Thread: What ever happened to that kid the magic drafted last year?

Default What ever happened to that kid the magic drafted last year?

I was wondering what ever happened to that kid the magic drafted last year,I know he refused to play in the nba,but I havent heard anything since.I was just wondering because I know last year on alot of the mock drafts they had us taking this kid..ahh here it is found his name; Fran Vazquez.

any info?
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

Sports Logo

Default Re: What ever happened to that kid the magic drafted last year?

Frans Vasquez

I think I read that he is gonna join the Magic this season.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

from their GM last month:

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/Otis_S...46406-800.html

From Cedric (5/18): Hi Otis. Congratulations for the GM position. Is it true that Vazquez is gonna play for us next year?? Thx go magic.

Otis: Cedric, it would be very nice if Fran Vazquez was to play for the Magic this upcoming season, but I don't see it in 2007. Our goal is to have him in a Magic uniform in the 2008 season. He is getting married this summer, and I don't know if she will allow him to make the trip this season. Thanks.

what the?

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Banned

Did he marry Mrs Doug Christie?

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/gossip/

Fran Vazquez is whipped

Get more: Gossip, Orlando Magic The Orlando Sentinel ran a lengthy article Sunday about their #1 pick in the 05 Draft staying in Spain for the next four years. The long version is a fear of adjusting to a new country, a greedy foreign agent, and being so young that taking a picture of Grant Hill's locker blows his mind. Why someone didn't tell him "hey ugly, if you sign this contract, you get to hang out with Grant Hill every day," we'll never know. Wait - yes we will:

Beyond [Fran's agent], there was a familiar voice talking to Vazquez, his girlfriend. The opinions about [Ana Marie] Toral are harsh among the Spanish media and basketball community, pointing to her influence in persuading Vazquez to stay in Spain. She appears to have a say in everything involving Vazquez, including his interaction with the media. She sat down with Vazquez a few minutes into an interview with an Orlando Sentinel reporter and stayed for the duration, though she was cordial and did not try to interfere.
    The perception is not always so benign.
    "I recently asked the players on the national team how many tickets they needed for the [international] games," said Manolo Rubia, the team manager of Unicaja Malaga (and who has the same role with the national team).
    "Everybody said, two, three, six, whatever. Fran said, 'I'll have to ask Ana.' He can't even decide how many tickets he wants for himself. Orlando is not losing anything."
    That's neat. Who cares, though - as we searched everywhere for a picture of Ana, we came upon a much more fascinating guy, who went right after Fran. We can't be bothered to look up the name of this Clipper pick, so we're calling him Doofy Slasvitool, which translated to English means "Jesus".
    Posted by The Cavalier at 09:20 AM | Permalink | Comments (0)
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

His g/f is probably smoking hot, and with a mug like that he's probably afraid to lose her.

What he fails to recognize, is that girls are a dime a dozen for NBA players.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We can't be bothered to look up the name of this Clipper pick, so we're calling him Doofy Slasvitool, which translated to English means "Jesus".
    I laughed.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our goal is to have him in a Magic uniform in the 2008 season. He is getting married this summer, and I don't know if she will allow him to make the trip this season. Thanks.
    Guess this makes Cabbage missing the WBC not so bad.

As for not letting him make an NBA salary this season. Is she f-ing nuts? I'd let my husband play on the moon if he sent me the paycheck.

I think that Magic thought he was going to play right away and then he stayed overseas last season and it looks like he will again haha that sucks for them.

Good for us because since they selected him that is one of the reasons we got Granger. Thanks Magic.