Thread: Indy/Philly Dealy

Steve McQueen

Default Indy/Philly Dealy

Indiana Trades:
    Anthony Johnson

Philadelphia Trades:
    Kevin Ollie

Why For Indy: We move up to signifigantly increase our chances of landing Ronnie Brewer or perhaps Marcus Williams. Ollie can take Eddie Gills place at the end of the bench.

Why For Philly: They pick up a nice veteran point guard to help A.I. run the show, while only moving down 4 slots.

Default Re: Indy/Philly Dealy

Kevin Ollie was part of the Artest/Rose swap wasn't he? IIRC, he wasn't that bad when he played here, but he's certainly a bit over the hill right now. I think we can get something better than that for AJ.

Ollie played here in 01-02, was part of the Artest/Rose deal IIRC. He wasn't half bad then as a backup, but he's definitely washed up now. I think we can get something better for AJ than just moving up 4 spots in the draft and taking on a player that will do nothing for us. At least we know AJ can put up 40 points if he really wants to...

To be a bit more constructive, I'd try to make this deal a bit more reasonable by us throwing in an extra player, possibly Croshere's expiring contract, and picking up Dalembert (which they don't seem to be happy with) or maybe Korver. I'd be a little more satisfied with adding AJ in the deal if we can get one of those two much needed pieces in return, rather than an unproven draft pick. This way, we still might be able to hold on to our #17 and still possibly get who Bird has his eye on too.

Steve McQueen

Yeah, Ollie played for us I believe for half a season. He wasn't very good, but he'd make one of the best 3rd stringers in the league.

And the ay Bird talks, it's very iffy "his man" is available at #17. I'd say the chances increase substantially at #13, and if Bird feels so strongly about this player, I feel AJ is worth giving up to land him.

Plax80

I don't get why anyone would wantto trade AJ. He was the best player on either team in the Jersey series. He makes practically nothing in NBA terms and we have absolutely no one dependable at the position he plays other than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Plax80
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get why anyone would wantto trade AJ. He was the best player on either team in the Jersey series. He makes practically nothing in NBA terms and we have absolutely no one dependable at the position he plays other than him.

And as it stands right now, he is the Pacers' starting PG.

His value is high. If we can get something for him, then do it. AJ isn't good enough to be a starter for a contender, but is a lousy back-up. If the value is there, then you have to take advantage of it.

Leisure Suit Larry

Quote Originally Posted by microwave_oven
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His value is high. If we can get something for him, then do it. AJ isn't good enough to be a starter for a contender, but is a lousy back-up. If the value is there, then you have to take advantage of it.
    We are NOT a contender.