Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larry Brown

Default Larry Brown

OK I know I've been actively supportive of Larry Brown coming back to Indiana.

My question is this - does anyone secretly want Larry Brown to come back besides myself?

I know lots of people raise the fact that bridges were burned, etc, etc..., but lets just leave that out.
    -Forget that the Simons or DW might have some bad blood for Larry Brown *which I don't think is the case - I think he left here amicably.

-Forget the concept that there might be too many egos for Donnie, Larry and Larry.

- Forget the health issues.

I just want to know how many people think he could come here and rescue us.

PS - I would make this into a poll but I don't know how to make polls. That said, if anyone admin feels so inclined, please feel free to exercise your artistic creativities...
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Larry Brown

I remember how he "gave up" his last year here....
    I'm sorry, the Pacers don't need to be another team scratching LB a check!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Do I wonder "What if...?"

Yes I do.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Nope.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'm not sure it's what I'd want, but I do think it would be interesting.

I wouldn't pay a lot for him either, if I'm the Simons. The last 3 teams he's walked away from, he still had a large amount left on his contract. He's made a mint doing nothing essentially.

I was trying to think of a team I think he'd be a great fit for right now, and I can't come up with one.

sweabs

If we had the right kind of players, I think I'd be open to the idea. But the roster as currently assembled is not going to miraculously become a 60-win team under Larry Brown. He's a very particular coach, in that he like his players to be a certain way, and play a certain way as he sees things.

That is where problems would most likely to arise. From what we've heard from Larry Bird, his vision for this team does not exactly correlate with Larry Brown's ideal team.

No, I don't want Brown. For a team that is trying to regain sanity in the lookerroom Brown is a bad choice.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Mood

I've thought about it I guess, but I don't think he'd be welcome here. Nothing to do with the Simons, LB, or DW. The fans would not welcome the Larry Brown soap opera back to town for two reasons: 1.) he gave up on our team in his last yr, and 2.) we've had enough problems with suspensions and injuries and questionable characters over the last few years, and Brownie's headaches are not what this city/state/fanbase needs.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

No way do I want Larry Brown here.

Him and Rick share some of the same faults, and not that I don't like Rick and nor do I feel that his faults should get him fired, Rick has seemed to have lost this team so if we replace Rick, we need a different type of coach. We are not going to get a much better xs and ox coach than Rick, he is really a top 5coach in this league IMO or pretty damn close to it.

If we get rid of Rick, I would think that the Pacers would be looking at maybe Rick Aldeman or Don Nelson or some coach who hasn't got a chance to be a head coach yet.

I'd take Larry Brown in a heartbeat.

However in light of new evidence presented to me I will now say that there is no way in hell that the Pacers would bring him back.

That bridge was burned & in this case Walsh & the Simons are 100% correct.

woman without a team

I'd rather have Larry Bird back as coach before I'd want Larry Brown back.

I can't believe I just said that.

no

Steve McQueen

I want a coach that presents an enjoyable up-tempo offense, yet still brings in W's.

If we're canning Rick, we need Adelman as his replacement.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you guys really are looking to move up in the draft, or if you even are hoping that u move up in the draft, then getting LB would make no sesne. You would have to trade vets for a draft pick to use on a rook. Larry Brown simply doesn't play roks like he should. He would not fit in here.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

the responses have been negative overall, and no one has even brought up brownie's medical issues yet

i say no as well

I need a drink.

Banned

Traveling salesman. No thanks.

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want a coach that presents an enjoyable up-tempo offense, yet still brings in W's.
    Yeah, afterall this is supposed to be entertainment.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    I'd rather have Larry Bird back as coach before I'd want Larry Brown back.

I can't believe I just said that.
    I agree. And for three years I was a big, no, make that a HUGE Larry Brown fan. That last year - that was Hell.

I'm curious if I know what Peck is talking about... I guess we'll probably need to take that discussion offline.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

After Donnie Walsh, I think Larry Brown is the single greatest driving force this team has ever in getting us out of anonymity. Sure Larry might have given up on the team but the team also gave up on Larry.

And Larry Brown makes it clear to everyone that his style is one that wears upon the players... I think he's well aware that he only lasts 3-4 years max anywhere. I don't think another 3 years of Brown would be all that bad.

A shot in the arm.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

I'd have to seriously consider not being a Pacer fan anymore if they made Larry Brown our coach again.

I'd be extremely happy if Larry Brown was shunned by the NBA and never offered another coaching job.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman

I'd be extremely happy if Larry Brown was shunned by the NBA and never offered another coaching job.
    Agree 100%

Tim

If we had a bunch of young talent, say like Granger and Harrison plus others learning their way, then I would want him back. But I don't see Tins, Jack, Cabbage, Peja and AJ meshing well with Brown long term.

If Brown is brought back then Peja must not be resigned, Tins, AJ, Peja and Jack moved. He would have to move Jo too, not because he would be a problem I think he would get along fine, it will take JO to get Tins and Jack traded.

WHY??? WHY the hate people?? WHY??