Thread: Chad Ford's Mock Draft

Default Chad Ford's Mock Draft

Hilton Armstrong?

Is this like a worst case scenario mock draft? It's hard for me to think of a player I'd less like the Pacers to draft except for maybe Josh Boone. If the Pacers are going to draft another post player they need someone who can score. It would be great if they could hit a 10 ft. jump shot or had some post moves. This team has not had a legit threat to score from the post other than JO since Al left. When JO was out Carlisle had Stephen Jackson posting guys up.

Default Re: Chad Ford's Mock Draft

Outside of Aldrige and Bargnani, there are no big man that I like unless you are talking about the ones we could get in the second round. If we pick Hilton Armstrong, i'm going to be pissed. Nothing against Armstrong, it's not that I don't like the guy because I don't know anything about him really, it's just that I don't think he would help us all that much and I think we need a guard more than anything.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ummm, Hilton Armstrong to us in Ford's Mock Drafts was a like in the Mock 2 version, I think... so you're looking at an old mock draft...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

YES!!! HATE HIM!!!! WE WANT HIM!!!! OR SAER...

STARBURY

08 and Beyond

With Pollard not re-signed and the Ps possibly looking to move Cro this would be their backup I guess.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

what's wrong with hilton armstrong? according to draftexpress, this guy has a jumper at least -

http://draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=380

in fact, they compared him to channing frye.

a big man who i think we can use is shelden williams. we'll have to trade up to get him though. i wouldn't mind staying put at 17 either and grabbing armstrong if he's available.

imo i'd prefer to address the guard problem via trade than through the draft - it's tough to make other teams give up decent big men

Banned

A lot tougher to find young big men through free agency/trades than it is the draft. When you have multiple needs, you always draft the big man and then look to FA/Trades for your little fellas.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    YES!!! HATE HIM!!!! WE WANT HIM!!!! OR SAER...

you sure about saer? he's at least a year from contributing, and that's if he doesn't turn out to be a bender. don't the wiz have another project (peter ramos) on the shelf?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute
    you sure about saer? he's at least a year from contributing, and that's if he doesn't turn out to be a bender. don't the wiz have another project (peter ramos) on the shelf?
    PJ Ramos isn't the defensive specimen that Saer is. And Lord Stern knows we need defense.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Basketball
    A lot tougher to find young big men through free agency/trades than it is the draft. When you have multiple needs, you always draft the big man and then look to FA/Trades for your little fellas.
    While that is true I think that this draft is much deeper on guards than it is on bigs. We can get a much better guard at 17 than we can a big, IMO. With that in mind, I think we should draft a guard.

Besides that, I think that our backcourt is much more unstable. Getting say Rando would give us a guy who could very well be our point guard for a long time.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    While that is true I think that this draft is much deeper on guards than it is on bigs. We can get a much better guard at 17 than we can a big, IMO. With that in mind, I think we should draft a guard.

Besides that, I think that our backcourt is much more unstable. Getting say Rando would give us a guy who could very well be our point guard for a long time.
    I think the draft is deep both ways. It may not have amazing players it has plenty of decent role players.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

if its a big man we want, i'd say go after cedric simmons...hopefully he falls to us

If were letting Fred Jones go then we draft a guard for sure. Otherwise we go big
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Steve McQueen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Ho_...ch=saer%20sene

Watch that video, and you'll see why Saer Sene could easily go lotto. If he's available at #17, I'd have no issues with us taking him, although I'm a huge Hulk fan.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, dude can block shots. He's got great quickness in jumping ability, and for a big man looked very fluid in his free throw shots. My concern is if he can box out or not, it looks like he's never had to.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake