mike James is asking for AT LEAST a 5 year contract.

At the age of 31.....that's reason #2 why I wouldn't want Mike James.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Raptors fans seem to want no part of Peja.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Raptors fans seem to want no part of Peja.
    Those were the guys that thought Jermaine wasn't worth Charlie V and the pick.

I wouldn't listen to them.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Sactown was over the cap and was forced to sign and trade, if they wanted Brad. Salaries had to match.

Not so with Toronto.

If the Raps wanted Peja, the only reason the Raps would have to give anything up to get him would be if Peja is demanding a six-year contract.

Our best bet in a Toronto sign and trade might be to take Joey Graham and find a team who wants Graham and cut them in on a 3-way trade. The Bucks for Magliore, the Knicks for Francis would be two examples, assuming the Pacers wanted either of those two players. Or Graham could be used somehow in an effort to land a sign and trade for Al Harrington.

Pacers are going to need to be creative as hell, if they are going to come out of the summer smelling like a rose.